Who are the legends?

J All Day

White Belt
Reaction score
I have recently started watching and gained interest in kickboxing and Muay Thai. For someone who is new to the sport and lacks knowledge in its history....... Is there a consensus on the top 5 kickboxers of all time?

Also who are the top fighters today? Any and all knowledge shared is appreciated.

Last edited:
Greatest kickboxers are Ernesto Hoost, Cro Cop, Peter Aerts, Jerome le Banner, Mike Bernardo, Andy Hug, Remy Bonjasky, Mark Hunt, Ray Sefo...

Same here I haven't been watching to long either. But in the welterweight division, there's Raymond Daniels, Nieky Holzken, and the champ Bazooka Joseph Valtellini. I think that's how you spell their names. Those guys are pretty badass, especially Holzken. I try to watch anytime at least one of them fight.

Too many to mention but my favourite guys who are retired are Ernesto Hoost, Remy Bonjasky, Peter Aerts

Guys in the k1 max guys were excellent Souwer, Buakaw, Masato, Kyshenko etc

Current guys who are top fighters Risite, Van Roosmalen, Spong, Saki, Holzken Petrosyan

Same here I haven't been watching to long either. But in the welterweight division, there's Raymond Daniels, Nieky Holzken, and the champ Bazooka Joseph Valtellini. I think that's how you spell their names. Those guys are pretty badass, especially Holzken. I try to watch anytime at least one of them fight.

Holzken is Mercedes, when Bazooka is Skoda - good selling but not even close to Mercedes. Daniels is like old Honda - fast, fun to watch but... He is old Honda... He wont be on top

hard establish a top 5 kickboxers all time,because there are too much epic guys.

Legendary before K1 days:Rob Kaman,Changpuek Kiatsongrit,Ramon Dekkers(from muay thai too),Peter Hurricane Smith.

K-1 Heavyweight time: Peter Aerts,Ernesto Hoost,Andy Hug,Jerome Le Banner,Remy Bonjasky,Semmy Schilt,Alexey Ignashov,Stefan Leko,Mike Bernardo,Ray Sefo,Glaube Feitosa,Sam Grego,Cro crop,Badr Hari and Overeem(2008-2010 days).

K-1 Max time:Buakaw,Andy Souwer,Masato,Albert Kraus,Giorgio Petrosyan,Artur Kyshenko,Yoshihiro Sato,Mike Zambidis,Gago Drago.

Nowdays:

Heavyweight Division:Badr Hari,Daniel Ghita,Rico Verhoeven,Adegbuyi,Anderson Silva,Zimmerman.

Light Heavyweight:Gohkan Saki,Tyrone Spong,Zabit Samedov,Danyo Ilunga,Saulo Cavalari,Artem Vakhitov.

Middleweight:Artem Levin,Simon Marcus,Joe Schilling,Fang Bian,Jason Wilnys,Alex Pereira.

Welterweight:Nieky Hozken,Artur Kyshenko,Joseph Valtelini,Murthel Groenhart,Aleksandr Steturenko,Raymond Daniels

Lightweight Division:Giorgio Petrosyan,Robin Van Roosmalen,Davit Kiria,Andy Ristie,Mohamed Khamal,Sitthichai Sitsongpeenong,Marat Grigorian,Enriko Kehl,Yodsanklai Fairtex(need more fights in kickboxing,he is contracted on K1 now).

Featherweight:Kaew Fairtex,Mosab Amrani,Gabriel Varga,Yuta Kubo,Soda,Jomthong,Masaaki Noiri,Massaro Glunder(new guy for us,showed a supernatural talent and fight style).

55kg:Takeru,Taiga.

hard establish a top 5 kickboxers all time,because there are too much epic guys.

Legendary before K1 days:Rob Kaman,Changpuek Kiatsongrit,Ramon Dekkers(from muay thai too),Peter Hurricane Smith.

K-1 Heavyweight time: Peter Aerts,Ernesto Hoost,Andy Hug,Jerome Le Banner,Remy Bonjasky,Semmy Schilt,Alexey Ignashov,Stefan Leko,Mike Bernardo,Ray Sefo,Glaube Feitosa,Sam Grego,Cro crop,Badr Hari and Overeem(2008-2010 days).

K-1 Max time:Buakaw,Andy Souwer,Masato,Albert Kraus,Giorgio Petrosyan,Artur Kyshenko,Yoshihiro Sato,Mike Zambidis,Gago Drago.

Nowdays:

Heavyweight Division:Badr Hari,Daniel Ghita,Rico Verhoeven,Adegbuyi,Anderson Silva,Zimmerman.

Light Heavyweight:Gohkan Saki,Tyrone Spong,Zabit Samedov,Danyo Ilunga,Saulo Cavalari,Artem Vakhitov.

Middleweight:Artem Levin,Simon Marcus,Joe Schilling,Fang Bian,Jason Wilnys,Alex Pereira.

Welterweight:Nieky Hozken,Artur Kyshenko,Joseph Valtelini,Murthel Groenhart,Aleksandr Steturenko,Raymond Daniels

Lightweight Division:Giorgio Petrosyan,Robin Van Roosmalen,Davit Kiria,Andy Ristie,Mohamed Khamal,Sitthichai Sitsongpeenong,Marat Grigorian,Enriko Kehl,Yodsanklai Fairtex(need more fights in kickboxing,he is contracted on K1 now).

Featherweight:Kaew Fairtex,Mosab Amrani,Gabriel Varga,Yuta Kubo,Soda,Jomthong,Masaaki Noiri,Massaro Glunder(new guy for us,showed a supernatural talent and fight style).

55kg:Takeru,Taiga.

I like posts from you Bro.
If we are talking about good/great fighters (not about legends only) I will add Ilias Bulaid to Featherweight and Jaraya to Lightweight.
Also you forgot Souwer in -70 kg :)

I like posts from you Bro.
If we are talking about good/great fighters (not about legends only) I will add Ilias Bulaid to Featherweight and Jaraya to Lightweight.
Also you forgot Souwer in -70 kg :)

Thanks mate :icon_chee

Jaraya and Bilaid are monsters,they are one of the top prospects in kickboxing,but they are young,but they have a brilliant future coming in 1 or 2 years.

i personally cant put Souwer as one of the best kickboxers of the world today,he is old,but continue fighting ,but not good enought to enter in best kickboxers from LW division,he always fighting with the best,old or not,he is always cool.

Souwer isn't old :) He is just one of these guys who has seemingly been around forever.

Souwer isn't old :) He is just one of these guys who has seemingly been around forever.

he is not too much old,but his prime passed,he still can defeat almost everyone in LW division,but i dont think he is able to defeat top guys anymore.

In my opinion:
Ernesto Hoost, Peter Aerts and Ramon Dekker.
I have to admit, I don't know the legends and fighters from Thailand.

Last edited:
Back