TUF 20: Episode 12 Tonight at 10pm ET/7pm PT on FOX Sports 1 DISCUSSION

People like to forget that Rose was a Skrapette along with Angela and Becca. Even though she wouldn't explicitly gang up on Heather, she would stand back and laugh instead of standing up to Angela.

That rubbed me the wrong way, but her fighting ability helped me get over that. But, Randa never forgets.... Kind of glad someone called her out on it, even though she couldn't rationally explain her reasoning for feeling the way she felt.

I understand Rose was friendly in the house with the 2 girls who seem to be the villians on the show and that may have rubbed some people the wrong way.

I just don't like how Randa kept interrupting others and talking over them. I know this sounds like an oxymoron but when fighters do an interview together even if they're trash talking each other throughout there needs to be a level of professionalism.

Even Ronda and Miesha were professional enough to let the other speak and get her full thought out during interviews.

Actually, I don't recall any fighter ever interrupting, yelling at, and talking over another the way Randa does. However, that just may be my poor memory.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Randa well enough on the show and enjoy watching her fight. I just don't like her professionalism or lack thereof when being interviewed by Karyn.

She said Rose was with the bullies and joining them in laughing at others. I can empathize with Randa not wanting shit to do with them. It was lame of Rose & Carla acting like they weren't bullies.

Yeah, I get it. Honestly I can't really judge her because I actually relate to her in that regard. If I had to deal with living with people like that non-stop for six weeks then I'd be spiteful as shit, too.

it-s-still-real-to-me-damnit-o.gif
Haha well thought out rebuttal homie. I keep up to date with wrestling. But you hating a guy for taking a chance like this is sad.

Well with a bit of light shed on the subject, I can see why Randa was so volatile. She could be a bit more civil though; she should know that her feelings of anger are completely justified

But Punk versus anyone pumps a PPV from 200k to over 500k easily. Literally easily.

He is generating talk and only time will tell but I highly doubt Punk vs a scrub gets an extra 300+K buys; its fun to talk about and to poke fun at, which in turn gets people focused on the UFC but I doubt the impact on the PPV he will be on will see that huge of a boost.

I don't think Batista's PPV even sold 10K people, wasn't as big as punk but it was talked about a lot prior to the event so it wasn't as if people didn't know that was happening. Bobby Lashley is a big ratings grab, but that is on free TV.

Punk should be an analyst/commentator for UFC. I keep saying it because that's the best way to use him. He's a great speaker and he obviously has knowledge of the sport and can gain more of it. I'm hoping win, lose or draw in his fight that that is ultimately what they end up using him for.

Randa kind of got resting bitch face. I have it too. My friends tell me they always used to think I was pissed off.

I have the opposite apparently. Whenever I don't have a smile on my face people at my job think there is something wrong with me.

Randa kind of got resting bitch face. I have it too. My friends tell me they always used to think I was pissed off.

I know those faces so I feel you.

I'm just glad I don't have one of those. I got in my share of fights growing up because of my big mouth. That was fine because I didn't mind fighting as a kid but with that face someone might have decided to just shoot me in it and get it over with.

:icon_lol:

Love Randa's conviction.

Can't stand Bec's personality.

Want Rose to rip Carla's limbs off.

We need Randa the savior of the bullied to win that belt.

I just would be very satisfied if Randa faced each bully and messed them up like:

Ryan Schultz vs Chris Horodecki 2
Frank Mir vs Big Nog 2
Jon Jones vs Lyoto Machida
GSP vs Fitch
Jon Jones vs Shogun
Lyoto Machida vs Rashad Evans

She already took down Felice via a very nice unusual armbar, so that's a nice start.

He is generating talk and only time will tell but I highly doubt Punk vs a scrub gets an extra 300+K buys; its fun to talk about and to poke fun at, which in turn gets people focused on the UFC but I doubt the impact on the PPV he will be on will see that huge of a boost.

I don't think Batista's PPV even sold 10K people, wasn't as big as punk but it was talked about a lot prior to the event so it wasn't as if people didn't know that was happening. Bobby Lashley is a big ratings grab, but that is on free TV.
Batista wasn't fighting in UFC and Lashley was never even a big deal in wrestling.

People that don't watch wrestling don't realize how big of a following Punk has. Every week a year after he left 15,000 people chant his name when he's not even in WWE anymore.

He is a bigger name then pretty much every UFC fighter and a guy media loves to interview. If he sucks? His luster is gone.

But until then he's going to draw a lot. Just watch.

Man i like Randas crazy ass. I think in her head its like "if your not part of the solution your part of the problem. I honestly think in a street fight Randa would go ape shit on these girls. When u watch during the season when the girls were messing with her, you could almost see Randa just fuming tryin to suppress the crazy killer in herself. Ill take her on my team anyday. Ohh yeah and rose is a badass in the cage. The only way carla beats her if she makes it the most boring lay and pray ever and literally just buries her face in rose chest for the whole fight.

