* Stitch fired by UFC *

Not sure how old TS is, but I'm shocked there are grownups still screwing up the "couldn't care less" expression. Doubly shocked that TS still doesn't understand or acknowledge his mistake after a dozen corrections.

TS, I'm with you on Stitch man. UFC pays him. UFC is the customer, and Stitch is the vendor. And if a vendor disrespects a customer, then customer should take his business elsewhere.

But you were wrong on the expression. That alone isn't a big deal. But why not accept the feedback and improve yourself? Learn from your mistakes and evolve. It's simple.

Here's the deal, bro, and I'm gonna lay it down straight. If you really want something to do with your life, bro, a reason to live so to speak besides acting tough online talking trash about mentally handicapped individuals that is. If, and this is a big IF, my man, let's say you'd be willing to grow a full head of hair, nice moustache, let's say you go to the Lord's house every other Sunday, not even every sunday no big deal, and you develop that protestant work ethic. Now if you were to give me call after that, I MIGHT even hire you despite your past. Now that being said, I'm not sure you're man enough to take the necessary steps to bring you closer to success. Peace, bro, and I really hope you change and if you do send me a PM. We'll talk, I'm a reasonable man.

Sounds great bro, i'll definitely hold you to your offer, buddy, if i ever find myself abroad, after having suffered a massive stroke of the brain, which could possible lead me wanting to start attending weekly indoctrination sessions at the local yeehaw club.

Keep it chill bro, and remember, stay armed and keep that shit loaded! Buddy

First of all, not all entrepreneurs are super rich. There are people who might have just a few employees under their belts, bro, and for some reason this society doesn't accept the RIGHT they have as men and women, I'm no being misogynist here, to CHOOSE who they want to hire based on ANY criteria they choose to! And that's wrong right there, bro, and you know it as well as I do deep inside your democrat heart.

And what comes with that package, according to your man Rand Paul, is that we allow a return to segregationist practices where restaurant owners are free to force blacks to sit in the black-only section (if they want to get served), or adopt a policy of "no blacks allowed". No thank you! (And I say this as a white man).

this society doesn't accept the RIGHT they have as men and women, I'm no being misogynist here, to CHOOSE who they want to hire based on ANY criteria they choose to!

I keep saying this to Libertarians, and it never sinks in. You don't have any rights except for what comes from government. Rights are not an existential feature of nature. People fought for rights, and voted for rights, and got them written into laws and constitutions. That's where rights come from. You may think people SHOULD automatically have certain rights, or that it is PROPER that they have automatically have certain rights, but you don't--in the real world--automatically have a "RIGHT as men and women" as you claim. That's a Libertarian fairy tale that they LOVE to lay on people.

You don't have a right to choose to hire anybody you want based on any criteria you choose. Not in the US. That's the real world. To claim otherwise is just to evoke Libertarian mythology. There are no such rights until the society one lives in, through government, gives them to you. Rights don't come from God nor from nature... they come from government (and people who change government).

Boycott the next PPV in order to 'bringbok' Stitch and Bert. The UFC's hierarchy sole focus is financial gain. Consequently, vote with your greenback!

Dana has the legal right to fire anyone for just about any reason.

You said he has the "moral right" which most of us disagree. Morals are subject to interpretation, and most of us agree it was a shitty thing to do.

and since you're such a free market person, i am assuming you are against IP/copyrights which are government intrusions into the free market place and you support all forms of distribution. Let the free market decide right?

I still dont get this, the rapid love for stitch is insane. Its like he is mother therasa or something.People just dont have actual things to argue with the TS so they come up with spelling/grammar issues, totally irrelevant things.

Thats the shertard way.

