I start to think Aldo made that up. It's a win win for him.

I don't see how the injury could 'leak' from Aldo's camp. Fighters fight injured all the time. Stuff doesn't leak. Would anyone in Conor's Mac Mansion dare to tip off the press if he got hurt? Absolutely not. What's in it for the leaker? The more you look at it the more orchestrated it appears.

This recent turn of events definitely put all the cards in Aldo's hand, but fake an injury?

There's already a thread dedicated to UFC 189 conspiracy theories.

I'd lose a lot of respect for Aldo if he lied about this but he gets injured all the time so i wouldn't be surprised if he really is injured

A guy as alpha as Aldo does not make plans based on the possibility of LOSING.

Guy imitating Conor's style injures Aldo. Huge confidence booster for McGreGOAT and -points for Aldo.

He fought with a broken foot before and now makes a big deal about a bruise in a very publicized manner beforehand? Even hyping it as being broken at one point when it was not? No one openly advertises their weaknesses on purpose like that unless their is personal gain to be found. This whole thing stinks to me. Aldo would love nothing more than to have Mendes do his dirty work for him seeing as how many believe that wrestlers are the key to beating him. Then Aldo can fight another opponent that he has already defeated.

In that regard, I start to respect Conor, and maybe I will cheer for him if Aldo's team continue to play this cheap mind game. With all this BS it is now impossible for Conor to train at 100%. If Aldo wins, it is impressive, but if he loses, he was injured.. I don't like that. You are injured and you cancel the fight, or you fight and you shut your mouth.

Not saying that Aldo's injury is a ploy but open your eyes please: everything Conor does pre-fight is a ploy to get a mental edge come fight night.

Aldo has many fights and he comes from a very aggressive camp, he's also training for a heavy hitter. It's easy to see how this could very well be true unless you're a couch potato. And if this is just mind games.. Bravo

Back