Batista wasn't fighting in Bellator and Lashley was never even a big deal in wrestling.

People that don't watch wrestling don't realize how big of a following Punk has. Every week a year after he left 15,000 people chant his name when he's not even in WWE anymore.

He is a bigger name then pretty much every UFC fighter and a guy media loves to interview. If he sucks? His luster is gone.

But until then he's going to draw a lot. Just watch.

Yea, i'm not a big enough follower to get a proper feel for the fanbase and how strong it will be. I will say from the FS1 interview, he is coming across as a bit too humble (although he should be) to maximize his sales.

He is aware that failure seems very possible, and he is trying to lower the expectations; for 99% of fighters thats not how you sell a fight, but yea if the fans love him perhaps he doesn't really have to sell anything.

I wake up half an hour ago, so I didn't see anything, but I'm curious, could someone, please, explain:
Randa basically just went off and said she didn't like Rose, called her a bully, and said if she couldn't be bothered to say a word to her in the house then why does she suddenly care or worry about her now. Never really gave an example how Rose was a bully, but she seemed incredibly agitated that Rose wanted to talk to her.
Were they all together at TufTalk?
What did Rose say, that looked as she (suddenly?) cared, worried?

Why is somebody mentioning Randa crying over the phone, I was pretty sure she was in the studio? I don't get it.

No fight will be main eventing a PPV any time soon. But Randa with her mouth and attitude versus Rose or Carla could be the biggest fight to make after this show.
yeah, but (again, did not see the fight) didn't Rose finish her pretty easily (but my idea is based simply from the result: "R1 Sub")?

I was a big fan of Rose before the show started.
Then I came to appreciate Randa e JoJo (did already know and like Carlderwood though), and was rooting for them also, mostly, because of an age thing.
Rose is just 22, she would have had plenty of time anyway, but if she is winning convincingly now, I doubt Randa, JoJo, and the likes of, have huge chances of getting touching that gold, or beating/being very competitive with her regardless.

So that makes me a bit sorry, especially for Randa that I like a lot, plus, no matter how much appreciate Rose skills, it's a bit boring when a champion dominates so much, so easily.*
I personally find the women bantamweight's class very boring, because of that.

*and if it would turn up that only two who can compete with her are Esparza and Galdelha, it wouldn't cheer me up at all

Last edited:
What a disappointing night. I can t stand Rose or Carla, and to top it off Rose beat my favourite fighter on the show. I however, ever the optimist, knows at least one of them will leave the cage beaten broken, and disappointed on Friday night. The only solace I have of evils' baffling triumph over good on this cold windy night.

Haha well thought out rebuttal homie. I keep up to date with wrestling. But you hating a guy for taking a chance like this is sad.

I'm not hating on anything. He seems like a legit nice/cool guy and he has huge nuts to take this on. I'm just being realistic. His interviews have been meek and his chances of success are nil. HE may be a big name but folks are not going to pay $60 to see him fight Elliot Seymour.

Love Randa's conviction.

Can't stand Bec's personality.

Want Rose to rip Carla's limbs off.

Bec went full victim in her own right in that segment trying to conjure sympathy. Told us a lot of fans turned on her due to editing that revealed very little of the real situation. Tried to turn the tables on HJC "I'm the villain but she's laughing in my face." As though HJC, after being treated like shit for six weeks, is under some obligation to sit and listen to bullshit be spewed about the experience and maintain a straight face.

By the end of the segment Bec kind of clammed up and seemed flustered to me. I think the backlash from those watching the show is probably taking it's toll on her ultimately. Magana seems to have fed off the shit and created some pro wrestling heel persona to continue to get attention. But I think Bec is probably thinking that the way she acted on the show came back to bite her.

Why is somebody mentioning Randa crying over the phone, I was pretty sure she was in the studio? I don't get it.

I missed out on the rest of the TUF Talk because it was awkward as shit, but Randa was emotional right before her fight because her sister called. Randa told her sister about all that she endured in the house and was just generally happy to hear from her sister.

Bec went full victim in her own right in that segment trying to conjure sympathy. Told us a lot of fans turned on her due to editing that revealed very little of the real situation. Tried to turn the tables on HJC "I'm the villain but she's laughing in my face." As though HJC, after being treated like shit for six weeks, is under some obligation to sit and listen to bullshit be spewed about the experience and maintain a straight face.

By the end of the segment Bec kind of clammed up and seemed flustered to me. I think the backlash from those watching the show is probably taking it's toll on her ultimately. Magana seems to have fed off the shit and created some pro wrestling heel persona to continue to get attention. But I think Bec is probably thinking that the way she acted on the show came back to bite her.

Bec is clearly not equipped to handle the backlash. It's a shame she behaved so reprehensibly on the show because she used to be so well-liked. She looked genuinely upset tonight but she really brought it all upon herself. She and Carla would both benefit from owning up to their actions instead of blaming editing.

Magana might actually be insane.

Back