Zookeeper Gabe's Animal Thread V7.0

@Zookeeper Gabe what do you think about species such as the dingo going extinct? or at least threatened with it. On the one hand, it sucks to see any animal go. on the other hand they are an invasive species to australia. so what say you?
Dingos arnt going extinct, there fucking everywhere, recently 1 of our friends went to a farm to do 3 weeks of sheep sheering, they wher done in a 2 days because Dingos and wild dogs had killed close to 3500 head of stock.

I work on a remote mine site and the scabby things are hanging around the car parks

One of the biggest asshole cats I ever worked with was a caracal.

Ah my feels have been broken.
At my home we have our resident groundhog/ woodchuck. And each year we are treated to a new batch of young who frolic about the lawn. Quite cute to see. Unfortunately, one has been hit by car. It is lying injured at the side of the road. It can still move a bit but the poor guy has issues. I wish I could help him but he is large enough to give a good bite. We've left him sheltered for the day. I'm about ready to drive home to see how he is doing. I hope he has found his way home.

Ah my feels have been broken.
At my home we have our resident groundhog/ woodchuck. And each year we are treated to a new batch of young who frolic about the lawn. Quite cute to see. Unfortunately, one has been hit by car. It is lying injured at the side of the road. It can still move a bit but the poor guy has issues. I wish I could help him but he is large enough to give a good bite. We've left him sheltered for the day. I'm about ready to drive home to see how he is doing. I hope he has found his way home.
Dude, call your local Wildlife rehabber. Someone may be able to come get him, also never touch a mammal without gloves on most states will euthanize and test for rabies if there is skin contact.

Hello again Gabe!

Was reading the news and saw this clip about a woman who was eaten by a big snake. How normal is this? Another case and I think it was in the same country(Indonesia) of a man that was sleeping from being drunk. That made more sense, you know an easy meal for the snake. But a wake and alert human being? How is that even possible?

The next clip also had me thinking. Is the inside of a snake as durable as the outside? I mean the gator was still alive during the deep throat process and why could it not harm the snake from the inside?

haha sorry but these questions make me laugh. I'm not Gabe but will answer since these questions are kind of silly to ask him.

With regards to the python eating a human they say its as rare as getting hit by lightning twice. And they can grab an awake human via ambush. You could end up stepping on it and not even know it is there.

Ya the inside of the snake is not as tough as the outside. Drax was right, Starlord was wrong.

giphy.gif

That said a python is not swallowing you until he has constricted you to death first. So it is kind of moot since you won't be fighting like Drax was.

Dude, call your local Wildlife rehabber. Someone may be able to come get him, also never touch a mammal without gloves on most states will euthanize and test for rabies if there is skin contact.
Hey, thanks much for answering. You really deserve a medal for being the unofficial Sherdog animal emissary.

I left him be understanding rabies is a concern. I had placed a few leafy branches over him to make a tent and keep him away from the eyes of predators. This morning he was gone. Good luck little fella, where ever you are.
I hadn't called animal control from the start as I didn't want to see the guy put down. Let him take a fighting chance, right? Animal rehab is another choice but I'm at a loss on how to initiate this process.

@Zookeeper Gabe is this real or some sort of camera perspective trick?

I don't know enough about turtles to say if that particular shot is just perspective, but some sea turtles do get BIG. The leatherback is the largest coming in at 6ft+ in length and can weigh in over 1000 pounds. So that clip probably has some exaggeration due to perspective, but that turtle could still easily be ~5ft ~500lb.

I don't know enough about turtles to say if that particular shot is just perspective, but some sea turtles do get BIG. The leatherback is the largest coming in at 6ft+ in length and can weigh in over 1000 pounds. So that clip probably has some exaggeration due to perspective, but that turtle could still easily be ~5ft ~500lb.
hqdefault.jpg

Is that what that kid is supposed to be dressed up as? I've never seen that picture before.
Nope. He's a zombie and he likes toitles.

Google 'I like turtles' for a chuckle. You shouldn't get random dick pictures but who knows these days.

@Zookeeper Gabe is this real or some sort of camera perspective trick?

What is the largest sea turtle? NOAA

Weighing in at between 550 and 2,000 pounds with lengths of up to six feet, the leatherback is a big turtle! Leatherback sea turtles can be distinguished from other species of sea turtle by its lack of a hard shell or scales. Instead, leatherbacks are covered with a firm, rubbery skin.

It's a loggerhead. They get big but not leatherback big. Camera perspective makes it look huge

I just saw an article saying Koko the gorilla died today.

Hey, thanks much for answering. You really deserve a medal for being the unofficial Sherdog animal emissary.

I left him be understanding rabies is a concern. I had placed a few leafy branches over him to make a tent and keep him away from the eyes of predators. This morning he was gone. Good luck little fella, where ever you are.
I hadn't called animal control from the start as I didn't want to see the guy put down. Let him take a fighting chance, right? Animal rehab is another choice but I'm at a loss on how to initiate this process.
Often times when it comes to Wildlife, animal control will pick the injured animal up but bring it to a local wildlife rehabber/Vet. It depends on your local AC officers, but for future incidents like this I would google wild life rehab/vets in the area.

The cutest form of pest control

Back