So ever since Uncle Dana fired the cutman known as "Stitch" and told him outright that his services would no longer be required, a lot of White Knights come out of the woodwork here on Sherdog forums making these bold statements: "You're a jackass if you support the UFC and Reebok, man!" "ALL the fighters know Stitch didn't deserve to get fired!" Now that, in and of itself, is not a big deal, guys, we see those kind of reactions all the time here. Moreover, it's a free country, guys. Now what concerns me though is that when I browse through these forums, man, I see a lot of confused people. People who ain't got their priorities in order! What concerns me even more, as a libertarian, is that we've got a bunch of lightweight libertarians here, you know the "Bitcoin, piracy, japanase cartoon, pro wrestling, "I don't give a fuck" tough guy crowd, who don't understand what it means to be a responsible libertarian in the modern world. What it means to be a man, guys. Now that being said, I feel compelled to dispel a couple of misconceptions about this whole ordeal.

Firstly, let me just say this. As a man Dana White has all the moral right in the world to fire anyone, anytime, for whatever reason he sees fit. He's the President, guys. Now for whatever reason, this country has established "laws" preventing someone to fire another person's ass because they happen to be a woman, a mexican, a muslim, handicapped, gay, you name it guys! And don't get me wrong, and don't misquote me like the media did with Candidate Trump, guys, because I LOVE everybody. That being said, just like a man has the RIGHT to choose who he works for, a man has the RIGHT to choose who works under him. Just facts, guys, let's not get emotional over this, okay?

Second thing is this whole Reebok conspiracy angle, and I'm not gonna even comment on this childish new world oder stuff I've seen posted all around these forums. That's just mind blowingly simplistic thinking, guys. Whoever think there a conspiracy here is a baby in the world of business. Now what's a more interesting argument flying around here is the fact that a lot of Sherdoggers like to post Tweets and other cute stuff showing how "all the fighters are supporting Stitch, the victim, dude!" First of all, bro, Stitch is not a victim because it's how the free market works in the REAL world. Secondly, guys, let's not be naive here, okay? I mean these are fighters we're talking about here. Prize fighters! And you expect them to weight in, in a nuanced and balanced way in complicated issues like these? Guys, let's not be babies, these are not doctors, these are not MBAs, and these are not Scientists we're talking about here.

Let me just finish by making it clear right now that there's NOT going to be any grand boycott. There's not gonna be any dent in the numbers of the UFC. Moreover, there wasn't any injustice done. This is free market guys. Stitch will most likely find a new job and be fine with it. Just because he's a mexican and gets fired by Uncle Dana doesn't mean it's any different, morally speaking, to all the downsizings going on throughout the world as we speak, man! It's the free market. Deal with it.

Please don't call yourself a libertarian.

And what comes with that package, according to your man Rand Paul, is that we allow a return to segregationist practices where restaurant owners are free to force black to sit in the black-only section (if they want to get served), or adopt a policy of "no blacks allowed". No thank you!

I keep saying this to Libertarians, and it never sinks in. You don't have any rights except for what comes from government. Rights are not an existential feature of nature. People fought for rights, and voted for rights, and got them written into laws and constitutions. That's where rights come from. You may think people SHOULD automatically have certain rights, or that it is PROPER that they have automatically have certain rights, but you don't--in the real world--automatically have a "RIGHT as men and women" as you claim. That's a Libertarian fairy tale that they LOVE to lay on people.

You don't have a right to choose to hire anybody you want based on any criteria you choose. Not in the US. That's the real world. To claim otherwise is just to evoke Libertarian mythology. There are no such rights until the society one lives in, through government, gives them to you. Rights don't come from God nor from nature... they come from government.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

You cared enough to start a shit thread tho?

That's what I can't figure out. Stitch seems like a good bloke, who does his job well, and is generally well liked and respected by the mma community, especially the fighters. Yet TS is so offended, he wants everyone to know he doesn't care. Brilliant. Real classy guy TS is

rand-paul-racism3.jpg

Firing stitch was a bad move because the negative PR from his firing far outweighed the negative PR from Stitch's interview. It was an overreaction in my opinion or maybe it was the UFC wanting to send a bigger message to their other employees that they must toe the company line in public and in their interviews. The only issue I have with that is that the UFC has marketed Stitch on every broadcast that I can remember watching as "The best cutman in the business" now are they sacrificing the best at a vital occupation in their company to bring in someone less experienced and technically proficient?

