* Stitch fired by UFC *

the thing is English is clearly his first language, which makes all this twice as funny.

Absolutely, right, bro! That being said, the people who are most often mad about the UFC have been mad a for many many years, my man. Many of these include the lightweight libertarians who I was talking about earlier who are not in fact customers of the UFC as they rarely contribute to the pie. In other words, guys, what I'm saying here it doesn't matter how angry you are here on Sherdog forums, you're not in a position of power, moral, monetary or otherwise, and this whole boycott thing won't make a dent in the UFC numbers.

That's free market, fellows. Guys get hired, guys get fired. Deal with it.

Your right, I don't know the demographics of their customer base but I am sure a lot of them are on sites like this. I can't say anything definite about this without a lot of data but I can have a gut feeling about this. I think there are enough customers who are concerned to have an impact on the bottom line. We will just have to see how big that impact is.

In a free market there is no copyright, IP, Limited Liability and there are no corporations whatsoever. These are all PROTECTIONS from the free market granted so generously by the people/government.

There is no right to corporate status and there are no rights to have government grant you a monopoly on ideas and products, despite Libertarians thinking they are entitled to certain government protections and intrusions in the government while getting rid of all the protections for everyone else.

When a big business tries to influence a statesman, and I use the word statesman very deliberately here, my man, it's up to the statesman to stand his ground and represent the people who elected him in the first place. It's not the fault of the person who asks, man. The problem is the people who give. And that's crooked politicians we're talking about right here. We need smaller government, less arbitrary regulation, and more freedom. Bottom line, buddy.

So is no doggy here going to call this numbnuts TS on his support for that clown Trump? "it's all just business"? Yep, and running the US is just like running a business, is it? (you can go bust, and start again, and call for bankruptcy, and then start over, etc.). I cannot wait for my Ozy dollars to be worth more than the US dollar again. It's well overdue... Please vote Trump, like shit-fer-brains TS! Please! The media did him bad, see? He meant it well!

I clicked and after 2 sentences realized this is a Hammurabi thread without even looking at the poster, I mean that as a compliment oc, your material is usually well written and thought out. Anyway, I'm not sure anyone here really thinks there will be any type of catastrophic fallout from the Stitch firing, moreover it seems to be a part of that big snowball that the entire Reebok deal has become. It seems to be having much more of a negative perceptual effect on the hard cores and guys who browse forums than we will give credit for. While I get that Zuffa is an international corporation with a large and far reaching target audience, the fact remains that fans are pissed, Zuffa keeps making bone headed moves, Dana keeps running his mouth, and all the while the UFC comes off as appearing like they think they can do anything they want and it will be inconsequential. "It's our company and we will run it as we please", this mentality will eventually catch up to those decision makers and bite them in the arse... Will that happen 6 weeks from now, or 6 years from now? Who knows, but the point is the situation that Zuffa has placed themselves in seems to be building like a pressure cooker without a safety release valve, if they continue to administer the heat then it's eventually going to blow.

***Edit*** BTW, I refuse to touch politics on a message board. My line of work requires me not to do so.

In a free market there is no copyright, IP, Limited Liability and there are no corporations whatsoever. These are all PROTECTIONS from the free market granted so generously by the people/government.

There is no right to corporate status and there are no rights to have government grant you a monopoly on ideas and products, despite Libertarians thinking they are entitled to certain government protections and intrusions in the government while getting rid of all the protections for everyone else.

Almost all Economists think the free market has five weaknesses. The free market economists out there think those other forums have even greater weaknesses. The lack of IP rights discourage innovation that you benefit from.

So is no doggy here going to call this numbnuts TS on his support for that clown Trump? "it's all just business"? Yep, and running the US is just like running a business, is it? (you can go bust, and start again, and call for bankruptcy, and then start over, etc.). I cannot wait for my Ozy dollars to be worth more than the US dollar again. It's well overdue... Please vote Trump, like shit-fer-brains TS! Please! The media did him bad, see? He meant it well!

Wtf are you talking about douche bag? Why would I vote for trump? Your ozy dollars won't be worth shit because that country isn't worth shit just like you aren't worth shit

Bloodlines?! What are you? English nobleman? Good God, bro, this is no medieval times we're living in here. This is America where merits and work ethic matter more than "bloodlines" or inheritance wealth. You go ahead and vote for Hillary, no big deal, but don't blame me when this modern day Greece on Steroids gets an erectal disfunction. Now that being said, guys, let's get back on topic and discuss the topic at hand which is a man firing another man in this country.

Your right, I don't know the demographics of their customer base but I am sure a lot of them are on sites like this. I can't say anything definite about this without a lot of data but I can have a gut feeling about this. I think there are enough customers who are concerned to have an impact on the bottom line. We will just have to see how big that impact is.

At the end of the day, bro, their customers are looking to see great fights. They are not there to weight on whether it was a right thing to do to fire a certain guy or not. Whether a certain sponsorship deal is a good thing or not. These are concerns for a certain group of White Knight people with a lot of spare time in their hands and often not so much spare cash in their hands. Most of their paying customers are hard working people who want to come home on the weekend, grab a few beers with the dudes, kick back and enjoy great fights.

Nothing you said is wrong on its face, but the implications from your statement are patethetic and demonstrate that you haven't developed fully as a thinker. Drop the books, the libertarian podcasts, or wherever it is that you have developed this line of thinking and join the real world. Stitch is not "any other mexican" that got laid off. He is a public figure for a company who draws its earnings and reputation from the public.

