camel+fest+Dec+2008+076.jpg

camel+haircut.jpg

Pushkar-Camel-Fair-camel-herder-bringing-his-camels-to-the-Fair.jpg

b2928bf25a77ac3b2360f33533ca7701.jpg

e37e7c55359046e342db578a08ded0c4.jpg

EzjGbGe.jpg

abf4156f85c11561e7a90cfb6de3b951--mount-washington-belgian-draft-horses.jpg

:D
Yeah, that's so silly. Wikipedia has a pretty comprehensive list of animals that are considered domesticated or semi-domesticated [LINK] and the following are all as big or bigger than most people:
Goats
Sheep
Pigs
Cattle
Bali Cattle
Water Buffalo
Zebu
Yak
American Bison
Muskox
Dromedary Camel
Bactrian Camel
Horses
Donkeys
Llamas
Alpacas
Addax
Gemsbox
Scimitar oryx
Fringe-eared Oryx
Indian Elephant
Reindeer
Red Deer
Sika Deer
Moose
Elk
Common Eland
American Alligator
Ostrich (North Affrican, South African, and Somali)
Emu

My life is now different having read this post. Tonight, I will dream of Maori warriors riding eagles into battle!

As a side note, Mongolians use eagles to hunt tundra wolves. Knowing how creative and adaptable they were in battle, it makes you wonder why they didn't employ (or deploy I suppose) war eagles.
eagles are easy to kill if you have weapons. They couldnt do much damage to an armored man. And I doubt you can train a bird to recklessly plunge into danger.

eagles are easy to kill if you have weapons. They couldnt do much damage to an armored man. And I doubt you can train a bird to recklessly plunge into danger.
I would have held this opinion before viewing the way they are used against the wolves. The fact is... they do train them to plunge head (talon) first into danger. The wolves fight back, just not successfully. They strike at the eyes and grip and tear. The wolves can't shake them, try as they may. I would imagine the Eagles are powerful enough to do serious damage to the orbital sets of a human, let alone the incapacitating pain of eye damage itself. Seriously, watch the videos (I'm not going to disrespect Gabes thread with animal violence). Im certain you are either overestimating human durability (we are fragile and squishy relative to other beasts) or underestimating the power (or strategy) of the eagles. They latch on to the bone between the eyes and tear. The wolves bite and shake them around with panicked strength and the Eagle just rides it out. I don't know how long they've been using eagles in this fashion but many protective helmets from around 1200-1300 would do little to protect against such attacks. Not all soldiers were equipped with the great helms of Norman Knights.

I would have held this opinion before viewing the way they are used against the wolves. The fact is... they do train them to plunge head (talon) first into danger. The wolves fight back, just not successfully. They strike at the eyes and grip and tear. The wolves can't shake them, try as they may. I would imagine the Eagles are powerful enough to do serious damage to the orbital sets of a human, let alone the incapacitating pain of eye damage itself. Seriously, watch the videos (I'm not going to disrespect Gabes thread with animal violence). Im certain you are either overestimating human durability (we are fragile and squishy relative to other beasts) or underestimating the power (or strategy) of the eagles. They latch on to the bone between the eyes and tear. The wolves bite and shake them around with panicked strength and the Eagle just rides it out. I don't know how long they've been using eagles in this fashion but many protective helmets from around 1200-1300 would do little to protect against such attacks. Not all soldiers were equipped with the great helms of Norman Knights.
yeah, I know an eagle can maim a human. But a prepared battlefield soldier is another matter. Especially when grouped in formation. An eagle wouldn't attack an wolf traveling with his pack either.

But maybe they could be used to "bomb" the enemy by releasing weapons from the air.

yeah, I know an eagle can maim a human. But a prepared battlefield soldier is another matter. Especially when grouped in formation. An eagle wouldn't attack an wolf traveling with his pack either.
At the time the Mongols were buttfucking most of the world many armies were largely made up of conscripts levied from the area. These were primarily guys that would go back to farming if they survived the experience. Professional soldiers were a small part of an army during this time period, generally speaking of course.
But maybe they could be used to "bomb" the enemy by releasing weapons from the air
Beehives or poop. It's all I got.

A guy running a tank buster fish rescue. Tank busters are fish that get huge and shouldn't be sold by pet stores. Examples are pacu's, red tailed catfish, and arowana's.
He's got over 18k gallons worth of tanks in his house and an epic mullet.

@0:57-59
holy-sht.gif

Gorgeous bird here:

If not for its typical creepy vulture eyes, it might've supplanted the harpy eagle as my favorite bird.

@Mungoose I'vet seen those videos and there's actually a fantastic documentary on a young girl (usually only men do it) that has taken it up. She's badass, that being said a lot of the videos where you see the wolf grab the eagle and give it a vicious shake. That bird is going to end up dead or being unable to fly again, birds break easy.

Just ask Jon Snow what it's like to be attacked by an eagle.

Just saved some tourist from a bear attack tonight. Was viewing bears on a road above a salmon creek, when a 2-3 year old male bear(200ish lbs) came out of the woods near our vehicle. 3 women proceed to all take out there phones, and walk towards it then try to take selfies with it. I yelled at them to get back, but the Bear did a bluff charge. I got in between them and stood my ground, while yelling and holding a big stick, as everyone else ran for the car. Luckily the bear was just bluffing, and it also help that I am quite a bit bigger than that bear. The women in the car, said they thought the bears were not allowed on the roads, and had to stay in the grass like the zoo....
If whenever you hear a bear story you picture a big hairy gay guy it becomes hilarious.

Gorgeous bird here:

If not for its typical creepy vulture eyes, it might've supplanted the harpy eagle as my favorite bird.

Fun fact: the bearded vulture is the only bird known to decorate themselves.
They normally look like this:
bearded_vulture_teaser.jpg

but they stain themselves purposely by rubbing soil reddened with iron oxides on their feathers so they look like this:
BeardedVulture1-.jpg

badass huh.

but they stain themselves purposely by rubbing soil reddened with iron oxides on their feathers so they look like this:
BeardedVulture1-.jpg

badass huh.
thats metal af

are we sure thats not just the blood of the fallen?

BeardedVulture1-.jpg

badass huh.

Those eyes are crazy looking.

this guy has one for a pet, among many other exotic birds

wow, this guy has the life of a super villain; i'm jelly af.

Surprised he settled for a brown harpy; blues are much more beautiful, imo

edit: thats not a harpy

CsJax1wWEAAHgcw.jpg

wow, this guy has the life of a super villain; i'm jelly af.

Surprised he settled for a brown harpy; blues are much more beautiful, imo

edit: thats not a harpy

CsJax1wWEAAHgcw.jpg
yeah, he's got such a chill life. I've read that he's a retired banker so he used his wealth to buy a patch of paradise in Thailand to pursue his passion- birds. But he is friends to all animals.

Back