Gym Idiots V12

Saw a guy wearing a weight belt in line at the bank today. Wtf?

Just in case he needed to deadlift or squat off any bank robbers. Need to be prepared for that shits.

Theres a bloke training in my gym who's entire workout is a complete waste of time, in fact I'm convinced he's in there to simply take up space and use up the oxygen.

He'll walk in, stand right where I'm doing my curls, slaps a 15kg barbell on his back and does what can only be described as a glorified knee bend every 10 seconds whilst staring at the tv. So annoying

Just in case he needed to deadlift or squat off any bank robbers. Need to be prepared for that shits.

I was thinking more along the lines of lifting those heavy stacks he brings into the bank to deposit.

I saw a guy doing RDLs in the smith machine today with mixed grip, bent elbows, and a round back. I didn't believe it was possible to get that many things wrong with one lift.

Wanna give a shout out to a rare non idiot. Personal trainer at my Xperience fitness (about as commercial as commercial gets short of planet fitness) with tribal tattoos has two middle aged women, and he is showing them proper form for Deadlifts with the bare bar up on the cardio step spacer things for height, and has them down in 5 reps. Again, with form better than most of the bros by their 3rd set.

^ There's this really fat girl at my gym lately. I mean Orca fat. I took a peak at her journal to see what her program was like (it was lying open on the floor), then watched her next set of perfect form deficit deadlifts. Apparently' she's down 30lbs since starting. Kudos to her.

As for idiots, some guy today tried to do russian tick tocks (windshield wipers) after i did, and fell and landed on the floor. I'm not sure he realized how much core and lat strength this move takes. Luckily it wasn't a long fall.

Missed my workout earlier today so decided to hit the gym at 3am. Doing my usual lifts when a guy comes in wearing Timberland boots, matching orange denim pants and jacket and a black leather hat. He walks right over to a Smith machine, loads up like 35 pounds and less-than-quarter reps about 30 incline press.

He got up, left the weights on, grabbed a Gatorade out of the cooler and just left.

It was very bizarre.

Trainer with a chubby guy, obviously his first time in the gym. All empty bar stuff, which is fine. It was the exercise selection. He had him doing seated military presses, alternating front and behind the neck, and then over to the smith machine for upright rows. Guy gets paid for that advice.

Missed my workout earlier today so decided to hit the gym at 3am. Doing my usual lifts when a guy comes in wearing Timberland boots, matching orange denim pants and jacket and a black leather hat. He walks right over to a Smith machine, loads up like 35 pounds and less-than-quarter reps about 30 incline press.

He got up, left the weights on, grabbed a Gatorade out of the cooler and just left.

It was very bizarre.

Passing construction worker: Hey, can I get one of those Gatorades? I've been hanging drywall all day and could use a refreshment.

Front desk employee: I'm sorry sir, those are courtesy Gatorades for people who have worked out at our facility.

Construction worker: Can I get a free trial workout?

Front desk employee: Sure! Come on in, look around, try a lift or two, and let us know if you'd like to apply for full membership.

Construction worker: *quarter reps incline* *grabs Gatorade*

yup. fella is wasted in a building site

Sometimes a legally creative past can inhibit ones ability to get better things started. Especially if you need ready cash because you have dependents.

Sometimes a legally creative past can inhibit ones ability to get better things started. Especially if you need ready cash because you have dependents.

That is some colorful phrasing, I like it :p Incidentally my old man worked in construction for decades, carrying plasterboards up ladders 8 hours a day. He has bigger calves than anyone I have seen in the gym by a long shot.

Not exactly the gym, but I work with a bunch of guys that think, if they walk faster than you, they are faster and in better shape than you. They get really competitive about it.

Warming up for my squats and a gym regular comes to me and says "Man,you do nothing but squats,why aren't you doing some isolation stuff,try to get leaner""

I said that am lifting weights for strength not for looks...he shakes his head and proceeds to work the cable chest fly exercise with 40 pounds on each side.

I usually read about stuff like this and it's funny but being said to me was just hilarious.

Why are 170 pounds guys so obsessed with having a pump while vehemently starring themselves in the mirror is beside me.

I'm the idiot again
Pin presses
Respond to text
Lay back on bench
Slam head on bar

Warming up for my squats and a gym regular comes to me and says "Man,you do nothing but squats,why aren't you doing some isolation stuff,try to get leaner""

I said that am lifting weights for strength not for looks...he shakes his head and proceeds to work the cable chest fly exercise with 40 pounds on each side.

People think body building splits = strength. Yesterday I was squatting next to someone who was doing 75lb Yates rows with his trainer. Something like 3 x 8's. His trainer goes "see, these were really hard 5 or 6 months ago". I couldn't believe that a trainer was justifying his worth by getting a guy to do 75lb rows in 5 months.

Not really idiots, but...

- Guy was doing hang cleans, then I guess he decided to try a jerk? Or he missed big time on the hang clean, but anyway, not using bumper plates, a loud slam on the ground.

- Woman on one of those bosu ball things, with the plastic platform, doing body weight squats, all fine, but then another woman hands her like a ten pound dumbbell, and I guess the weight imbalance sent her flying off the ball, and she kind of shotputted the dumbbell across the floor, but it did not come close to hitting anyone.

People think body building splits = strength.

There are lots of very strong bodybuilders. And being lean is preferable to being fat (or fat looking).

I squat and dl and press and bench... because I enjoy the challenge and i like how little time it takes. I realize this is s&c but honestly you guys are so extremist sometimes, spouting the same old crap.. 'i lift for strength, not for looks.' I lift for both.

People think body building splits = strength. Yesterday I was squatting next to someone who was doing 75lb Yates rows with his trainer. Something like 3 x 8's. His trainer goes "see, these were really hard 5 or 6 months ago". I couldn't believe that a trainer was justifying his worth by getting a guy to do 75lb rows in 5 months.

yeah someone should be asking for a refund

Back