The UFC and Reebok (especially reebok in this instance) are open to public scrutiny based off of their actions. Reebok entered into this agreement with the UFC knowing full well that they would be in heavy conflict with the fighters and other employees and they are reaping what they sowed. A 70 Million dollar 6 year deal was too good to be true, but they signed the dotted line anyways. The UFC sold a product that they didn't own prior and that they were going to cede the money to the fighters anyways (fighter uniforms) so the price was meaningless to them. For comparison Reebok paid Sidney Crosby the same amount per year as they do for the entire UFC roster. Their are several individual fighters within the UFC that are bigger worldwide names that Sid the kid is and Reebok jumped at this cheap offer knowing full well it wasn't going to be smooth sailing. You appear to be saying that the free market demands that nobody organize, speak up or even express their feelings about an action made by a market participant. That is the exact opposite of how free markets (in the true libertarian sense) are supposed to work.

Your "understanding" of the situation, or of capitalism for that matter, has barely left the starting gates. Further, your attempt at forcing a rationalization and viewpoint onto an entire population based off of what you believe to be the case is more akin to facism than libertarianism.

Well said, however.

Don't argue with idiots (TS). They'll bring you down to their level...

And beat you with experience.

I wonder if people realize the number of 18th cousins you could have would make a decent size nation?

You can wear suits..........

Is that something you guys decided when Conor said he was gonna wear a suit? "Yeah I'm not gonna wear my reebok kit." "That's ok Conor you can do whatever you want, your balls taste so good." I don't recall any one else wearing a suit. If you're going to require everyone to be uniform than don't make a grey area. Pansys

Conor Mcgregor was allowed to wear a suit pre fight and at the pressed that didn't have reebok on it while everyone was required to wear a reebok kit. Stitch has been around for years and I'm sure he had a contract of some sort that didn't require him to wear a stupid ass reebok cut man vest. He should sue UFC for contract breach and make a point not everyone is forced to follow the same rules(Conor)

That's some high level stupid you got brewing there TS. If an existing contract was breached, I'm sure Stitch would seek relief as anyone would. The idea that Conor did it so Stitch can do it is very schoolyard.

Stitch was most likely contracted event to event with no existing long term deal in place.

I clicked and after 2 sentences realized this is a Hammurabi thread without even looking at the poster, I mean that as a compliment oc, your material is usually well written and thought out. Anyway, I'm not sure anyone here really thinks there will be any type of catastrophic fallout from the Stitch firing, moreover it seems to be a part of that big snowball that the entire Reebok deal has become. It seems to be having much more of a negative perceptual effect on the hard cores and guys who browse forums than we will give credit for. While I get that Zuffa is an international corporation with a large and far reaching target audience, the fact remains that fans are pissed, Zuffa keeps making bone headed moves, Dana keeps running his mouth, and all the while the UFC comes off as appearing like they think they can do anything they want and it will be inconsequential. "It's our company and we will run it as we please", this mentality will eventually catch up to those decision makers and bite them in the arse... Will that happen 6 weeks from now, or 6 years from now? Who knows, but the point is the situation that Zuffa has placed themselves in seems to be building like a pressure cooker without a safety release valve, if they continue to administer the heat then it's eventually going to blow.

***Edit*** BTW, I refuse to touch politics on a message board. My line of work requires me not to do so.

Fair enough, bro. I'm not saying Zuffa is perfect or anything but as I argued before, this specific incident won't make a dent in their numbers no matter how angry the people who are ALWAYS angry at UFC are over this particular incident. Most people just want to kickback after a long weekend and watch great fights. These are the same people who are willing to pay for the event as they disposable cash and they value the convenience.

Wtf are you talking about douche bag? Why would I vote for trump? Your ozy dollars won't be worth shit because that country isn't worth shit just like you aren't worth shit

3c8cf3fd2945965421e82537924291a8.jpg

At the end of the day, bro, their customers are looking to see great fights. They are not there to weight on whether it was a right thing to do to fire a certain guy or not. Whether a certain sponsorship deal is a good thing or not. These are concerns for a certain group of White Knight people with a lot of spare time in their hands and often not so much spare cash in their hands. Most of their paying customers are hard working people who want to come home on the weekend, grab a few beers with the dudes, kick back and enjoy great fights.

But many customers do weigh many things beyond the product, it depends on the market. The customer has many times passed judgement no matter if it is right or wrong so it is something that has to be considered. If things the company beyond the product didn't ever matter there would not be as much invested in PR.

If you were not so stupid, you would read what Stich said before making such asinine statement.
There was nothing negative or inflamatory about it.
If anything, he defended the UFC and said there was no malice by the company.
He simply stated facts. The fact he lost his sponsor's money and got nothing from the deal.
He said it matter-of-factly and never complained about it.

So not only your stupid rant is about something you did not read, but you are so stupid, that your title is already wrong (hint: if you COULD care less, that means you DO care).

Youre right, he did nothing wrong, only I am in error. Im so sorry for my inconsideration, forgive me.

When a big business tries to influence a statesman, and I use the word statesman very deliberately here, my man, it's up to the statesman to stand his ground and represent the people who elected him in the first place. It's not the fault of the person who asks, man. The problem is the people who give. And that's crooked politicians we're talking about right here. We need smaller government, less arbitrary regulation, and more freedom. Bottom line, buddy.

I agree, doesn't have much to do with my previous post though.

So you are for getting rid of all corporations, all copyrights, intellectual property, and all limited liability status? Let the free market decide.

UFC can put out their $60 ppv and others will put out free streams and let the market decide?
As a libertarian i would hope that you wouldn't support Zuffa crying to the government about not protecting their government granted monopoly on a product.

Back