* Stitch fired by UFC *

Just like your edgy opinion.

My opinion IS original since the bulk of threads since the news broke have been 'die UFc die Dana...

Amazing though how 'Stitch' has gotten more support than actual fighters who have been let go..

Can you say, propaganda?

Cool AV btw

Get the fuck over it. Do you and all those other shertards come here to talk mma or to critique grammar?

but since you insist, the next time you want to convey that you really care about something, i want you to say "i could care less" and see then if YOUR message is conveyed better than MINE.

I come here to discuss a number of things and it's nice when those things are communicated effectively by people using language correctly, then not crying about it when someone points out an error.

By the way your suggestion makes no sense, if I wanted to convey I really care about something I would say "I couldn't care more", that way everyone immediately knows how much I'm attempting to convey I care. If I use I could care less then nobody knows how much I care or what I'm trying to get across. Your suggestion only serves to illustrate the ambiguity of your incorrect use of the phrase (as can be used in either scenario), further proving my (and everyone elses) point.

Last edited:
So ever since Uncle Dana fired the cutman known as "Stitch" and told him outright that his services would no longer be required, a lot of White Knights come out of the woodwork here on Sherdog forums making these bold statements: "You're a jackass if you support the UFC and Reebok, man!" "ALL the fighters know Stitch didn't deserve to get fired!" Now that, in and of itself, is not a big deal, guys, we see those kind of reactions all the time here. Moreover, it's a free country, guys. Now what concerns me though is that when I browse through these forums, man, I see a lot of confused people. People who ain't got their priorities in order! What concerns me even more, as a libertarian, is that we've got a bunch of lightweight libertarians here, you know the "Bitcoin, piracy, japanase cartoon, pro wrestling, "I don't give a fuck" tough guy crowd, who don't understand what it means to be a responsible libertarian in the modern world. What it means to be a man, guys. Now that being said, I feel compelled to dispel a couple of misconceptions about this whole ordeal.

Firstly, let me just say this. As a man Dana White has all the moral right in the world to fire anyone, anytime, for whatever reason he sees fit. He's the President, guys. Now for whatever reason, this country has established "laws" preventing someone to fire another person's ass because they happen to be a woman, a mexican, a muslim, handicapped, gay, you name it guys! And don't get me wrong, and don't misquote me like the media did with Candidate Trump, guys, because I LOVE everybody. That being said, just like a man has the RIGHT to choose who he works for, a man has the RIGHT to choose who works under him. Just facts, guys, let's not get emotional over this, okay?

Second thing is this whole Reebok conspiracy angle, and I'm not gonna even comment on this childish new world oder stuff I've seen posted all around these forums. That's just mind blowingly simplistic thinking, guys. Whoever think there a conspiracy here is a baby in the world of business. Now what's a more interesting argument flying around here is the fact that a lot of Sherdoggers like to post Tweets and other cute stuff showing how "all the fighters are supporting Stitch, the victim, dude!" First of all, bro, Stitch is not a victim because it's how the free market works in the REAL world. Secondly, guys, let's not be naive here, okay? I mean these are fighters we're talking about here. Prize fighters! And you expect them to weight in, in a nuanced and balanced way in complicated issues like these? Guys, let's not be babies, these are not doctors, these are not MBAs, and these are not Scientists we're talking about here.

Let me just finish by making it clear right now that there's NOT going to be any grand boycott. There's not gonna be any dent in the numbers of the UFC. Moreover, there wasn't any injustice done. This is free market guys. Stitch will most likely find a new job and be fine with it. Just because he's a mexican and gets fired by Uncle Dana doesn't mean it's any different, morally speaking, to all the downsizings going on throughout the world as we speak, man! It's the free market. Deal with it.

My opinion IS original since the bulk of threads since the news broke have been 'die UFc die Dana...

Amazing though how 'Stitch' has gotten more support than actual fighters who have been let go..

