UFC 182: Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier PBP (Discussion)

Wrong. DC boasted about his wrestling and talked about how world class is it and how he will dominate and beat Jones with it.

Then he got outclassed.

He lost a pretty close fight to the #1 P4P fighter in the world by a unanimous decision and was throwing up until (and after...) the final bell. Hardly outclassed. Clearly beaten, I'll grant you. But not outclassed.

DC gassed, that's why he lost.
This...and I don't know about "gassed" is the right term if it's past the fourth round in a championship fight.

I don't think I could say that DC fought one dimensionally. I thought he mixed it up pretty well with strikes (both punches and kicks), clinch work, knees, and takedown "attempts".

It was a clear cut decision. But it was pretty competitive. DC should've abandoned the wrestling and focused on boxing on the inside.

The question is does this open the door for Jon's older brother to enter the heavyweight ranks. Jon said his older brother could beat Cain? He even said he could make the weight cut to get down to 265. His brother Arthur Jones retired from the NFL. He is 28 years of age and has been training with Jon at Jackson's apparently? Serious question because his brother was a nationally ranked wrestler I believe?

I want Jon at heavy weight, not his brother :p

The reason great champions like Fedor, GSP, and Anderson Silva are so loved is because they have class. Jones may be a great fighter, but that's all he will be. Few will respect him when his career is over because of his immaturity and lack of character outside of the cage.

I love Anderson, but he didn't always show class. Anderson humiliated many of his opponents. Fedor was super classy, partly because he didn't say much. GSP was classy most of the time as well.

The question is does this open the door for Jon's older brother to enter the heavyweight ranks. Jon said his older brother could beat Cain? He even said he could make the weight cut to get down to 265. His brother Arthur Jones retired from the NFL. He is 28 years of age and has been training with Jon at Jackson's apparently? Serious question because his brother was a nationally ranked wrestler I believe?

His brother just signed a 5 year 30mil deal with the colts. Don't know what youre talking about

Perhaps it was because I wasn't emotionally invested in this fight, but at least to me it was a clear 49-46.

Jones was clearly the better fighter, but the fight was still pretty close

Man, Jones promised to beat DC at his own game and followed through.

Absolutely. Jones won this fight fair and square. He took DC down several times, when DC said that Jones will have a hard time taking him down. Jones is the LHW GOAT. Suck it haters.

The reason great champions like Fedor, GSP, and Anderson Silva are so loved is because they have class. Jones may be a great fighter, but that's all he will be. Few will respect him when his career is over because of his immaturity and lack of character outside of the cage.
Tyson was loved, and your theory is complete shit.

DC got 2nd round and a generous man would give him the fifth as well. I hate it. I really wanted DC to win. Now let's hope Gus beats Rumble and then does what he did the last time with Jones without eating spinning shit.

That big reach advantage was too much for DC [/understatement]

... Maybe it's as you say, they don't like his personality :rolleyes: which is an aspect of him that one doesn't need to separate if they don't want to. Great strategist. Good fighter. Smug, dickish personality.

Maybe, but you don't really hear about it in other sports. Or maybe I'm just different. If a dude is a good fighter, I'm a fan. If a dude isn't a good fighter, I'm not a fan. I'm not trying to date Jon Jones, I just want to see him smash faces.

Well done Jones, well done. I will be rooting against you always, but well done.

I share the same sentiment. Jones is one of the all-time MMA greats, but if he continues to act the way he does I'll continue to cheer against him.

I hate when people try to analyze body language and whatnot, but if you'll indulge me, DC looked devastated in the corner after Jones got those two big takedowns in the 4th.

One coach was screaming to go for the takedown, the other for the KO punches. In back to back sentences.

Cormier was finding Jones on the feet. Ultimately he gassed and Jones was the better athlete.

I kind of agree, but will point out there are exceptions.
MIKE TYSON

There will be no rematch. DC will get the most out of his TV job and just quit the MMA world. There's nothing left for him, he's not getting a title shot unless he racks up multiple wins at LHW and he's just too old to do that.

Goddbye DC, it was good having you around for awhile.

Goodbye and good riddance.
The guy is the most arrogant contender I've seen.

He wrote an entire alternate reality where he wins and gives an immediate rematch to Jones yadda yadda. Bullshit.

I want Jon at heavy weight, not his brother :p

Agreed but I believe his brother is seriously considering entering MMA and that would keep his brother out of heavyweight.
Photo of Jon and Arthur together at weight-ins.

chandler-jones-arthur-jones-jon-jones-ufc-172.jpg

Back