ZMA for non-training?

touchedbyjab

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I tore my ACL recently, so I can't workout/train. I was wondering if I should still take ZMA for sleep or would I be better off taking something else? Thanks!

It can't hurt, but I just wonder if you're better off financially saving it for when you are exercising again?

i would take it just for the sleep quality. a good night's sleep is always a good thing whether you're training or not. it is also pretty inexpensive so it won't be as though you are burning a lot of cash on it.

I just take it for sleep quality in general, so if $ isn't an issue go for it. If $ is an issue you can get the mg and zinc separate for less as well usually.

This crap makes me restless all night long, every time I tried it... Don't understand why people love it so much.

Do you track your micros? Do you already get enough magnesium and zinc in your diet? There are other options for sleep versus overconsumption of supplements your body may not need.

This crap makes me restless all night long, every time I tried it... Don't understand why people love it so much.

That's most likely the B vitamins. A lot of people have had this problem. I find it much better (and a lot cheaper) to buy the zinc and magnesium separately and exclude the B vitamins. Works great for me. I sleep well and feel rested. People have to understand that it's not a supplement that is going to make you uber jackt. It will however give you a more restful sleep. Which is more valuable to me than any other supplement

Longer and a better quality of sleep will definitely help your healing process and help you maintain your lean-ness. I would recommend need2sleep. It is a very well thought out and formulated product that will assist you in reaching the deeper level of REM sleep

Back