Can you say propaganda?

Propaganda is information that is not impartial and used primarily to influence an audience and further an agenda, often by presenting facts selectively (perhaps lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or using loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than a rational response to the information presented.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda
  1. There is no agenda other than to discuss about what's happening.
  2. All facts are present, there is support but I can't see lies.
  3. It is being discussed rationally, except by you and the UFC.

0/3, epic fail on your part.

The US isn't a Libertarian country quite yet, fortunately. The billionaires funding the Libertarian think tanks and the Libertarian talking heads still have some work to do before they have made the US a place where corporations and the very rich have nearly total liberty to do whatever the fuck they want to do to everybody else.

And yet, not even 1 minute after i posted it you are in here and the first to respond.

you still dont get that he pointed out you wrong usage of "couldnt care less" in the thread title no less? and you call yourself wise?

I am very sorry that you can't comprehend things like analogies.

It must be very difficult having to face everything from a literal stand point. Good luck with the rest of your life dude. Try not to get to stressed about everything someone says.

Peace.

Stressed? You're the only one trying to turn the discussion into a personal direction.

I pointed out your shifting position about Lauzon from "reasoned and well thought out" to "point scoring" in order to keep his job safe. Lauzon's homey analogy involving a fragmented and competitve market does not apply to the UFC.

fuck rand paul

Let's not make this about the elections, okay? I like Rand Paul and Donald Trump. You're probably a Lindsay Graham warmonger, no big deal, but this is not the place to discuss that. Stay on topic, buddy.

Nothing you said is wrong on its face, but the implications from your statement are patethetic and demonstrate that you haven't developed fully as a thinker. Drop the books, the libertarian podcasts, or wherever it is that you have developed this line of thinking and join the real world. Stitch is not "any other mexican" that got laid off. He is a public figure for a company who draws its earnings and reputation from the public.

The UFC and Reebok (especially reebok in this instance) are open to public scrutiny based off of their actions. Reebok entered into this agreement with the UFC knowing full well that they would be in heavy conflict with the fighters and other employees and they are reaping what they sowed. A 70 Million dollar 6 year deal was too good to be true, but they signed the dotted line anyways. The UFC sold a product that they didn't own prior and that they were going to cede the money to the fighters anyways (fighter uniforms) so the price was meaningless to them. For comparison Reebok paid Sidney Crosby the same amount per year as they do for the entire UFC roster. Their are several individual fighters within the UFC that are bigger worldwide names that Sid the kid is and Reebok jumped at this cheap offer knowing full well it wasn't going to be smooth sailing. You appear to be saying that the free market demands that nobody organize, speak up or even express their feelings about an action made by a market participant. That is the exact opposite of how free markets (in the true libertarian sense) are supposed to work.

Your "understanding" of the situation, or of capitalism for that matter, has barely left the starting gates. Further, your attempt at forcing a rationalization and viewpoint onto an entire population based off of what you believe to be the case is more akin to facism than libertarianism.

you still dont get that he pointed out you wrong usage of "couldnt care less" in the thread title no less? and you call yourself wise?

Wise enough to know not to get hung up on the miniscule when theres subject matter at hand.

The US isn't a Libertarian country quite yet, fortunately. The billionaires funding the Libertarian think tanks and the Libertarian talking heads still have some work to do before they have made the US a place where corporations and the very rich have nearly total liberty to do whatever the fuck they want to do to everybody else.

It's the big government that you should worry about, my man. Yeah, a big business man can fire you if he chooses to but that's nothing compared to the things the government can force you to do. This country is Greece on steroids and they're taking our freedoms away bit by bit, buddy.

Let's not make this about the elections, okay? I like Rand Paul and Donald Trump. You're probably a Lindsay Graham warmonger, no big deal, but this is not the place to discuss that. Stay on topic, buddy.

I'm sorry, but fucking Trump?

FUCK Rand Paul.

Back