Polygamy Discussion Thread: More Americans Now Than Ever Say Polygamy Is Morally Acceptable

Probably the most moronic thing ever said in all those homo marriage threads. Congratulations.

The biggest argument on here is that people should not make laws that infringe on the rights of others, if the others are not harming anyone.

There is no logical argument that says that one man can't have two wives, if all three people are consenting adults. You're not a bigot against polygamists are you?

The biggest argument on here is that people should not make laws that infringe on the rights of others, if the others are not harming anyone.

There is no logical argument that says that one man can't have two wives, if all three people are consenting adults. You're not a bigot against polygamists are you?
but but but I have the right to my opinion!

but but but I have the right to my opinion!

Hehehe. I can't remember what your response usually is but I'm pretty sure it's something with "bigot" in it.

Being logically consistent is a hell of a thing.

Hehehe. I can't remember what your response usually is but I'm pretty sure it's something with "bigot" in it.

Being logically consistent is a hell of a thing.
I do remember your response, its complaining that your "right to hold an opinion" is somehow being violated. You are persecuted, even. Maybe genocided as well.

If you bothered to read the thread you'd see that I don't consider polygamy a big fucking deal. Who cares? If they want it they can have it as far as I care. I have more pressing concerns than worrying about a bunch of stupid whores leeching money of a rich fuck while taking turns on his dick. I mean they will do it anyway, might as well be honest about it and have them in the books as well.

Your stupid attempts of trying to catch liberals in this moral trap are retarded and don't do you justice since you are smarter than that (I hope).

I do remember your response, its complaining that your "right to hold an opinion" is somehow being violated. You are persecuted, even. Maybe genocided as well.

If you bothered to read the thread you'd see that I don't consider polygamy a big fucking deal. Who cares? If they want it they can have it as far as I care. I have more pressing concerns than worrying about a bunch of stupid whores leeching money of a rich fuck while taking turns on his dick. I mean they will do it anyway, might as well be honest about it and have them in the books as well.

Your stupid attempts of trying to catch liberals in this moral trap are retarded and don't do you justice since you are smarter than that (I hope).

Sure, you're right to hold your opinion. No one is saying you can't, but the only logical thing for you to do is to fight for polygamy and the right for people to choose who they marry if it's not harming anyone. That's the foundation of your views.

Instead of producing "financial" arguments, you should be calling everyone who doesn't agree with polygamy a bigot, as it has been your M.O. in these threads.

Edit: you edited your post, so this response is not that fitting. I'm not trying to "trap" anyone, I don't care if you support gay marriage, and not polygamy, i'm being super facetious to point out that the logic should be the same. It's not a trap as much as it is an obvious extension of the foundation of your thinking.

Sure, you're right to hold your opinion. No one is saying you can't, but the only logical thing for you to do is to fight for polygamy and the right for people to choose who they marry if it's not harming anyone. That's the foundation of your views.

Instead of producing "financial" arguments, you should be calling everyone who doesn't agree with polygamy a bigot, as it has been your M.O. in these threads.
Now its you that sounds mad and gotten to. You are usually extremely polite and for you to drop to an average level of politeness means your shit is really rustled. Is everything OK?

The ones who enjoy being breeders/whores are the ones that will cave into polygamy and fuck them, who cares?

So now women whose primary ambition in the first half of their life is to manage a home and raise children are "breeders/whores" who should be viewed as losers? Typical meanspirited, faux-liberal bullshit.

How do you feel about men who want to be stay-at-home dad's while mom provides in the workforce? I guess they are to be applauded and respected since, as males, they are following the faux-liberal marching orders and operating outside traditional gender roles.

Today's so-called left is suffering from a kind of mental illness.

Now its you that sounds mad and gotten to. You are usually extremely polite and for you to drop to an average level of politeness means your shit is really rustled. Is everything OK?

Yeah, my edited response probably sounds more even-keeled. I'm being facetious, it comes off as me being rustled. I reserve this more for you, as I thought your M.O. was that of pretending to being outraged and responding with a smack-down.

