ZMA and Gabba

Repairman1988

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hey guys i checked the Sticky and was looking through the sleep aid post, and i looked at ZMA and Gabba. I have a lot of trouble unwinding and finally falling asleep, and then when i finally do pass out, i tend to wake up a lot because of super crazy intense dreams. I lucid Dream a ridiculous amount/have sleep paralysis/just retarded intense dream sequences and it tends to wake me up a lot, or i wake up exhausted cause it feels like Ive just run a marathon. Ive taken melatonin, but that basically just makes my already intense dreams into acid trips lol, so i just wake up tired. Anyways my question is, has anyone here used ZMA or gabba and found a reduction in dreams and more of a deeper sleep? It really fatigues me throughout my day, and i know my workouts would be so much better if i just got that one good nights sleep.

Also i couldn't find any side effects or long term effects, is that a lack of information, or are they relatively safe to consume? Thanks very much guys for any input you may have!

I started researching GABA after the sleep aid posts and decided to give it a try. No one responded with a dose in that thread, so I found someone in a different thread who said they took 1500mg. I tried that and also 2250mg which I like better. It doesn't however (at least for me) do what you want. I seem to dream more on it not less. The first night I took it I also tossed and turned horribly. Oddly though the next day I felt less tired despite the tossing and turning. The following nights have been more peaceful except for the increased dreaming. The sleep I get just seems to be better sleep. I'm feeling less tired and using less caffeine.

I've never taken ZMA as a separate supp, but my multivitamin includes it...can't say I've noticed much of anything from that. However I swear by GABA and use it every night (about 2-2.5 grams, a teaspoon of powder). I'm not sure what effect it will have on your dreams, but I tend to sleep more deeply and wake up less when I use it. I also sleep a little bit less in total, but that depends on how tired I am.

Thanks for the replies guy, im gonna test out gabba i think. Hopefully its not as bad dream wise, as melatonin.

I have taken ZMA before and I feel it gives me deeper sleep but don't expect less vivid dreams while on ZMA - quite the contrary...

The way you describe your problems it sounds like you have a lot stress/unsolved issues in your daily life, which eventually catches you at night. Try to deal with it in the first place.

Regarding your sleep, there's a new-discovered method in medicine, it's kinda not really method of sleep-deprivation, but closely...anyway, point is find out how much you really sleep/night and try to get it in one peace, which basically comes to: don't go to the bed too early...(better 5 hours of quality sleep than 8 of poor).

And sleep deprivation WILL make you sleep like a newborn.
If you wakes at 6 AM, don't go to the bed before 1 AM if you found out that you usually sleep no more that 5 hours/night. Your sleep quality will improve in short. Later you can work (slowly) your way to 8-hour/night sleep. Never try to force sleep upon you - it only makes things worse

I post this in all the thread but i have sleep issues and i take:

45 mintues pre bed
zma, some valerian root, 6 mg melatonin

As i go to bed i take 3 mg more melatonin, and my GABA maybe another valerian.

I sleep great.

Back