Zombie situps

Brampton_Boy

Douchey Mc Douche
@red
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried these? Essentially, you are doing a situp on a decline bench, but have your hands dangling (literally dead weight) at your sides. For whatever reason it is significantly harder than having your hands behind the head or across your chest.

While weighted decline situps are obviously superior, I was curious to hear how many of you have heard of this exercise.

(Before I get yelled at for asking a question about crunches, decline situps are part of the squats and milk program)

This is interesting. I might try it.

Also, if you want to really look like a zombie, try the zombie farmer: lift and carry one farmer's bar, so heavy that it makes you walk like a zombie. Trust me, it looks silly but it's tough as hell.

BTW, anything with the word "zombie" immediately owns. I'm a zombie lover. :icon_twis

Declines w/a plate held behind BUT NOT TOUCHING your head > all decline sit ups.

I like the name.

So, when you sit up your arms are like dangling down...like knuckles on the ground dangling?
Sounds weird.
I think I agree with Cross Rainer. Not much beats weighted decline sit ups, and the behind the head one kills the rest with it's bare hands.

I'll try them though, just for shits and giggles.

Some swedish powerlifters where talking on another board about "zombie squats" that would hit the core hard.

Basicly squat with your arms straight out like a zombie, the bar rests about where it does for frontsquats I guess...

I like the name.

So, when you sit up your arms are like dangling down...like knuckles on the ground dangling?
Sounds weird.
I think I agree with Cross Rainer. Not much beats weighted decline sit ups, and the behind the head one kills the rest with it's bare hands.

I'll try them though, just for shits and giggles.

:icon_neut

The only problem is I'm not sure how to progress now. I can do sets with a 25 now, but a 45, assuming I have the strength, will probably be just too bulky to be doable.

The only problem is I'm not sure how to progress now. I can do sets with a 25 now, but a 45, assuming I have the strength, will probably be just too bulky to be doable.

you could pinch two 25s together. could you use dbs?

You could use those fruity colored weight balls.

I've actually considered getting an old football helmet and duck taping weights to it for neck exercises.

What that has to do with this thread I have no idea.

I've actually considered getting an old football helmet and duck taping weights to it for neck exercises.

What that has to do with this thread I have no idea.

First off it's duct tape. No one ever had need of taping a duck.

Second everyone knows the only way to use a helmet for weighted neck training is to weld a vertical bar on to the top of it. Not only is it highly effective, but fucking hilarious at the same time.

Put this helmet on and have Hans throw watermelons off the roof....try to catch as much produce as you can. Think Hardcore Double Dare.

8307718_2413484.jpg

fuck you guys. I'm sick and you made me laugh

When I do my weighed curlups I hold the weights in front of me. For 45 lbs and 90lbs I'm able to get the weight up myself. For 135 lbs I need someone to help me get the weight up. You need the weights that have handles on them so you can run some sort of a strap through them to hook it to your hand. To be honest, I never do more than 90lbs unless I want to see who from my workout group can do the most weight. 90lbs going as slow as possible on the negative and you'll be spent as hell after 3-4 reps.

edit: Obviously its not the same as being behind your head, but it gets the job done quite nicely.

I was thinking situps with two dumbells held at arms length above you when I came into this thread, now those are damn fun, don't forget to say 'BRAINSSSS" as you come up.

When I do my weighed curlups I hold the weights in front of me. For 45 lbs and 90lbs I'm able to get the weight up myself. For 135 lbs I need someone to help me get the weight up. You need the weights that have handles on them so you can run some sort of a strap through them to hook it to your hand. To be honest, I never do more than 90lbs unless I want to see who from my workout group can do the most weight. 90lbs going as slow as possible on the negative and you'll be spent as hell after 3-4 reps.

edit: Obviously its not the same as being behind your head, but it gets the job done quite nicely.

3 plates on my chest doesn't seem like a good idea when I'm on a fully elevated decline bench...in fact, three plates on my chest doesn't seem like a good idea.

You hold them out in front of you, kind of like a bench press.. Idk I guess its kinda dangerous. I never even thought about it to be honest... if you're nervous use a barbell with plates on it and have a person or two spot you. Its not like a bench press where the bar will fall on your neck. Worse case scenario would probably be like a broken jaw...

Back