Zhang Kaiyin, China's undefeated fighter

heavenly kaghan

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Zhang Kaiyin gained fame in the kickboxing world by first knocking out Lamsamkram, then defeating John Wayne Parr in unified Sanshou-Muay Thai rules and then knocking out Longern Superpro Samui and two other Thai fighters in K 1 Max last year. He is undefeated in kickboxing bouts and has tremendous potential for K 1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXE05Wt8E8M

Unlike typical sanshou fighters, Zhang has very powerful hands and punching combinations and coupled with heavy kicks. He doesn't utilize the sidekick much and prefers the front kick.
The only problem is that he has trouble cutting below 73 KG and cannot fight in K 1 max, and is too light for K 1 grand prix. Simon Marcus has called to fight him a few times but the fight didn't materialize.

However, not only does he have the potential for K 1, Zhang has great potential for MMA as well as his wrestling is improving more and more over the years. He tooled the Russian Champion last year by out striking and out grappling him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8WNBa-0K-4

He is still only 27, and has time to get some basic ground work down before continuing. He is a better striker than Cung Le, and has decent wrestling, so the prospect of his success is high.

In 2014, there is no reason to be stuck between MAX and HW. He's got other options, with Glory being the most obvious. I was really impressed by him in the fight with JWP. Would love to see more of him against tough opponents.

So why doesnt he compete in Glory? Fight at 77 kg. Whats his walk around weight? If hes been in talks with fighting Simon Marcus would he be big enough for 85 kg? Thatd be something to see.

How did he do in the Sanshou circuits? Has he fought in the King of Sanda tournament, or medaled in the world Wushu championships?

The real question is... how would he do against Yi Long?

So why doesnt he compete in Glory? Fight at 77 kg. Whats his walk around weight? If hes been in talks with fighting Simon Marcus would he be big enough for 85 kg? Thatd be something to see.

He typically fights at 75 kg, could go up to 80 kg. Simon Marcus often fights at 80 kg against Chinese fighters. But weight is indeed one of the reason the fight hasn't happened. Simon has called him out, but the fight never had the chance to happen.
I don't think most Chinese even know about Glory, they are still stuck with K 1.

How did he do in the Sanshou circuits? Has he fought in the King of Sanda tournament, or medaled in the world Wushu championships?

2007 world sanda amateur bout, Iran cup champion 80 KG
2007 national amateur bout 2nd place 75 KG
2007 Chongqing world king of Sanda champion 75 kg
2009 CKA pro sanda national champion 75 KG
2009 Chinese national Olympics 3rd place 77.5 KG
2010 world wushu king of Boji champion 75 KG
2010 national amateur champion 75 kg
2011 Chinese national amateur champion 75 KG
2013 world Sanda amateur champion 75 kg (2nd time world champion)

Additional information:

He defeated King of Sanda Bao Ligao in the 2005 national amateur bout, but only got 4th place that year.
He broke the super king of king of sanda Liu Hailong's wrist in sparring, leading to Liu's retirement.

Last edited:
No professional sanda fighter takes Yi Long seriously.

That's a stretch. He beat Cyrus Washington handily and TKO'd one of the guys from FA Group, although he obviously wasn't the highest level. He's the Chinese equivalent of Raul Catinas or Bogdan Stoica or someone like that.

Zhang vs holzken, make it happen
Bit of a rush on that one.

I would like to see him mix things up in Glory's welterweight division. And shit, why go so hard on the US market, Glory should gun for China as well. Maybe a co-promotion with Kunlun Fight or something...

Yeah, sign 2 or 3 chinese fighters and do a show in china. have the feeling kickboxing promotions like kunlun fight and K1 making big money there.

Yeah, sign 2 or 3 chinese fighters and do a show in china. have the feeling kickboxing promotions like kunlun fight and K1 making big money there.

k-1 making big money?

I don't know what you've been watching but their events look shitty as hell and their last event was the worst ever and dates back to february

with 1 event this year how can they make a shitload of money....especially considering the state that event was in

the stadiums were pretty packed compared to the last glory events.

K1 in it's current state is shit, thanks for the info. first time I'm hearing this.

the stadiums were pretty packed compared to the last glory events.

K1 in it's current state is shit, thanks for the info. first time I'm hearing this.

you are the one talking bullshit

have the feeling kickboxing promotions like kunlun fight and K1 making big money there.

k-1 has done fuck all in 2014......1 measly event in azerbeijan, yet you 'have the feeling' that k-1 is making big money in china

some retarded shit you posted

From all accounts they did do well in China, for that particular show (as shady as it was). That was a huge stadium with good attendance and it was broadcasted all over China...

k-1 has done fuck all in 2014......1 measly event in azerbeijan, yet you 'have the feeling' that k-1 is making big money in china

sold out stadium and national broadcasted show doesn't sound to bad for a low production show.

My whole point is that Kickboxing seem to do well lately in China, you dick.

Last edited:
Nice skills as far as I can see but he fought Longern at 75kgs..... no wonder he crushed him.

Back