Zubaira Tukhugov: I will fight Artem Lobov with pleasure. (Khabib vs Lobov conflict)

If I would be nationalist, I wouldn't be a Khabib fan or Islam Makhachev fan or post interview with Tukhugov who is Chechen.
You are a weird teenager who's not worth the time. Thank you and good bye.
I get that these guys aren't "Russian" but they do live within the Russian Federation, which certainly seems to be your "thing"

I get that these guys aren't "Russian" but they do live within the Russian Federation, which certainly seems to be your "thing"

That's the thing I know best. Just because I write about thing I know best, it makes me a nationalist? I think you need to check the definition of the word nationalism in a dictionary.

I am no journalist, a translator at best.
I am a fan who wants to contribute to the forum and have some interesting materials to discuss.

If I would be nationalist, I wouldn't be a Khabib fan or Islam Makhachev fan or post interview with Tukhugov who is Chechen.

You do know one doesn't have to be a racist to be a nationalist right?

I'm not worth the time? Then why do you instigate this conversation?

Goodbye, right back at you.

i was thinking a bit about who would be the most UFC-ready fighters in ACB and i'd agree with Tukhugov, should Raisov and Aziz beat their opponents in ACB 86, they will be the 2 more prepared fighters in the organization, Askarov included too, but he's already been confirmed to sign with UFC anyway

HW: Mukhomad Vakhaev (6-4-1) - wins over Goltsov, Boser and Belostenniy - lost to Rasulov
LHW: Batraz Agnaev (4-0) - wins over Thiago Silva and Max Nunes
MW: Albert Duraev (11-3) - wins over Vasilevsky and Gadzhidaudov - loses to Emeev and Tokov
WW: Mukhamed Berkhamov (13-1) - wins over Jesse Taylor, Davlatmurodov and Brett Cooper
LW: Abdul-Aziz Abdulvakhabov (15-1) - wins over Vartanyan and Bagov
FW: Marat Balaev (8-0) - wins over Raisov, Bataev and Kokov (fighting Raisov at ACB 86)
BW: Rustam Kerimov (11-0) - wins over Borisov, Ragimov and Mizugaki
FLW: Askar Askarov (9-0) - wins over José Tomé and Anthony Leone (will sign with UFC after his next fight)

Yes but I would say ACBs HW division is weak. The best HW prospects in Russia IMHO are Minakov (will probably not sign with UFC, because he fell out with Bellator and still under contract with them) and Sergey Pavlovich from Eagles MMA. They are both in Fight Nights.

Yes but I would say ACBs HW division is weak. The best HW prospects in Russia IMHO are Minakov (will probably not sign with UFC, because he fell out with Bellator and still under contract with them) and Sergey Pavlovich from Eagles MMA. They are both in Fight Nights.
Oh yeah, i follow Russian MMA, i'd sign many other guys from other orgs, there i was just focusing on ACB, to the Moscow event i'd like to see UFC try to sign many guys:

M1-G LHW former champ: Viktor Nemkov (25-6) - wins over Vegh, Markes, Puetz, Perak, Antigulov and Edilov
M1-G WW champ: Alexey Kunchenko (18-0) - wins over Romanov and Butenko
M1-G BW champ: Movsar Evloev (9-0) - wins over Morozov and Nevzorov
FNG LW champ: Akhmed Aliev (17-4) - wins over Escudero, Brandao, Galiev, Khachatryan and Alibekov
WFCA WW champ: Abubakar Vagaev (17-2) - win over Ushukov
WFCA LW champ: Khusein Khaliev (18-1) - wins over Zavurov, Tagirov and Lázaro - lost to Enomoto
WFCA FW champ: Salman Zhamaldaev (15-1) - wins over Khasbulaev, Felipe Froes and Kevin Petshi

I'd like to see Pavlovich and Aliakbari as well. Maxim Grishin too, but he's with PFL now so that one won't be possible.
I probably would try Grigory Popov (12-1) and Aliyar Sarkerov (35-5), but these are less likely to be signed.

Oh yeah, i follow Russian MMA, i'd sign many other guys from other orgs, there i was just focusing on ACB, to the Moscow event i'd like to see UFC try to sign many guys:

M1-G LHW former champ: Viktor Nemkov (25-6) - wins over Vegh, Markes, Puetz, Perak, Antigulov and Edilov
M1-G WW champ: Alexey Kunchenko (18-0) - wins over Romanov and Butenko
M1-G BW champ: Movsar Evloev (9-0) - wins over Morozov and Nevzorov
FNG LW champ: Akhmed Aliev (17-4) - wins over Escudero, Brandao, Galiev, Khachatryan and Alibekov
WFCA WW champ: Abubakar Vagaev (17-2) - win over Ushukov
WFCA LW champ: Khusein Khaliev (18-1) - wins over Zavurov, Tagirov and Lázaro - lost to Enomoto
WFCA FW champ: Salman Zhamaldaev (15-1) - wins over Khasbulaev, Felipe Froes and Kevin Petshi

I'd like to see Pavlovich and Aliakbari as well. Maxim Grishin too, but he's with PFL now so that one won't be possible.
I probably would try Grigory Popov (12-1) and Aliyar Sarkerov (35-5), but these are less likely to be signed.

