Jason Thacker Gofund me page.

sampuncher

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
*Mod Edit* Confirmed as legit, by Chuck Mindenhall.

I'm sure most people have read the article and I know there's a thread about this already but people were asking about a gofund me page and I didn't want it to get lost underneath the other comments.

Here's a gofund me page for anyone wanting to help out Jason Thacker from TUF 1.

Just to note I didn't set this page up myself, it was sent to me on twitter by someone so credit to @AidanOConnor.

http://www.gofundme.com/JasonThackerTUF1

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in. Dude was a solid fighter and I think they should have gave him at least one more chance in the UFC.

Seemed like a really lovely bloke on TUF. Felt sorry for him. Hope he makes loads of money on this gofundme.

I am pumped this got set up but im a rookie to this whole donating thing but can someone tell me why its only going to a 1000 dollars (It says 495 dollars of 1000) and how do you know he gets the money for sure and not the person who set up the donation? I would like to donate 100 dollars but just want to make sure before I do it.

Also it says the city or town is Roanoke, VA which is in the states?

From what I got on twitter was that the person was trying to locate Thackers contact details, I'm sure the journalist would give the details out to the person who created this.

I'm just putting it here for people to see, I think best bet for more info would be to ask the person on twitter whose link I put in the original post.

I'm in. Dude was a solid fighter and I think they should have gave him at least one more chance in the UFC.

dude was a solid fighter? What do you even base that statement off

From what I got on twitter was that the person was trying to locate Thackers contact details, I'm sure the journalist would give the details out to the person who created this.

I'm just putting it here for people to see, I think best bet for more info would be to ask the person on twitter whose link I put in the original post.

No worries I will donate anyway. I'm sure everything will get figured out. It sucks he lives in the middle of no where with no cell phone. I live in Alberta and have never heard of the town he lives in ever. I am curious where the hell in BC that place is.

No worries I will donate anyway. I'm sure everything will get figured out. It sucks he lives in the middle of no where with no cell phone. I live in Alberta and have never heard of the town he lives in ever. I am curious where the hell in BC that place is.

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whonnock

I live about ten minutes from there. Its a nice rural area, very private. Also an hour from Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Jason seems like a solid dude, i hope he gets some funds from this venture.

Really hope things turn around for this guy. He tried to make a dream come true and he got burned badly. Hopefully he'll be able to move on and escape that TUF shadow he's been living in for 10 years.

fraser river - dude has solid fishing grounds...steelhead country.

I am pumped this got set up but im a rookie to this whole donating thing but can someone tell me why its only going to a 1000 dollars (It says 495 dollars of 1000) and how do you know he gets the money for sure and not the person who set up the donation? I would like to donate 100 dollars but just want to make sure before I do it.

recent update on that site:

UPDATE #1
9 MINS AGO

Thanks to those who have already donated!

In promoting this fundraiser, a few people have expressed concern about the legitimacy of this campaign.

To clarify, I am an enthusiast of MMA who felt compelled to help Jason out after reading of his current troubles. I do not live in Canada, however I am trying to contact Chuck Mindenhall to find Jason's contact details, and have been trying since I started the campaign yesterday.

In no way, shape, or form am I profiting from any donations made to this cause.

Thank you,

Aidan

I read that article yesterday. Pretty cool stuff. Seems like this dude really hasn't been doing anything other than just hangin' out in BC since the Leben fight. I have to say his commitment to taking care of his family is very admirable. I have literally $45 to my name right now but if it's still going when my tax returns come in, I'll send $10.

recent update on that site:

UPDATE #1
9 MINS AGO

Thanks to those who have already donated!

In promoting this fundraiser, a few people have expressed concern about the legitimacy of this campaign.

To clarify, I am an enthusiast of MMA who felt compelled to help Jason out after reading of his current troubles. I do not live in Canada, however I am trying to contact Chuck Mindenhall to find Jason's contact details, and have been trying since I started the campaign yesterday.

In no way, shape, or form am I profiting from any donations made to this cause.

Thank you,

Aidan

Jesus christ I have to set up a couple of these scams

Back