No, things are not okay, but that's not representative of my posts, I'm just tooling.

I have more pressing concerns than worrying about a bunch of stupid whores leeching money of a rich fuck while taking turns on his dick. I mean they will do it anyway, might as well be honest about it and have them in the books as well.

I can only imagine your outrage if someone characterized homosexuals so disrespectfully.

So now women whose primary ambition in the first half of their life is to manage a home and raise children are "breeders/whores" who should be viewed as losers? Typical meanspirited, faux-liberal bullshit.

How do you feel about men who want to be stay-at-home dad's while mom provides in the workforce? I guess they are to be applauded and respected since, as males, they are following the faux-liberal marching orders and operating outside traditional gender roles.

Today's so-called left is suffering from a kind of mental illness.
I wouldn't view them as "losers" if they manage to get away with it. Hell, they'll probably "win" more than I do in life.

If your sole ambition in life is is to produce offspring for a rich and powerful man then yeah I don't give a fuck about you and who cares? Its not like they would give a fuck about me. So I don't see why you are so upset.

Yeah, my edited response probably sounds more even-keeled. I'm being facetious, it comes off as me being rustled. I reserve this more for you, as I thought your M.O. was that of pretending to being outraged and responding with a smack-down.

No, things are not okay, but that's not representative of my posts, I'm just tooling.
Well I'm sorry things are not OK.

And I don't pretend to be outraged. There are topics that might legit get me mad but we haven't even come near them (no I won't reveal what they are lol).

As for the polygamy issue, as I said, they can have it. I don't know why your brain cannot compile this? I wouldn't organise and agitate and vote against their right to marry. If the issue ever becomes the next big political thing we can argue whether people are bigoted or not, right now I have no angry social commentary to offer.

Well I'm sorry things are not OK.

And I don't pretend to be outraged. There are topics that might legit get me mad but we haven't even come near them (no I won't reveal what they are lol).

As for the polygamy issue, as I said, they can have it. I don't know why your brain cannot compile this? I wouldn't organise and agitate and vote against their right to marry. If the issue ever becomes the next big political thing we can argue whether people are bigoted or not, right now I have no angry social commentary to offer.

Yeah, that's fair. I don't even know what polygamy laws are, nor am I that interested. I'm off to work, have a good one.

Never happen because it's a tax mess. Also it's an insurance mess.

One wife is more than enough.

In a society with polygamy wealthier, older men tend to have more wives, usually young wives, which leaves many younger men without a partner and tends to result in these young, single men acting out more. It essentially shuts out a section of the adult male population from marriage. Polygamy made more sense in antiquity when men died more often and earlier, which would leave women without partners if not for plural marriages. This is why plural marriages of the past were most often men with multiple wives and not the reverse. This effect can actually be exacerbated by what is called the "lost boys" phenomena in which older men in the community will persecute and ostracize younger men because they're competition for the younger women which in turn could lead those younger men to turn to unsavory activities or just having poorer outcomes in general.

Activist judges.

But seriously, we, as a society, have judged gay marriage to be legitimate. The thing is a lot of the arguments in support of gay marriage and against maintaining a rigid traditional definition(marriage is not about reproduction, consenting adults should be able to for relationships with each other etc) do in fact work for other forms of marriage that have yet to be recognized.

I'm not saying this to knock gay marriage. If anything, for the reasons I listed above in response to the other poster, polygamy is much more likely to negatively effect me, as a young man with little money, than gay marriage is but I'm still interested in at least having the discussion about it.

For better or for worse, the gay marriage advocates really gave any potential incest advocates a hand when they so effectively argued that marriage is divorced from reproduction

freedom is not about whether its good for society, we give people freedom because we thought it is their God given right, to be free and choice their way of live.

if consenting adults want to be in polygamy relationship, why should you have the right to tell them otherwise.

and old rich people will have many young women around them anyways.

Back