• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Jason Thacker Gofund me page.

Classic problem of trust. He needs the jouranlist to confirm the gofundme is legit and will reach Jason. It's not enough for him to claim the journalist did so.

Yeah, completely agree, like I said, the guy in that message wrote to chuck informing him of the page, Chuck then followed him on twitter, just got to wait I suppose and see.

Damn, some dude kicked down $300. I'd say Thacker at least owes him a handy.

Whoever is in charge of this gofund me should provide evidence the money is going to reach Jason asap.

Get the journalist that wrote the article to vouch for it.

Yep I decided to hold off until then. I seen a few other people say that what if he doesn't want the handout in that case we would not get our money back.

I do think this is legit though but Jason still needs to be contacted somehow if that is even possible to get his contact details and having the writer of the article in on it will greatly help the legitimacy as he would follow up with Jason to make sure he received the funds.

Also why the hell 1000 dollars for the goal??? It should be more like 10,000 for the goal.

Also why the hell 1000 dollars for the goal??? It should be more like 10,000 for the goal.

You can go over the goal. I don't know how gofundme works but some of these sites refund the money if the goal isn't reached to prevent people from taking the money but not fulfilling the terms of the fundraiser.

Some guy set up an account yet doesn't even know Jason Thacker, let alone ask Jason if he would accept this money?

Yeah, no thanks.

Me too. Seems like a new trend.
The thing i don't really get is people in the thread saying i hope he gets a lot, etc.
How about getting a job?

I knew when I seen the Coleman thing what was about to happen, Coleman got all that money other people are going to try for it too

Why not get 5 grand after you retire from fans donating to you.....started a bad trend

I don't see why this would be a problem for Jason himself. I mean it's one thing when random people just throw money at you, it's another if these are die hard MMA fans who thought one individual was a collateral damage of this sport they love and felt some guilt about it.

I am not a child. People make bad decisions in life. They have to deal with them. I understand this sounds harsh, but that's life. Coleman is a special individual in the sport I love. These requests for help should be legit so that the money goes for those who deserve it the most.

Agreed. Plus, at least you could say the Coleman Gofundme has a very narrow, (hopefully) one-time purpose: to pay for Mark's surgery and associated medical bills resulting from it. What is the purpose of this one? To throw some money at a guy who is having a tough time? I guess that's nice and all, but unless you raise a few million dollars so he doesn't have to work another day in his life, it's an extremely temporary solution.

If he needed money for medicine, food, shelter, or whatever, I guess I could see the point, but he lives in Canada, not Somalia. He's not going to starve or die of exposure (unless he wants to). There's a social safety net to catch him if he's that bad off. And judging by the recent pics/interview with him, he's a little depressed but certainly not on death's door.

Like you were gonna donate anyway lol

True, I wouldn't. For the reasons outlined above. Doesn't change the fact it's a ridiculous situation.

I'll be making a donation. he had more balls than most average dudes have putting himself out there on that show. He never should have been ashamed of his mma stint. Those who went after him are the shameful trash.

I would need a clearer picture of how he plans to give him the money before I'd want to donate

I knew when I seen the Coleman thing what was about to happen, Coleman got all that money other people are going to try for it too

Why not get 5 grand after you retire from fans donating to you.....started a bad trend

I can imagine leben getting a page up.

Many others as well.

Lol.
Leben for example earned hundreds of thousands of dollars over his career.

Whose fault is it that he did drugs and didn't invest smartly?

I'm a guy that works 9 to 5 and will have to work for years to make what these guys did. I'm being careful with my money.

This is a joke.

Everyone has a tough fucking time in life making it btw.

Even the guys who made it rich had it tough getting there.

The thing i don't really get is people in the thread saying i hope he gets a lot, etc.
How about getting a job?

In Jason's situation, taking care of parents and another brother that has medical problems. That's a big chunk of his daily life. Jobs are not hard to come by in BC but in his area, I doubt it. Small community, unless they start building Walmarts in the area. He can easily move to the city district and become a Janitor, truck driver, garbage collector...But honestly Jason needs someone by his side to get through all of this...

I can imagine leben getting a page up.

Many others as well.

Lol.
Leben for example earned hundreds of thousands of dollars over his career.

Whose fault is it that he did drugs and didn't invest smartly?

I'm a guy that works 9 to 5 and will have to work for years to make what these guys did. I'm being careful with my money.

This is a joke.

I ain't dropping a dime on Leben. He blew what he had. And blew it like a cheap whore on a slow monday night...

How about getting a job?

You should read the story before posting about Jason getting a job.

Back