• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kyokushin vs TKD?

Oh god. Bas Rutten got smashed in his first Muay Thai class and that's what I wrote. Rutten has mentioned it in almost every interview available on youtube. It's a miracle anyone interested in him has missed it. I won't dig it up for you.

His MT record is really relevant to bring up, if it weren't for the fact that he transitioned to MT:rolleyes: It does not reflect Kyokushin-Muay Thai, since he abandoned Kyokushin in favour of MT.

He never said anything of the sort and when you have to lie to bolster your argument, no one is going to pay attention to your shit.

so from this:

People transitioning from Kyokushin to Muay Thai and boxing have all labelled kyokushin "basic" in comparison. This includes Bas Rutten

Bas Rutten got demolished when switching to Muay Thai in his first training with a strike to the liver, and informed viewers if the they thought kyokushin was tough.......

to this:

not exactly the same thing, is it?

That is exactly what I have been saying. You all look pretty dumb now, huh?

Bas rotten told the same story with kyokushin instead of muay thai and in Holland he did kickboxing not full thai rules. I believe all the guys he trained with were run by former kk guys.

As a practitioner of wtf style tkd I can say wtf sparring is not much of a help in the ring. But tkd kicks and style of fighting I find to be very helpful.those full contact koyushkin guys but they tend to have a low guard and rock the body shots. Those guys are really tough. But in the end I honestly think it matters 100% on the fighter and the way they learn. Sadly many wtf schools only believe in point sparring but the schools in my area that are all wtf affiliated teaches boxing/kick boxing styles of fighting and how to use your tkd for other than point sparring.

I also personally believe that learning all of the tkd style appropriately gives a certain level of athleticism that really helps in the right g and in fighting overall

I give Kyokushin a solid C+
I give ITF Taekwondo maybe a D+
I give WTF Taekwondo an F- and a punch in the face, which it will not know how to block

I give Kyokushin a solid C+
I give ITF Taekwondo maybe a D+
I give WTF Taekwondo an F- and a punch in the face, which it will not know how to block

which other ones are included in C+ and above and with what rating?

MMA>>Kickboxing>>Boxing>>Kyokushin>>Shotokan>>TKD>>Wing Chun>>End Thread.

What have I just read.....

Also it's hard to rate any martial art because what is the litmus test for it? How can you make a general assessment of a martial art and make the claim one is better than the other.

All martial arts practitioners aren't the same, have different skill levels and physical gifts not to mention different competitive rules & in some cases many differences in a singular art. Therefore saying one art is better than the other is just pure generalisation and most of the time generalisations can be incredibly stupid - this is among one of them.

Nope.

kicks.jpg

Btw, who made this chart anyway?

Muay Thai kick displayed was only one variation and apparently not the traditional roundhouse.

"The Legendary Samart shows how a traditional Thai kick is done. Notice there is NO bending of the the knee like in the above example. The leg comes off the ground already very much already stiff"[/B].[/B]

http://muaythaipros.com/kickingboxing-vs-muay-thai-different/

Anybody can see the Shotokan kick is the least likely to generate equal power and is completely outdated/robotic. There's no body movement behind it, as in the TKD kick leaning back.

Last edited:
Muay Thai kick displayed was only one variation and apparently not the traditional roundhouse.

"The Legendary Samart shows how a traditional Thai kick is done. Notice there is NO bending of the the knee like in the above example. The leg comes off the ground already very much already stiff"[/B].[/B]

http://muaythaipros.com/kickingboxing-vs-muay-thai-different/

Anybody can see the Shotokan kick is the least likely to generate equal power and is completely outdated/robotic. There's no body movement behind it, as in the TKD kick leaning back.

Very cool read. It massively overstates Muay Thai's influence on japanese and dutch kickboxing, but other than that, cool read.

a kyokushin guy practices bare knuckle punching relentlessly, w/o wrist/hand wraps <they have solid hands and wrists> not like boxers who wrap their wrists, boxers would most likely break their hand or wrist in a street fight. A kyokushin can hit you full force w/o risk of injury. In competition you can imagine missing a body blow and accidintly hitting someones hip bone<ouch> everyday business for kyokushin karate .

Breaking your hand and wrist almost always happens because you are hitting wrong. Boxers hands are very conditioned and would in almost all situations hold up fine in a street fight. Your post is very dick ridey.

Kyokushin sparring is closer to a real fight but TKD has way sharper kicking technique in my opinion.

Breaking your hand and wrist almost always happens because you are hitting wrong. Boxers hands are very conditioned and would in almost all situations hold up fine in a street fight. Your post is very dick ridey.

Kyokushin sparring is closer to a real fight but TKD has way sharper kicking technique in my opinion.

Tell that to mike tyson. Also lol at sharper technique. KK guys actually land all the fancy shit tkd is known for.

MMA>>Kickboxing>>Boxing>>Kyokushin>>Shotokan>>TKD>>Wing Chun>>End Thread.

Wing Chun over you at least. Under Kyo and boxing. Kickboxing and MMA. Slap fighting and Canadian helmet boxing after a hard Hockey practice. Of course.

Demolished? his MT record is 14-1. and the "Rutten livershot" is something he learned from kyokushin where it is commonly used in tournaments. Or like he said in his Big DVD of combat (sorry for not finding a vid copy, the link I had is dead) "In the karate world, and that is where I come from, the kyokushin karate world, and that is bare knuckle fighting! I dont know if you know, but that is tough. forget about thaiboxing. That [kyokushin] Hurts!""

I wouldn't trust that to be honest, because he said in one of his appearances on JRE that he learned the liver shot in Muay Thai, because he got dropped with it by a slick fighter. I couldn't tell you which one but Bas is an unreliable narrator at times.

Either way though, as much as spacetime is clearly an idiot, I would actually argue Bas Rutten fights slightly more muay thai style than kyokushin style, but if we're being honest Bas is an enigma and is largely his own thing

The conditioning in non olympic Tae Kwon Do and Kyokushin is the same - Breaking, bareknuckle punches on the wall, dozens of push ups/sit ups, etc.

From what I've seen online, kyokushin is not a tough martial art in terms of sparring. Boxing is much tougher, as is Muay Thai.

from what I've heard in boxing it is very common to fight 10 fresh opponents, one after the other, all the while getting brutalized with bare knuckle punches.
I also come from an alternate universe.

from what I've heard in boxing it is very common to fight 10 fresh opponents, one after the other, all the while getting brutalized with bare knuckle punches.
I also come from an alternate universe.

Are you talking about Kyokushin now? Anyway, a martial art im which the sparring format consists of starring down at each other, all while kneeing, punching the opponents mid section is about as unrealistic as it gets. Looks crazy too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckforbes
Back