In a free market society as long as government is not part of the exchange it is risky. You can make a lot or you can lose everything.

A free market business where government is not a part of the exchange you have to do something the customer wants in exchange for their money (productivity). You have to find away to keep the subset of people that happen to be your customers happy. If certain behaviors to staff make the customers unhappy the free market will punish you.

The UFC can fire who they want but there are consequences if enough of the customers don't like it. The UFC does have the right to fire people they think are not good for the company. The customers have the right to not buy the product.

What society thinks as a whole in a true free market does not matter, it is what your customers think that matters and it seems the customer is angry right now. People can blab rights to do this and that all they want. It does not change the fact that a free market involves voluntary exchanges and if the customer is pissed they might not volunteer to pay you for your service or product.

This is the way a free market is supposed to work, you mess up and you as a business get punished for it by a loss of cash flow, you make customers very happy and you get rewarded by customers willing to increase your cash flow.

I am not talking about things such as IP rights which is a different subject but a lot of bull is getting tossed around. Dana can fire people, the customers can hate him and are less inclined to buy the product if they don't like what Dana does. I think Dana messed up and lit a fire under the customer. Simple as that.

In a free market society as long as government is not part of the exchange it is risky. You can make a lot or you can lose everything.

A free market business where government is not a part of the exchange you have to do something the customer wants in exchange for their money (productivity). You have to find away to keep the subset of people that happen to be your customers happy. If certain behaviors to staff make the customers unhappy the free market will punish you.

The UFC can fire who they want but there are consequences if enough of the customers don't like it. The UFC does have the right to fire people they think are not good for the company. The customers have the right to not buy the product.

What society thinks as a whole in a true free market does not matter, it is what your customers think that matters and it seems the customer is angry right now. People can blab rights to do this and that all they want. It does not change the fact that a free market involves voluntary exchanges and if the customer is pissed they might not volunteer to pay you for your service or product.

This is the way a free market is supposed to work, you mess up and you as a business get punished for it by a loss of cash flow, you make customers very happy and you get rewarded by customers willing to increase your cash flow.

Absolutely, right, bro! That being said, the people who are most often mad about the UFC have been mad a for many many years, my man. Many of these include the lightweight libertarians who I was talking about earlier who are not in fact customers of the UFC as they rarely contribute to the pie. In other words, guys, what I'm saying here it doesn't matter how angry you are here on Sherdog forums, you're not in a position of power, moral, monetary or otherwise, and this whole boycott thing won't make a dent in the UFC numbers.

That's free market, fellows. Guys get hired, guys get fired. Deal with it.

That guy got nothing but respect from the UfC. The commentators would always hype him up whenever he appeared on screen and made him out to be the best cut-guy in the world and a valued/vital member of the team. In return, he speaks out against their sponsorship arrangement like a little bitch.

Change will always affect people in one way or another but this deal is obviously important to the company as a whole, 'Stitch' should have known better than to be a negative Nancy towards the organization that actually made him famous.

To all the people screaming for Danas head, get real. All you keyboard warriors, why dont you do something similar to what Stitch did at your own jobs and see how it works out for you. I too am an independent contractor and i know for certain that were i to speak out against the company that pays me, well, i wouldnt be surprised if they decided to no longer contract me either.

On to the next.

If you were not so stupid, you would read what Stich said before making such asinine statement.
There was nothing negative or inflamatory about it.
If anything, he defended the UFC and said there was no malice by the company.
He simply stated facts. The fact he lost his sponsor's money and got nothing from the deal.
He said it matter-of-factly and never complained about it.

So not only your stupid rant is about something you did not read, but you are so stupid, that your title is already wrong (hint: if you COULD care less, that means you DO care).

In a free market there is no copyright, IP, Limited Liability and there are no corporations whatsoever. These are all PROTECTIONS from the free market granted so generously by the people/government.

There is no right to corporate status and there are no rights to have government grant you a monopoly on ideas and products, despite Libertarians thinking they are entitled to certain government protections and intrusions in the free market while getting rid of all the protections for everyone else.

Back