NFL suspends Tom Brady 4 games, fines Patriots $1M, strips team of '16 1st-round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yee is making this worse imo.

My favorite part was when Wells pointed out how happy the Pats' brass and Yee were when he was put on this case.

Lets see how many future independent investigations Wells is commissioned to perform.

Yee is right. Wells showed his hand with his comments.

Goodell and Wells may have done irreparable damage to Brady's reputation, but when all is said and done, Brady and the Pats will come out better than Goodell and Wells.

Two infractions in eight years? Yeah, that is a pattern of behavior.

Moronic haters can rejoice at this BS, but the only pattern of behavior that has been demonstrated is Goodell's incompetence.

Tom Brady had absolutely nothing to do with an intern videotaping from a part of the stadium he is not supposed to be.

Even Wells did not name any of the people involved in Spygate. Goodell did not punish any of the people involved in Spygate. How is that a pattern?

Did you know no other team has had a 1st round pick taken in 30 years? Let alone twice in that span.

Lets see how many future independent investigations Wells is commissioned to perform.

Yee is right. Wells showed his hand with his comments.

Goodell and Wells may have done irreparable damage to Brady's reputation, but when all is said and done, Brady and the Pats will come out better than Goodell and Wells.

Lol. They were fine with him being the guy until he called them out on their bullshit.

There is a reason Kraft is accepting the punishment.

This incident hurt my self-worth and feelings. I am disappointed that an American role model would behave in such a manner. Brady let down America.

Did you know no other team has had a 1st round pick taken in 30 years? Let alone twice in that span.

That is irrelevant. The Spygate punishment was excessive, but Deflategate is exponentially worse.

Lol. They were fine with him being the guy until he called them out on their bullshit.

There is a reason Kraft is accepting the punishment.

http://www.wcvb.com/sports/brady-patriots-prepare-for-fight-with-nfl/32956916

Lol. Ignorance is not an excuse.

Yes, Wells was well respected before this atrocity. Just an FYI, opinions do occasionally change. Keep your grammar school logic out of my house.

You say that "2 instances in 8 years isnt a pattern". Umm no one else has instances like those in 30 years. So ya it is clearly a pattern.

Their opinion only changed because he called them for what they are, cheaters.

Theres a reason Brady wouldnt cooperate. Theres a reason Kraft accepted it.

Good luck with those rustled jimmies.

Just learned some people started a gofundme to help the pats pay the $1 million fine. I swear people are so fucking stupid. Patriots have millions upon millions of dollars, 1 million is chump change to them. They've got more money than all the people who donated put together.

All the shit the money could go towards and you decide to help the patriots...fuckthisgayearth.jpeg

Just learned some people started a gofundme to help the pats pay the $1 million fine. I swear people are so fucking stupid. Patriots have millions upon millions of dollars, 1 million is chump change to them.

All the shit the money could go towards and you decide to help the patriots...fuckthisgayearth.jpeg

Its more of a "fuck you" to the league than just paying the Patriots fine.

Well, the way the Pats use draft picks, maybe a little. They can win on the road.

Ultimately, though, if that's the down payment on a Super Bowl, as the most cynical and anti-Patriot narrative pertaining to "Deflategate" would have us believe, then you wouldn't find a single owner, GM, coach, or player alive who wouldn't shoot his load to pay it.

It was clearly a down payment on a SB. If Brady had simply told the truth and handed over evidence after the AFCCG, he'd have been suspended for the SB.

This whole dramallama has been like the best case scenario.

First off, the Pats beat Seattle. So that's really all that matters to me.

But now I get delicious, delicious tears of Pat fans as a second course.

Though I ultimately think this will matter little in Tom's legacy. He'll still be a first ballot HoFer and I don't think deflation had much to do with his game.

Does confirm once and for all though the Walsh's dynasty > Belichick's dynasty* though, which is cool too. :cool:

You say that "2 instances in 8 years isnt a pattern". Umm no one else has instances like those in 30 years. So ya it is clearly a pattern.

Raiders fan taking a moral high ground when it comes to shady shit?

Lol the irony is killing me.

Raiders fan taking a moral high ground when it comes to shady shit?

Lol the irony is killing me.

Right I forgot were all convicted killers and drug dealers.

This isnt the 70s or 80s, but if they get caught cheating suspend their asses and take their draft picks too.

Lol, you are dense. Kraft did not accept it. Check the link from the previous post and stop embarrassing yourself.

Your naivete and ignorance are hilarious.
http://yourteamcheats.com/

I will take another 4 titles for two lost draft picks and two million in fines any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

New England Patriots REIGNING NFL CHAMPIONS!!!

Last edited:
Its more of a "fuck you" to the league than just paying the Patriots fine.

Brady is set to lose a little under 2 million with a 4 game suspension. Since the Pats dont have to pay him that then that means they'll actually save money even with the 1m fine.

lol at anyone giving them money

Lol, you are dense. Kraft did not accept it. Check the link from the previous post and stop embarrassing yourself.

Your naive and ignorance are hilarious.
http://yourteamcheats.com/

I will take another 4 titles for two lost draft picks and two million in fines any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

New England Patriots REIGNING NFL CHAMPIONS!!!

You sound stupid and upset.

Kraft, who said after the Wells Report was released that he would abide by the league's decision, reversed himself on Monday, saying in his statement that said the punishment "far exceeded any reasonable expectation."

He said the punishment exceeded his expectations but Ive seen no reports saying he intends to appeal it. Have you? Post them up.

I think a lot of people would take those punishments along with 4 titles. That doesnt mean they shouldnt have been punished.

And I dont recall saying to try and strip them of their ring, so not sure why youre going on the defensive there outside of being a fanboy.

Lol @ all these pat fanboys bottle.gif'ing themselves itt

You sound stupid and upset.

He said the punishment exceeded his expectations but Ive seen no reports saying he intends to appeal it. Have you? Post them up.

I think a lot of people would take those punishments along with 4 titles. That doesnt mean they shouldnt have been punished.

And I dont recall saying to try and strip them of their ring, so not sure why youre going on the defensive there outside of being a fanboy.

You are a moron. You said that Kraft accepted it, which I disputed, then you quoted an article that said he reversed his decision. He has not formally appealed yet, but based on your quote, it sounds likely doesnt it?

Just learned some people started a gofundme to help the pats pay the $1 million fine. I swear people are so fucking stupid. Patriots have millions upon millions of dollars, 1 million is chump change to them. They've got more money than all the people who donated put together.

Probably made by some illiterate Southie scumbag from Boston.

Look I didnt say this cripples their franchise. Im saying this hurts them.

Think of it from the perspective of lets say losing Chandler Jones. Thats a big blow.

I know. My point was that I'm beginning to think the punishment wasn't hard enough. They didn't make the playoffs the season after spygate and were stripped of a first round pick (they still had a first rounder via an earlier trade with the Saints) but they still went 11-5 and should have been in the playoffs. That pick didn't necessarily hurt the Patriots in the long term. This one might, since Brady is nearing the end. Still, if Brady gets his punishment lowered or reversed, it does nothing to deter other teams/players from cheating.

Also, concerning the pic above, I have and always will feel like there was an ulterior motive for the NFL destroying the spygate tapes. That's a plausible explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back