30 years old: limit?

frango

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
In july 2015 ill be 30 years old.
I lift 2 to 3 times a week, strenght training waved periodization.
i do 10 hours a week of krav maga classes.
i want to add one day of sprinting to my routine-maybe 20 or 30 minutes.
i also want to add two hours of judo classes a week.

i take whey, creatine, bcaas. I tend to eat right, one cheating day per week.
Sleeping and resting is not a problem.

Will i be sucessful in my journey? Am i getting old?
Anyone with similar routine and age?

thanks.

holy shit. I'm pretty close in age. But,

I don' do any of those stuff nor do I eat like that. Wow

Good for you.

War Frango!

30 isn't old when it comes to physical activity - while some qualities will have started declining, if you've been training consistently it shouldn't be too significant. Other qualities, like strength and work capacity could be higher than ever. Thirty just means you have to train smarter than you did five or ten years ago.

I think the biggest issue is going to be avoiding acute or overuse injuries with that much Krav Maga and Judo. Since you can't really modify those sports or their training in that regard, dedicating some of your strength training to injury prevention would make sense. Which will require some research, but be well worth it.

30?! man you're past it bro. we might as well take you out back put a bullet through your neck like a declining race horse.

Im 5 years older than you and train about that much. My recovery isnt what it was 10 years ago but my muay thai and boxing is better than ever.

The only supliments I use are Whey and fish oil.

I'll be 30 in October. I currently do about 6-8 hours of strength training a week on top of 3-5 hours of cardio. It isn't quite as much as you're doing, but it's still a decent workload.

I also eat healthy, take fish oil, and BCAAs. I recently cut out alcohol on the weekends because that was probably my biggest hindrance at this age.

Not sure why you think 30 is old. Most fighters are in their prime in their late 20s/early 30s. I don't feel remotely old at all. You should be fine with your routine; just listen to your body.

Randy Couture, George Foreman, Bernard Hopkins. (Stallone in Rocky 6... J/K)

WORLD Champs in their mid-forties. Nuff Said.

You're only as old as the woman you're sleeping with.

Be really careful what you do with that information.

I'm with Tosa on this one. 30 isn't old, and for most people you're really in your peak (if you've been training for years). Just be mindful of injuries, how your body is recovering and train smart don't be a retard.

I'm 35 and getting faster, stronger and more skilled every year. I'm actually able to chill in my kickboxing sparring more as time goes on as I get wiser. Basically my experience is shits getting easier as time goes on. I think I'll peak at 40 at this rate but I'll still be getting stronger and getting better at strategic use of resources.

Do yourself a favor and just quit now if you need a bunch of strangers to tell you whether or not you can do something.

That being said I get what you're feeling too so no you're not too old.

39 years old:

zydrunas-wsm14-trophy_lg.jpg

On average, 30 is still close to the high plateau for natural testosterone levels in men, so for weight training, potential for muscle gain etc you are still in your prime. By 30 you are at the end of that plateau for being able to gain appreciable new speed, flexibility, and resilience, but muscle/strength gains still come easy.

When you get to be around 37-38, that's when things will really start to change noticeably for most people. You won't lose strength or muscle if you are still active, but muscle is a lot harder to gain, fat is a lot easier to come by, and recovery becomes a limited resource. If you are just getting started at that age, it's going to be a steep uphill road (but a road that can be successfully traveled nonetheless). But if you are already active by the time you get there, have some muscle, and have some flexibility and skill base development, you aren't going to start losing it then, either.

Speaking as an unenhanced 40-year-old who is still making strength gains.

I'll be 30 in October. I currently do about 6-8 hours of strength training a week on top of 3-5 hours of cardio. It isn't quite as much as you're doing, but it's still a decent workload.

I also eat healthy, take fish oil, and BCAAs. I recently cut out alcohol on the weekends because that was probably my biggest hindrance at this age.

Not sure why you think 30 is old. Most fighters are in their prime in their late 20s/early 30s. I don't feel remotely old at all. You should be fine with your routine; just listen to your body.

Randy Couture, George Foreman, Bernard Hopkins. (Stallone in Rocky 6... J/K)

WORLD Champs in their mid-forties. Nuff Said.
Despite science is good to tell my mind I am not getting old, I look better than many 23 years old kids who started smoking at 13 ...

there are 40 year olds recking shop in open powerlifting competitions..there that 60 year old who deadlifts 600 squats 600 and competes in mma..etc etc...

Back