Rippetoe gives his thoughts on Cain and Junior's S&C and his thoughts on S&C for MMA

i clearly remember that Cain thanked that Joe Grasso guy after his second win against Dos Santos.
that's the only thing i need to know to say that Joe Grasso must be a great strength coach.
i can't remember the last UFC champion that Rippetoe guy trained.

i also saw UFC Tonight a week ago and Cormier said Cain injured his knee rolling with Marcus Almeida Buchecha and it was a freak accident.
i am amazed how magically the internet made this injury caused by leg extensions instead of grappling like every other knee injury that happen to mma fighters.
every single knee injury in mma is caused wrestling/grappling.

http://www.joegrassoelitetraining.com/testimonials.php

This page killed me. He has two testimonials on his website. One from Cain Velasquez and the second from "Female Housewife". Unfortunately the bevy of Olympians, world champion boxers, college and highschool stars couldn't stay around to say nice things about him.

http://www.joegrassoelitetraining.com/joe-bio.php

His bio is hilarious too

Joe's BIO said:
At the tender age of 8, Joe Grasso began his influential immersion into the world of fitness. Lifting up to 10 hours a day, it became apparent that Joe would excel physically in many aspects of life, not to mention positively impact the lives of others.

By his senior year in high school, Joe weighed in at a lean, well built 220 pounds. He possessed the admirable ability to bench the 220-pound stack 54 times, do one- armed incline bicep curls with 150 pound dumbbells, complete the mile run in 5:15, and easily run 20 miles at a 7-minute mile pace.

Come one, come all, watch the incredible boy bench his bodyweight 54 times while also easily running 20 miles.

Joe's BIO said:
In 1989, Joe emerged as the first person in United States to initiate a private, professional training facility, which leveraged into high end personal training. Joe's techniques, which he pioneered as a child, brought incredible results to clients. One of his clients shed 5-7 inches off of his waist in a mere 10 visits, while another acquired 8 pounds of lean muscle in only 3 weeks. Skeptics decried that these results were impossible to obtain, however several clients endorsed the reality of Joe's techniques and word quickly spread.

Fitness experts hate him. He knows one weird trick to just shed belly fat.

On top of that, he is the inventor of motorcycle strength training which sounds awesome. Apparently you need a dedicated strength program to properly ride a motorcycle. How else would someone garner the "[g]reat forearm strength and endurance ... needed to operate the clutch and throttle"?

He's probably legit, but his website reads like a Matt Furey infomercial.

Haha, that fucking bio. What a god damn stud.

This guy.... trains the UFC heavyweight champion...

http://www.joegrassoelitetraining.com/testimonials.php

This page killed me. He has two testimonials on his website. One from Cain Velasquez and the second from "Female Housewife". Unfortunately the bevy of Olympians, world champion boxers, college and highschool stars couldn't stay around to say nice things about him.

http://www.joegrassoelitetraining.com/joe-bio.php

His bio is hilarious too

Come one, come all, watch the incredible boy bench his bodyweight 54 times while also easily running 20 miles.

Fitness experts hate him. He knows one weird trick to just shed belly fat.

On top of that, he is the inventor of motorcycle strength training which sounds awesome. Apparently you need a dedicated strength program to properly ride a motorcycle. How else would someone garner the "[g]reat forearm strength and endurance ... needed to operate the clutch and throttle"?

He's probably legit, but his website reads like a Matt Furey infomercial.

That is bad. That is real bad.

Probably unfair, but his stereotypical guido look cracks me up:

ls.jpg

How did cain injure his knee in the first place? Was it the leg extensions?

Aggravating factors however, are a thing.

I tore my ACL in a car wreck, but wrestling and BJJ probably didn't help.

Joe's BIO said:
Since his initial opening, Joe has personally supervised and/or trained over 350,000 individual hour workout sessions.

:icon_lol:

For reference, that would be training/supervising 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for 40 years straight.

:icon_lol:

For reference, that would be training/supervising 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for 40 years straight.

Well, if he teaches a "class" with 20 people in it for an hour...and counts each of those people as an "individual hour" lol...

This guy.... trains the UFC heavyweight champion...

Yeah it's scary this might be the guy who kills Velazquez' career imagine him having a proper coach.
That's just wow
I love how the website has only 2 testimonials and the second is from a "FEMALE housewife" I've yet to see a male housewife :icon_lol:

From now on, I'm not even going to ask people to let me bang. I'm just going to do it. I'm just gonna bang on em.

Just remember to shout, "Surprise!" first and you'll be fine, bro.:icon_twis

If he can get Cain one-arm INCLINE curling the 150lb dumbbells, I don't see anyone ever being able to stop Cain. That's A-level elite athleticism.

Another interesting point is that I saw a vid somewhere of Daniel Cormier, and he was squatting. Do him and Velasquez have the same S&C coach?

If he can get Cain one-arm INCLINE curling the 150lb dumbbells, I don't see anyone ever being able to stop Cain. That's A-level elite athleticism.

Yup, he would be unstoppable. They would have to send in The Rock to stop him.

Another interesting point is that I saw a vid somewhere of Daniel Cormier, and he was squatting. Do him and Velasquez have the same S&C coach?

Could you post the video if you remember where you seen it. I would like to watch it. I met him at a wrestling tournament a couple years ago and he was an awesome guy.

I think we need a one- armed incline bicep curls with dumbbells competition on this forum.

Back