Zookeeper Gabe's Animal Thread V7.0

Is that real?
While I feel my sense of awareness would keep me from being ambushed from the sky by a big raptor, I couldn't imagine having to continuously watch for a giant clawed monster in the sky trying to snatch my children. I can understand the drive to eliminate such a threat. Imagine at least 5 people in your community had lost their children to such a beast. Everyone with a set of nuts would be squadding up to kill giant eagles. Go Maori!

While I feel my sense of awareness would keep me from being ambushed from the sky by a big raptor, I couldn't imagine having to continuously watch for a giant clawed monster in the sky trying to snatch my children. I can understand the drive to eliminate such a threat. Imagine at least 5 people in your community had lost their children to such a beast. Everyone with a set of nuts would be squadding up to kill giant eagles. Go Maori!
It's too bad they didn't domesticate them instead. How terrifying would it be to see a Maori doing a Haka on the back of the eagle flying towards you. I bet the world would look a lot different.

It's too bad they didn't domesticate them instead. How terrifying would it be to see a Maori doing a Haka on the back of the eagle flying towards you. I bet the world would look a lot different.

Human are pussy, despite being intelligent. We only domesticate animals that are not, really, a threat to us, smaller. Look at dogs, cats.

No way we "make the error" of trying to tame a beast that is double our size.

I feel the exact same way about house centipedes, nevermind that gigantic clawed beast!

yep. And the Maori drove them to extinction, same with that Haast eagle above. I couldn't imagine trying to take one down with a spear
643_giant-moa_sameerprehistorica.jpg
That's just crazy!

01_serval_sighting.adapt.1900.1.jpg

For Sergio Pitamitz, seeing a black cat was a stroke of luck. In February in Kenya's Tsavo West National Park, the photographer spotted a jet-black serval—a wildcat with a normally cheetah-like coat.

The animal is melanistic—its genes carry a mutation that creates more dark pigment than light pigment, according to Eduardo Eizirik, a biologist and cat-melanism expert at Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul in Brazil.

Here is a normal serval:

1_serval.jpg

Awesome!

Other weird animal stories from 2017:

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/12/animals-rats-lions-weird-orcas/

Little dog owners are shite. Too many of them don't bother to properly train their rats because they think the bad behavior "is so cute". That little fucker has aggression issues and just because the dog is puntable doesn't make the owner any less culpable.

Ran into one of these angry little ewoks today

544-Mountain-Beaver-070566-at-admit-050807-KM.png

2008703529-300x0.jpg

The Infamous Pacific North-West, Mountain Beaver. He spooked my Basset Hound while she was sniffing around some trees looking to pee, then she tried to grab it and rip it apart before I pulled her back(Snapped those hunting dog genes into action)

Anyone ever seen or heard of these before? Pretty unique little animals, who tend to be pretty grumpy when out of there dens. They are located mostly in forests of the PNW from BC to northern CA

Badass boar video

Peoples seem to never consider them as a danger when on reality (here in europe) are probably the most dangerous shit you can meet

Damn, not sure why I didn't get any notifications about any of these recent posts. When I have some time I'll put up some new Komodo footage.

My life is now different having read this post. Tonight, I will dream of Maori warriors riding eagles into battle!

As a side note, Mongolians use eagles to hunt tundra wolves. Knowing how creative and adaptable they were in battle, it makes you wonder why they didn't employ (or deploy I suppose) war eagles.

Human are pussy, despite being intelligent. We only domesticate animals that are not, really, a threat to us, smaller. Look at dogs, cats.

Elephants?

This is going to give me nightmares; like for real.

True story: a buddy and I were talking about this sailing trip he was taking (he sails). That night I had nightmares of diving off a sailboat into shark infested waters.

WTF are you thinking kayak fishing off the coast of South Africa? One of the stupidest things I've ever heard of.
Dude was like, "I got an owie on my finger, man that sucks!'

Aurangjeb.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

camel+fest+Dec+2008+076.jpg

camel+haircut.jpg

Pushkar-Camel-Fair-camel-herder-bringing-his-camels-to-the-Fair.jpg

b2928bf25a77ac3b2360f33533ca7701.jpg

e37e7c55359046e342db578a08ded0c4.jpg

EzjGbGe.jpg

abf4156f85c11561e7a90cfb6de3b951--mount-washington-belgian-draft-horses.jpg

:D

Back