2015 NFL Draft Discussion, v1

was watching some video of a scout break down hundley strengths and weakness last night and he was saying hundley accuracy is not bad, it shows flashes. he said his problem is anticipation and holding the ball too long and not hitting guys before they come out of their rout instead he waits til they get open so it often allows defense to catch up and thus we dont see a lot of precision passes in tight spots. He needs to work on trusting his recievers to be in the right spot and not hold it so long. I think having nfl wr's will help that.

As for last night, he didnt throw much becuase the bruins ran 40 times for 330 yds and had a big lead early.

Bingo. His second half attemps were non existent.

Plus he accounted for 90 of those rushing yards.

Rewatched Minnesota/Missouri to get a better look at Shane Ray. They did a good job at making him pretty ineffective. It seems to me he relies to much on his speed and raw athleticism to beat guys around the edge. Whenever he got double teamed he had no answer and looked down right lost at times against the run. I could see his draft stock hurting a little bit since he's a little undersized and lacks pass rushing moves. What do you guys think?

12/24 for 136 yards. Gross.

12/24 for 136 yards. Gross.

at least try to be subjective and not show clear bias. I know i certainly show bias from time to time but this page i brought up legit stats. Did you watch the game? Do you realize his stats were almost entirely from the first half before they went into time management mode(which almost cost them)? Does 3 total td's and zero turnovers while leading your team to victory mean nothing? Should he have audibled out of the 40 run plays so he could pad his passing stats?

its funny that jameis gets so many passes from you that hundley does not. their ypa attempt this season were close, both just over 8 which means that passing % means more then you think because it wasnt just winston throwing bombs while hundley threw dink passes. Jameis had 13 more interceptions and just 3 more td's this seasons. the qbr ratings arent close. And that all before we even get into the rushing stats where hundley wins by a landslide. I mean winston is out there slipping on invisible banana peals while hundely is blowing by guys and getting 90's yds and 2 td's.

USC WR Nelson Agholor has declared.

Along with Maryland WR, and former 5-star recruit, Stefon Diggs.

USC WR Nelson Agholor has declared.

See him going in the mid rounds. Not a deep threat, but can make plays with the ball in his hands.

This opens up next year for George Farmer out of USC. No excuses anymore.

See him going in the mid rounds. Not a deep threat, but can make plays with the ball in his hands.

This opens up next year for George Farmer out of USC. No excuses anymore.

Agreed. I think Agholor can be a good #3 in the NFL.

Regardless of all the Mariota hate, he's going #1 overall.

I guarantee you are wrong.
He is number 1 in mock drafts right now because he is an amazing college quarterback, in the news for the Heisman, gunning for a national title with really pretty statistics. All the hype is from people not watching games but just looking at his amazing touchdown to interception ratio.
The problem is going to be everyone ripping his game film apart for 4 months after the super bowl out of boredom and he will have no place to go but down on the board.

As good as he is , he is still a project that has to translate his game and translating your game is almost an impossible task.

When it is all said and done Winston would have been #1 last year and will be this year as long as he doesn't get his name in press for something stupid between now and the draft. Everyday he does not do something stupid his character flaws are more in the rear view window. It is going to be a hold your nose and turn in the card with the most NFL ready QB because that is the most value and doing something else is strategically flawed.

The only way this doesn't happen is by a freakish combine performance by someone at another position who ends up jumping both of them.

Last edited:
at least try to be subjective and not show clear bias. I know i certainly show bias from time to time but this page i brought up legit stats. Did you watch the game? Do you realize his stats were almost entirely from the first half before they went into time management mode(which almost cost them)? Does 3 total td's and zero turnovers while leading your team to victory mean nothing? Should he have audibled out of the 40 run plays so he could pad his passing stats?

its funny that jameis gets so many passes from you that hundley does not. their ypa attempt this season were close, both just over 8 which means that passing % means more then you think because it wasnt just winston throwing bombs while hundley threw dink passes. Jameis had 13 more interceptions and just 3 more td's this seasons. the qbr ratings arent close. And that all before we even get into the rushing stats where hundley wins by a landslide. I mean winston is out there slipping on invisible banana peals while hundely is blowing by guys and getting 90's yds and 2 td's.

He didnt watch the game and is likely just trying to get a rise. No one that saw the game has something bad to say about that performance. He stepped up and made NFL throws last night with zero costly mistakes.

He didnt watch the game and is likely just trying to get a rise. No one that saw the game has something bad to say about that performance. He stepped up and made NFL throws last night with zero costly mistakes.

I didn't see many NFL throws... I saw him miss most of his NFL type throws. A lot of his success predicates off of their scheme the same way Mariota does. A lot of short passes, read option & screens. Winston threw to bums this year, absolute garbage can WRs. Winston over throws guys because he tends to throw off his back foot, but he makes way, way, way more big time NFL throws than Mariota & Hundley combined.

Hundley was skipping his deep out throws... And missing his back shoulder throws. That is what I saw, same with the announcers, who mentioned it few times themselves.

Hundley is a 2-3 round developmental type QB. Plus hes not a guy you could plug and play, he is a system specific player. Winston could start day one for any franchise. If he wasn't such a dipshit he'd be the overwhelming #1 pick.

My biggest issue with Hundley is his pocket presence and his ability to quickly diagnose things. Tends to just dip his head and run when there's pressure. Looks a little robotic at times. Not a natural QB yet. Like Loiseau said, a developmental type.

I didn't see many NFL throws... I saw him miss most of his NFL type throws. A lot of his success predicates off of their scheme the same way Mariota does. A lot of short passes, read option & screens. Winston threw to bums this year, absolute garbage can WRs. Winston over throws guys because he tends to throw off his back foot, but he makes way, way, way more big time NFL throws than Mariota & Hundley combined.

Hundley was skipping his deep out throws... And missing his back shoulder throws. That is what I saw, same with the announcers, who mentioned it few times themselves.

Hundley is a 2-3 round developmental type QB. Plus hes not a guy you could plug and play, he is a system specific player. Winston could start day one for any franchise. If he wasn't such a dipshit he'd be the overwhelming #1 pick.

His completions were deep outs and slants lol. What did you watch?

Again, you make excuses for Winston but dont give the same to Hundley. Why is that?

My biggest issue with Hundley is his pocket presence and his ability to quickly diagnose things. Tends to just dip his head and run when there's pressure. Looks a little robotic at times. Not a natural QB yet. Like Loiseau said, a developmental type.

Should have watched last night because there were multiple times he stood up in a collapsed pocket and made the completion.

Curious to where Preston Smith could fall.

Looks a lot more like your 3-4 end, has good power and is able to get off blocks, you have to question his motor at times.

His completions were deep outs and slants lol. What did you watch?

Again, you make excuses for Winston but dont give the same to Hundley. Why is that?

I watched him miss all those throws. Not sure what you watched.

Along with TJ Clemmings, I think I have a new 2015 draft crush.

UCLA Edge Rusher, Owamagbe Odighizuwa.

This kid is a god damn savage.

Owamagbe+Odighizuwa+UCLA+v+Washington+_R8eAwx9lnvl.jpg

And there are rumblings Winston is going to stay. We'll see. Quite frankly I'm tired of talking about these QBs. I'll be focusing on OL/DL/WR these next couple weeks.

Back