Off topic.. but PFL got a nice format with their 1 000 000 $ Grand Prix... reminds me of pride.

Yes lots of talent, but besides the ability to fight UFC also looks for the winning smile, sharp tongue and marketability.

Many of those guys would be competitive in UFC on the athletic level, but are totally unappealing to UFC casuals from a marketing stand point.

You basically have to be like Zabit, a reincarnated Dagestani version of Bruce Lee to get a shot :D

Off topic.. but PFL got a nice format with their 1 000 000 $ Grand Prix... reminds me of pride.

Yes lots of talent, but besides the ability to fight UFC also looks for the winning smile, sharp tongue and marketability.

Many of those guys would be competitive in UFC on the athletic level, but are totally unappealing to UFC casuals from a marketing stand point.

You basically have to be like Zabit, a reincarnated Dagestani version of Bruce Lee to get a shot :D
Agree about everything said, this season of PFL should be amazing, the talent in some divisions is really awesome, many top guys. The only divisions i can see 2 big favorites are HW and LHW with Goltsov and Yusupov.

He'd murder Artem. Hope both he and Ruslan return in September

That's the thing I know best. Just because I write about thing I know best, it makes me a nationalist? I think you need to check the definition of the word nationalism in a dictionary.
I didn't use the word "nationalist" at all, actually. I think you need to read my post before responding.

I didn't use the word "nationalist" at all, actually. I think you need to read my post before responding.

But you quoted my answer to another guy:

Your response to that was:

How would you interpret that?
So you are responding to me explaining not being a nationalist, with THAT.
I think you were imlying something...Am I wrong?

He'd murder Artem. Hope both he and Ruslan return in September

It would be an entertaining stand up fight. Lobov tries to keep it standing and tries to copy (with some minor success) Conor's unorthodox striking style. Tukhugov is a ruthless banger alá Wanderlei Silva in his prime. Gonna be sparks in this fight.

Nice interview, Zubaira has such a strong Chechen accent :D I sometimes find it hard to understand his accent in his instagram videos.

He is a cool fighter though, I hope he doesn't waste his time fighting Lobov. He deserves someone better. He is 3-1 in UFC. He is 27 and is still quite young in fighting years, so hopefully he looks good upon return.

I hope Roman Kopylov goes into UFC one day.

He is Chechen.

Do you have any comment on the material?

I'm starting to think this is to much text for the average Sherdogger. I promise more pictures less text next time.

don t worry about this bums. I enjoy reads like this. very rare you can find informative threads this days on sherdogs tho

You are doing a great jobs with these threads, there are so many interviews that i have never time to watch and these transcripts make it much easier. Keep them coming <5>

It would be an entertaining stand up fight. Lobov tries to keep it standing and tries to copy (with some minor success) Conor's unorthodox striking style. Tukhugov is a ruthless banger alá Wanderlei Silva in his prime. Gonna be sparks in this fight.

Zubaira is one of the most underrated Russian prospects in UFC, great striker and grappler. The only problem he has is his aggression and nerves. He tends to forget that he is a great boxer and starts to flail around his arms and hope one of them hits. His last two performances were hard to watch because he just wants to brawl and get the fight done as fast as possible. This has cost him before(vs Aliev), hopefully he is more disciplined in his next fight.

Interview with the Chechen UFC fighter and Khabib’s AKA and Eagles MMA team mate Zubaira ”Tiger” Tukhugov.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Zubaira-Tukhugov-63813

They discussed a lot of things in this interview, but I will just highlight and translate the topics that I thought were the most interesting.

ABOUT DISQUALIFICATION AND UPCOMING FIGHT IN UFC IN RUSSIA

- Zubaira tell me please, your disqualification period is soon coming to an end. Do you have any thoughts, are there any offers about fights?

Good day to everyone. Before my flight from NY to Moscow, I spoke to my manager and the UFC. UFC’s matchmaker told me that I’m needed in Moscow, in Russia on the tournament that will take place in September. They’ll try to put me on that card, but it’s unsure if they’ll be able to. If they can’t put me on that card, the next tournament will be in Las Vegas on 7th of October. 99% they’ll put me on that card or the Russia card.

- For the Russian event UFC are obviously going to make an emphasis on Russian fighters. Do you know or maybe heard any rumours about other fighters that are going to be on the card?

To be honest I don’t know who will be headlining or of any fighters that would like to participate.

- There are rumours about Volkov vs Ngannou..

That is very likely that he will be headlining.

- What about your fight. Who would you like to see as your opponent?

It really makes no difference. I have always fought whoever I was given.

- But are you interested if fighting any particular fighters?

Yes, but it’s not really time to discuss that, because first I have to make a comeback and win at least 1-2 fights. Then I can speak up and challenge fighters from top 15 or top 10. But for now I’ll wait and see what fight UFC will offer me and we’ll take it from there.

- Please tell us about your disqualification and how that substance ended p in your body?

