CM Punk Fights His First MMA Scrimmage Bout Against Undefeated Contender

HankAzarza

Orange Belt
Reaction score
@CMPunk #MMA fight scrimmage with Pro 4-0 Welterweight @craigeckelberg yesterday at @roufusport Punk has some things to work on but he showed a lot of #Potential @ufc @danawhiteufc #UFC photo credit to @duchessofroufus

B_L9r13W8AEWlRV.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am anxiously waiting for the announcement of his opponent. I think it's gonna be Leben lol.

And i feel like roufus sport is the wrong place to start out. He teaches some very advanced stuff.

@CMPunk #MMA fight scrimmage with Pro 4-0 Welterweight @craigeckelberg yesterday at @roufusport Punk has some things to work on but he showed a lot of #Potential @ufc @danawhiteufc #UFC photo credit to @duchessofroufus

10979533_815340631886507_724288955_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That drug free shirt would go over hilariously well if they matched him up with Nick Diaz.

Can't wait to finally see Punk on PPV .. Sink or swim, it's going to be interesting

contender is a strong word for 4-0 guy... but great to see that Punk is progressing. I kinda like when the UFC just fully embraces freakshow fights like the Toney one.

His stance looks a little funny to me but he looks focused so thats good .....i think he's gonna surprise alot of people since when is the word potential a bad thing?

No doubt he sucks, hes been training for like 2 months

I hope that he does well..i see no reason to hate on the guy for trying something new.

I am anxiously waiting for the announcement of his opponent. I think it's gonna be Leben lol.

And i feel like roufus sport is the wrong place to start out. He teaches some very advanced stuff.
Never thought of leben. Give leben about a weeks notice.

His stance looks a little funny to me but he looks focused so thats good .....i think he's gonna surprise alot of people since when is the word potential a bad thing?

When your 36 with a broken down body, limited martial arts training, and no pro fights.

No doubt he sucks, hes been training for like 2 months

He's been training BJJ and MT for a while allegedly (but not full time until recently).

Still, he's obviously been in great shape for years, so that's one area he won't need to focus on as much as most people just starting MMA.

I know haters love to hate, but here's a guy that's pursuing what he loves. He gets a lot of shit for it considering his pro wrestling background and his age, but personally I think it's pretty cool. I'm a pro wrestling fan at all and don't know anything about him, but I can say that I'm interested in his debut because of the fact that it is an interesting story.

Lol. You mean "Phil Brooks finally participates in a live sparring session like any other ordinary MMA fighter. What an accomplishment."

When your 36 with a broken down body, limited martial arts training, and no pro fights.

who is also financially stable enough to pursue his dreams, has a built in fanbase. a beautiful wife, and the courage to get in the cage.

god his life must suck.

Back