Zma?

tucker713

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I heard mix things about ZMA, I just wondering if anyone here takes it and what do you think about it?

Does it make you tired?

I've never noticed it making me tired. And it certainly doesn't affect you if you take a HotRox too close to bedtime (which I did last night). I do tend to relax a little easier during sleep when I take ZMA, though.

Not tired enough. It helps a bit, but IMO, isn't worth the $. Many others here will disagree though.

When taken in combination with cheese, I never want to wake up. It's like rocket fuel for the pons.

Gives me crazy dreams and extreme morning wood.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/search.php?searchid=2767225

Check out some of the threads in the link above. You can't do a search with three letters so searching under ZMA doesn't work. The search above is using magnesium and zinc. ZMA has been beaten to death in this form so I'm sure your answers can be found in some of the threads linked.

CelebritySexist said:
When taken in combination with cheese, I never want to wake up. It's like rocket fuel for the pons.

LMAO!!!! What the hell is in the cheese that does that? Tyramine? Or the tryptophan and calcium?

HellIsForHeroes said:
I've never had such vivid dreams before taking ZMA. The colors are astounding.

Mine are fucking scary though.

Again, for all the vivid dream reports- it's the vitamin B6. Yeah, the one ingredient nobody talks about in ZMA is the one that gives the effects everyone talks about. Take a MV with high B6 or just straight B6 before sleep and you'll notice the same vivid dreams, nightmares, boners, etc.

woober said:
Again, for all the vivid dream reports- it's the vitamin B6. Yeah, the one ingredient nobody talks about in ZMA is the one that gives the effects everyone talks about. Take a MV with high B6 or just straight B6 before sleep and you'll notice the same vivid dreams, nightmares, boners, etc.

I thought it was the Magnesium.

Sonny said:
I thought it was the Magnesium.

Mg causes deep tendon and skeletal muscle relaxation; I've heard of the B6 and vivid dreams, but I don't know what the mechanism is.

just wanted to make a note that mikemartial had a GREAT post about ZMA in one of the threads that you can find in the search link in this thread...

Sonny said:
Gives me crazy dreams and extreme morning wood.

haha im glad im not alone on that one. i had the vivid nightmares but i wasnt sure if i should add in the tidbit about being unable to roll over in the morning

woober said:

Don't think it's the MV; I've been taking various brands of vitamins and never felt the Aboriginal mystic vibe in the manner that I do with the ZMA. Actually, I might dig up some 5-HTP and stare at Yes album covers for an hour before I go to bed some night, just to give the machinery some real juice...yes, that'll do.

Braderlei said:
haha im glad im not alone on that one. i had the vivid nightmares but i wasnt sure if i should add in the tidbit about being unable to roll over in the morning

LOL. I'm slowly getting used to waking up from a terrifying nightmare only to see that I've pitched a tent in my shorts.

CelebritySexist said:
Don't think it's the MV; I've been taking various brands of vitamins and never felt the Aboriginal mystic vibe in the manner that I do with the ZMA. Actually, I might dig up some 5-HTP and stare at Yes album covers for an hour before I go to bed some night, just to give the machinery some real juice...yes, that'll do.

No, it's not the multivitamin. Did I say it was? No, I said it was B6. Look at the label, ZMA is fucking loaded with a HUGE amount of B6. Most multi's don't have that much, and with all the other vitamins it might not be absorbed as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back