I start to think Aldo made that up. It's a win win for him.

Kenji Tomiki

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
In that regard, I start to respect Conor, and maybe I will cheer for him if Aldo's team continue to play this cheap mind game. With all this BS it is now impossible for Conor to train at 100%. If Aldo wins, it is impressive, but if he loses, he was injured.. I don't like that. You are injured and you cancel the fight, or you fight and you shut your mouth.

Even if Aldo isn't injured, he would get a instant rematch...

Aldo is a dominant champ... He might get destroyed, but he deserves a immediate rematch

If we're feeling this much confusion about the fight and all we are doing is watching it, how do you really think Conor is feeling who as to live it? I don't care how calm he seems on camera this is the biggest fight of his life and he doesn't know which match up he's truly facing he's not sure who to really trash talk now?

Conor doesn't care, he just needs to get in shape for 11/7.

This shitthread has to be wastelanded. OP is either helplessly dumb by thinking fighters can make up injuries without there being a verification or is in bad faith.

This shitthread has to be wastelanded. OP is either helplessly dumb by thinking fighters can make up injuries without there being a verification or is in bad faith.

Was there any verification except his coach and training partner?

Aldo might be playing some serious mental games, but I doubt Conor cares enough for it to affect him either way.

You can leak anything you want to the media without verification, and Aldo's in Brazil using his own doctors. None of this rumor spreading has to be verified by anyone official, Aldo can literally say whatever he wants.

His coache are smart as hell...he will tempt Conor to throw body shots. And seeing as conor moves straight back, uses zero head movment and leaves his hands low... aldo will land his over hand right left hook combo and tko him.

Even if Aldo isn't injured, he would get a instant rematch...

Aldo is a dominant champ... He might get destroyed, but he deserves a immediate rematch

Fuck that. I dont believe in immediate rematches unless something odd that ruins the fight occurs.

either u say nada about the injury and fight or u dont fight at all, this is the way it has to be.

Has Conor got an injury? Who knows but if he came out with an injury but said he'd still fight then id say fine but dont be a little b1tch if youre beaten.

Nothing shouldve been said about this if he intended to fight all along this is definitely an 'out'.

Aldo is NOT winning this fight now, injured or fake injured or whatever, its as good as over. Even the build up to this now is not the same as the other Aldo fights, hes not the same, there is an air of defeat about him.

either way the matchup is tainted and fucked with all this bull shit going around. Personally I hope Conor destroys him now because of this.

A receipt for all the bullshit Conor talks, I won't lie, this has crossed my mind as well.

I believe this scenario too. If not completely faked,he sure tried to get as much as he can from a minor injury.This way Aldo is trying to fuck with Conor's head and he also has an excuse when he gets his ass whooped. Too bad Conor doesn't give a shit.

Aldo loses a lot of respect from everybody with the whole drug test fiasco and now this. If you can't see that then I'll immediately assume you are blind Conor hater. Aldo looks horrible.

Last edited:
If Aldo made this up and fully intends to fight then faking this injury would actually be a pretty clever trick. Connor has to go into the fight not being sure who his opponent will be while Aldo has no comparable mental hurdles to overcome in the coming weeks.

Aldo is a tricky little scam artist.

Sorry guys, but a bruise is not what I would call an "injury" Some ice, some ibuprophen, and that bruise will be healed in a week. No reason at all, he has to fight with a bruise. It does not take 3 weeks to heal a bruise, with todays modern day techniques of treating these things.

Sorry guys, but a bruise is not what I would call an "injury" Some ice, some ibuprophen, and that bruise will be healed in a week. No reason at all, he has to fight with a bruise. It does not take 3 weeks to heal a bruise, with todays modern day techniques of treating these things.
Bruised ribs is one of those injuries where recovery time can vary based on the extent of the damage, but even that's irrelevant.

Aldo could technically pull out of this fight over a stubbed toe if he wanted, it's entirely his call. Aldo just saying he's "injured" and might have to pull out kind of mind-fucks everyone involved with this event, except Aldo of course if he's lying.

You can leak anything you want to the media without verification, and Aldo's in Brazil using his own doctors. None of this rumor spreading has to be verified by anyone official, Aldo can literally say whatever he wants.

You people realize that the UFC has offices outside of the US right? They have a team in Brazil and I'm pretty sure some people from the UFC have visited Aldo to talk about this. It's the biggest fight of the year.

The UFC has done everything it can to give McGregor a belt, but these goofs believe there's a big conspiracy going on against their boy.

Why would Aldo leak that he has bruised ribs? It's clearly a mind game he's trying to play - whether the injury is legit or not. Leaking an injury just prior to an event speaks volumes about the fighter's mental state: they are looking for an excuse if they lose.

Let's also not forget that the Martians are gonna come and attack earth .
I already put on my tinfoil hat:icon_chee

If Aldo made this up and fully intends to fight then faking this injury would actually be a pretty clever trick. Connor has to go into the fight not being sure who his opponent will be while Aldo has no comparable mental hurdles to overcome in the coming weeks.

Aldo is a tricky little scam artist.

Corrupt c**ts

His coache are smart as hell...he will tempt Conor to throw body shots. And seeing as conor moves straight back, uses zero head movment and leaves his hands low... aldo will land his over hand right left hook combo and tko him.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...=4322698784001

In this interview, when asked "would you target the ribs when you fight?"

McGregor replied, "I'll be aiming for the chin, I want to knock him out"

Back