2015 NFL Draft Discussion, v1

Still a good chance Mariota and Winston go 1 and 2. I think Tennessee should stick with Mett and grab Williams, but their GM may feel differently.

They shouldn't. I thought Mett was a pretty good prospect coming out of college (I had him behind Bridgewater and Bortles) but got bumped down for injuries and off the field stuff. I thought he did alright considering the rest of the team was a dumpster fire.

They should be shopping that pick as much as they can to NYJ and STL. They could use more picks as they have a lot of holes.

You think somebody might trade up to 2, 3, or 4 to grab Winston?

If I had to guess I'd say no. Between all of the off the field issues, the baseball stuff, I really have no clue where he's going to go. He says he's playing baseball next year. NFL teams aren't going to like that.

Winston is not impressive and will be Jawalrus 2.0

He was actually pretty good yesterday. Better than Mariota imo.

Those FSU WRs are awful.

He was actually pretty good yesterday. Better than Mariota imo.

Those FSU WRs are awful.

Its not just yesterday. Kids head is elsewhere, imo.

Their O-line isn't too good either.

B6TmeoXCMAAefCe.jpg:large

Hundley gets the same excuses then right?

Last night was the first time I've really watched a lot of Mariota, and I don't see many trait and skills that project well to the NFL. He doesn't really throw the ball that well, mechanics are meh, definitely hasn't developed any pocket skills, poor field vision... he kinda looks like a less athletic version of Kaep to me, or a poor man's Russel. He's Wilson without that annoying sixth sense or ability to scan the field, and to a lesser degree he's Kaep without the cannon or gazelle stride.

I'll take Sean Mannion, and I only know his name because he's from Pleasanton.

Mariotas skillset is why I dont think that many tems will be looking for him. Hes not someone you just plug into any offense.

T.J. "Hands of Stone" Clemmings looking good.

Anyone see my Atlanta Falcon hopeful Maxx Williams hurdle that defender in the Citrus Bowl? Dude is a monster. Stands out in a draft weak in the TE department so it's a long shot for me to think he lasts til the second.

Anyone see my Atlanta Falcon hopeful Maxx Williams hurdle that defender in the Citrus Bowl? Dude is a monster. Stands out in a draft weak in the TE department so it's a long shot for me to think he lasts til the second.

Yeah he looks like a good prospect and easily the best one of this class. I don't think he goes to Atlanta unless they do a trade back. There are some good DE/OLB prospects there that would make more sense.

I think earliest he goes is 19 to Cleveland (assuming they don't resign Cameron).

Yeah, Atlanta is going to be picking D this year

Id take Hundley over Winston.

Gross...

From a talent stand up Winston is by far the best QB available. Now, can he stay out of trouble and is he coachable? That is the real concern.

Back