It was unexpected. I was absolutely sure that a thing like that could never and will never happen to me. I have told in several interviews that there’s a vitamin called Ecdysterone. I got it from a doctor, but it is sold in Moscow in sports supplement shops. It’s not forbidden, and I have drank it for almost 3 years. But before my flight, when I got caught, I bought the supplement from another person and it was a fake. So it contained other substances then the ones that were on the label. Therefor my blood contained the forbidden substance. And I could not explain it, because there is not way to explain it.

- So you tried to explain this to the medical commission, but they did not believe you?

Yes, I brought them the package and told them that it’s these supplements that I take. They told me that we’ll let you of the hook and clear you if you admit that you took these supplements. But I did not admit, and it turned out like this. So, since I didn’t tell them before that I was taking this supplement, they claimed that I knew what I was taking. Since I couldn’t prove my innocence they suspended me for two years.

(…)

RUSSIAN PROSPECTS AND LEVEL OF FIGHTERS IN UFC

- You fought for the promotion Fight Nights before going to UFC. Which of the Russian promotions would you say is the strongest at the moment.

There is no secret that ACB is the strongest promotion in Russia at the moment. ACB is growing as a promotion as well as level of competition. All fighters want to come to ACB now. We can see that the biggest fighters are signing with ACB, so they are number one at the moment.

- Since we’re taking about ACB, highlight the 3 best fighters in ACB at the moment.

There are many good fighters, but it would be incorrect of me to say any names. But there are many good ones that are about at the same level. But if I have to say then I like Yusuf Raisov (12-1) and Abdul Aziz Abdulvakhabov (15-1).

1427730205Raisov_Yusuf_200x300.jpg
1471035496img.jpg

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Abdul-Aziz-Abdulvakhabov-85495
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Yusuf-Raisov-161785

Not because they are Chechen, it’s because I like how they fight. They always have entertaining fights. There are many fighters like that, but I can’t name them all.

- Could they be leading fighters in the UFC?

Of course, I think they deserve a UFC contract. I think they would be able to handle themselves and get into the top-10. I have no doubts about that. Just because some fighters are in the UFC doesn’t mean that they are super humans, no! It’s the same fighters as Yusuf and Aziz, I don’t see how they would be better. I also performed in Fight Nights first and if I can be competitive there, why couldn’t they be? Of course, they would be.

(…)

KHABIB VS LOBOV CONFLICT, ZUBAIRA CALLING OUT LOBOV

- One of the main questions right now that interests everyone. It’s not a secret for anyone that there was a conflict between Khabib and Artem Lobov in the hotel lobby. (Video of incident) You were there and witnessed the whole situation. There are many myths and rumours about this. Let us get it all straight, tell us what happened there?

I will keep it short. We all know what Artem said in his interviews. It’s simple, first time Khabib met him, he forced Artem to answer for his words. And he couldn’t answer. That’s all. How he couldn’t answer and how it happened, you all saw on the video.

- Zubaira, Artem told me personally after the incident that he wants to fight Khabib 1vs1 outside of the octagon. (Video of interview with Artem) I will say my opinion, I think that you are popular and grown up people who serve as an example to the youth and I think that you should bury this conflict. What do you think, maybe they should look for ways for reconciliation?

Ok so you said your opinion, alright. When they stood face to face and Khabib forced him to answer for his words, when the whole world know what he said, but he denies everything and says that he didn’t say anything. Except for the three words “I didn’t say” he couldn’t say anything to Khabib. So what do you think about him wanting a 1 vs 1 against Khabib. Anybody can say whatever, talk is cheap.

- If UFC gives you a fight with Artem Lobov, will you accept it?

About two years ago, I myself came to UFC and asked for a fight against Lobov in Ireland. They didn’t give it to me. I didn’t really want to go around giving interviews and talk about him, but since you asked I will say my opinion. I strongly await this moment. Not only today, but for a long time. If I am offered this fight, I will accept it with pleasure and fight him.

- Are you prepared to fight him anywhere? If it’s on Artems turf in Ireland…

It doesn’t matter. Fighting is a joy for me. I get a kick out of it. Wherever the fight takes place, I’ll go there and fight him.
Who do you have in that fight?

This could be a nice pre-fight for Khabib vs McGregor. This could also be a start of an entertaining camp feud between Eagles MMA and SBG Ireland.

It would be an entertaining stand up war between two fighters who genuinely dislike each other.

Lobov tries to keep his fights standing and tries to copy (with some minor success) Conor's unorthodox striking style. Tukhugov is a ruthless banger alá Wanderlei Silva in his prime. Gonna be sparks in this fight.

Thanks for taking the time to translate and post all that, bro.
I don't know much about the Russian fighters outside of the UFC, so it's interesting to read about these new guys.
Would love to see this dude and Artem bang.
And lol at Artem saying he wanted to fight Kahbib 1on1 outside the cage. I didn't hear that one before

Also lol at the idiots giving TS shit. Dude took the time to translate an interview for you heathens and you come in here bitching about nationalism ?

Lord Lobov needs to show these Caucausians their place!

Destroying Zubaira is a good start.

Thanks TS, appreciate the work you've done covering these fighters.

Ignore the ungrateful brats, not worth the time.

Back