ZMA and GABA

rearnakedchoke

Suck it!
@Steel
Reaction score
i was reading about these for sleep .. Has anyone ever tried? Is it worth it, or not so much

I just take zinc. works well for staying asleep.

As far as I know, the only reason people talk about ZMA is off the back of a tiny, dodgy study paid for by a dodgy manufacturer and it's never been replicated. Could be wrong. All the vitamin B in it just gives me weird dreams anyway.

GABA - is it really a good idea to ingest large enough amounts of a single neurotransmitter to effect your brain over a prolonged period? I doubt it. The body's homeostatic tendencies lead to changes you can't predict and don't want.

I'm sure there are better ways to approach sleep problems.

I'm not sure about sleep, but I take a rough equivalent to ZMA post workout anyway. I usually take a vitamin B complex (something with 100mg of thiamine), a Zinc supplement, and a Magnesium supplement.

I wouldn't really mess with GABA, but I think MSG does something to help synthesize it. I have a salt shaker with MSG in it, you could probably do something similar.

ZMA helped me stay asleep, never had any problems falling asleep. It also gave me crazy dreams.

I used to take the individual ingredients and it was much cheaper (zinc aspertate and magnesium aspertate.) I usually left the out B6 because it often had the opposite effect and kept me awake. slept better and had crazy dreams.

Don't know much about gaba.

I do 30 mg zinc, 90 mg magnesium, 15 mg B 6, 50 mg GABA, and 1 mg melatonin (in the form of a GNC Pro Performance Zinc Magnesium Amino Complex) and an additional 3 mg melatonin and 200 mg L-theanine (in the form of a Nature Made Melatonin+). Sleep like a baby.

I'm a former insomniac, and ZMA and melatonin has me sleeping 8+ hours a night anymore. I doubt the testosterone boosting effects of ZMA beyond that of just getting better quality of sleep, but my quality of sleep as certainly improved since I started taking it.

Does any of this shit help you get to sleep, my issue is falling once there my ass is out for 8 hours.

any something half hour or hour before i want to sleep and the thing will knock me out ?

Does any of this shit help you get to sleep, my issue is falling once there my ass is out for 8 hours.

any something half hour or hour before i want to sleep and the thing will knock me out ?

Melatonin will help you fall asleep, as well as Doxylamine Succinate (drug name for unisom).

Also, not watching TV within 1 hour of bedtime has made a difference in my sleep quality. The light from the screen (and even from cellphones) affects circadian rhythms and melatonin secretion at night when you need it.

Also, not watching TV within 1 hour of bedtime has made a difference in my sleep quality. The light from the screen (and even from cellphones) affects circadian rhythms and melatonin secretion at night when you need it.
This is the same with reading on an ipad ... Read a book before bed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back