Andre "B-Side" Ward absolutely bombs on BET

Outside of Comicview what else is there on BET?

Up in my hometown (smallish... about 40K people) I don't even think BET is included in the cable packages up there. Blacks make up a small fraction of a fraction of the population there.

no idea what bet even is

Do they still play 106& park?

and yet many agree with me.

I'm white. I love hip-hop. I haven't watched BET in probably a decade and a half. Every white person I know that also loves hip-hop will tell you the same thing

I actually don't know a single white person that watches BET. Probably don't know what channel it even is

You made a ridiculous connection. It's ok, happens to all of us

On topic, I have yet to talk to a single boxing fan that even knew Ward fought this weekend. When I say "yeah, he fought a tune-up fight on BET", the majority have said "wait... BET?!?!". This shit was doomed to fail

"I want a billion dollars and a blow job from your wife for this fight to happen."

He doesn't duck, but he does price himself out of basically every big fight since the Super Six.

Just got 2 million to fight who? Maybe hes not as dumb as we thought.

There has been 1 fight discussed in his layoff, in the earliest stages with the opponent not even wanting the fight, and a dispute in venue. He hasnt priced himself out of any big fights.

like that time Ward said he'd go up to LHW, Dawson called him out and then Dawson had to go down to SMW.

I don't dislike him as a fighter, I just don't think Froch and Kessler were that great, Abraham was a MW coming up who also got completely outboxed by Froch :p Dawson was a good win even if he drained him lol

and yeah if Ward had gone up and got outmuscled by Dawson I would have agreed it was a bad move, as I rate Ward over Dawson overall.

So you like to discredit multiple top ranked wins? Who is good then?

I'm white. I love hip-hop. I haven't watched BET in probably a decade and a half. Every white person I know that also loves hip-hop will tell you the same thing

I actually don't know a single white person that watches BET. Probably don't know what channel it even is

You made a ridiculous connection. It's ok, happens to all of us

On topic, I have yet to talk to a single boxing fan that even knew Ward fought this weekend. When I say "yeah, he fought a tune-up fight on BET", the majority have said "wait... BET?!?!". This shit was doomed to fail

read thread. peace

So you like to discredit multiple top ranked wins? Who is good then?

discredit? I was comparing really.

Ward cleaned out his division with ease, no getting around that.

Yea stupid decision to fight on BET. Wish I remembered who here was saying Ward is still more popular than GGG.
Ward is going to continue to decline unless he moves up in weight and fights adonis or krusher. Maybe he'll be popular again when GGG fights him.

discredit? I was comparing really.

Ward cleaned out his division with ease, no getting around that.

Froch Kessler and Abraham? That sounded like discrediting.

And youve got the Ward/Dawson situation wrong. Dawsons own trainer said it was Dawsons idea to come down to Ward. Then after Ward beat his ass he wants to bitch about it saying it was unfair.

Interview with Kellerman:

DAWSON: Right now, you know, I'd fight anybody, 168, 175. You know? I'm not saying I prefer to come out of my comfort zone, which is 175, but I could make 168. I come into camp at about 178 pounds. I know I look bigger than what everybody thinks, but I could make 168, or I could stick around at 175.

KELLERMAN: You are now once again the light heavyweight champion of the world. You've gotten rid of all the old fighters in the division but there's some new interesting young fighters here. Any interest you in particular?

DAWSON: I mean I would love a fight with Andre Ward. I mean I think that would make for a great fight.

KELLERMAN: Super middleweight champion.

DAWSON: Super middleweight champion. I could make 168 or we could do it at 175

Yea stupid decision to fight on BET. Wish I remembered who here was saying Ward is still more popular than GGG.
Ward is going to continue to decline unless he moves up in weight and fights adonis or krusher. Maybe he'll be popular again when GGG fights him.

He got 2 million dollars for a ring rust fight. No one else was going to pay for that shitz

Think you may have gotten what I said confused. Didnt say he was more popular, or even as popular, said Ward's recent fights had similar views to Golovkin's. They werent lopsided.

Guess its pretty much a guarantee that Adonis and Ward wont happen as Haymon and Jay-Z wont work together. Kovalev will probably happen though.

ward was never a big star. combine that with the layoff which made him a near forgotten boxer and being on a garbage channel like BET and this is what you will get.

these are not bad or disappointing numbers, they is exactly appropriate.

Froch Kessler and Abraham? That sounded like discrediting.
I'm totally confused.

How good do you think those 3 are? Winning a title doesn't automatically make you an ATG

thanks for finding all those quotes from Dawson, what a tool :( happy to admit I got it wroong

I'm totally confused.

How good do you think those 3 are? Winning a title doesn't automatically make you an ATG

thanks for finding all those quotes from Dawson, what a tool :( happy to admit I got it wroong

I think theyre damn good. Considering Kessler is one of Calzaghes best wins it seems odd to write it off from Wards.

Im fine even being the one to make the argument that Calzaghe sits atop the throne due to longevity, activity etc, but Ward is right there. Before hes done Im comfortable saying hell take over.

And ya that was a weird situation from Dawson. Like umm everyone heard you ask for it lol.

I think theyre damn good. Considering Kessler is one of Calzaghes best wins it seems odd to write it off from Wards.

Im fine even being the one to make the argument that Calzaghe sits atop the throne due to longevity, activity etc, but Ward is right there. Before hes done Im comfortable saying hell take over.
lol when I mentioned Calzaghe I said Ottke too, was a bit of a joke.

Calzaghe is one of my favourite fighters but he had a long "domestic" reign which was heavily criticised in a division where Jones Jr was the true king. He was losing to Kessler early and made adjustments to take over, and against Hopkins he was 4 rounds down with one of those a 10-8 and managed to adjust to squeak past. Those are his best wins which puts Ward ahead I think.

I guess I just don't consider the division that strong compared to say welterweight.

lol yes

You must be late 20s to early 30s

I know I get BET now but I have no idea what channel it even is on FIOS

Haven't seen you round these parts in awhile, how you been, bruh?

haha, I'm actually turning 25 in August, so you're not too far off. I really mostly looked forward to Freestyle Fridays, tbh, that was good times. Me too about BET, had to scroll through the guide to find that shit, lol.

lol when I mentioned Calzaghe I said Ottke too, was a bit of a joke.

Calzaghe is one of my favourite fighters but he had a long "domestic" reign which was heavily criticised in a division where Jones Jr was the true king. He was losing to Kessler early and made adjustments to take over, and against Hopkins he was 4 rounds down with one of those a 10-8 and managed to adjust to squeak past. Those are his best wins which puts Ward ahead I think.

I guess I just don't consider the division that strong compared to say welterweight.

Oo gotcha. Its a very strange division in that regard. A lot of the best wins took place outside of it which really makes it murky.

Andre needs to move out to Vegas and intern at Floyd's business school.

The only good thing about that telecast was listening to Kevin Kelley bring the lulz discussing LHW and butchering everything.

"He could move up to LHW and fight Sergio Kovav...and of course there's the Haitian guy"

Back