* Stitch fired by UFC *

TS is a moron, a typical zuffa shill moron. With shitty opinions, based on conjecture and is the type who loves the sound of his own voice and others be damned if they have an opinion different from them.

/ end thread

Yeah I do and if there was a breach of contract then it's against the law. I don't know if there was or not though

There wasn't. There was no contract because he was never an employee. They didn't "fire" him. Someone simply told him he would no longer be used at UFC events.

You should sue too,for being hurt little fanboy.

No

It is funny how libertarians make people mad though, I'm not even a libertarian but you guys rustle a lot of jimmies

Absolutely. It's because people think we, the people who want more freedom, don't want to take care of the less fortunate. That's simply not true, bro. Case in point that welfare bigot who's living off others' money while at the same time openly discriminating against mentally handicapped people who in fact REALLY need the help. And oh yeah, he's living in one of the most infamous welfare state in God's green earth. The fact is some people are going to be bad actors and some people are going to be great, neighbour loving people no matter what kind restrictions you may or may not have. I simply want to have more freedom and opportunity for everyone, and yeah that includes more freedom to do good in this world.

Is that something you guys decided when Conor said he was gonna wear a suit?

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-outfitting-policy-frequently-asked-questions

15. Can athletes wear a suit to the UFC Press Conferences?
Yes, athletes may wear suits and other business casual apparel for the UFC Press Conferences as long as the product is unbranded and there are no visible logos, trademarks, commercially identifiable patterns and designs or distinct visual DNA.

enhanced-32005-1422840611-40.jpg

well i was close with my guess i thought it would be a picture of the just bleed god

TS is a moron, a typical zuffa shill moron. With shitty opinions, based on conjecture and is the type who loves the sound of his own voice and others be damned if they have an opinion different from them.

/ end thread

Don't you just love, guys, when a white belt announces the end of thread after a completely horrendously argued and misinformed point.

Schoolyard? If there is a uniform rule in place then there should be no grey area. Conor was the only one wearing a suit, so I find it hard to believe that it's that or the reebok kits. Just like herb dean getting on Mendes for covering Conors mouth during the fight when that's not illegal. I guess golden boy gets his very own rules. Can't wait for Frankie to smart him. Hope there are more doctor stoppages now that stitch is gone too cause cuts don't get the attention they need between rounds. Stitch had been a company man since he started being apart of the tap out movement while I don't like tap out it doesn't change the fact mask is in the HOF. But to fire stitch for not wearing a reebok vest is stupid. His vest is iconic and he's a cut man. Don't like that he's not wearing reebok than don't show him between rounds Jesus lol

Yes Schoolyard. The idea that everyone is equal and governed by the same rule set. McGregor and Stitch almost certainly have agreements that vary greatly. It's not one rule in place for all contractors crossing various organizational functions.

It's also a jump to say Stitch was "fired" because he wouldn't wear a Reebok vest. He just isn't going to be offered new contracts likely related to his public comments. Stitch, to my knowledge, never refused to wear something.

Stitch only covers one corner, the other corner has always had good hand wrapping and cut treatment, there is no reason to think that there isn't a third person who can also manage that task.

Lastly, Mendes as warned for putting his fingers in the cut.

You seem pretty emotional.

Hes a contractor, the ufc decided not to contract him any more he can't sue for shit. Well its america and you can probably sue for anything but still.

haha that side convo is great, are you a woman?? imma kill you!!!, you can't kill a chicken...... im kill you!

We should gather up all the fans that are mad about stitch and then just eliminate them. That way what's left will be intelligent fight fans.

I don't think anybody is arguing that the UFC doesn't have the right to fire Stitch or screw over the fighters in general with respect to sponsorship... It's their company and they are free to do whatever they want w/in the confines of the law.

What most are saying is that they are douche bags for doing so... and that most of us will enjoy seeing the backlash against the UFC and Rebok.

TS, how much does the UFC pay you to post?
Hopefully more than $2,500 a thread right??

Amen! And I think most fight fans agree with you 100%. It's that small crown of White Knights who are already pissed off about the UFC, who are now even more pissed off over this Stitch thing. That being said, bro, do you really think these White Knights have a lot of money in their hands? Do you really think they've been paying jack shit for the fights? NOPE. Zero.

Reebok seem worried enough about it that they felt the need to issue a statement on the matter and effectively shift the blame onto the ufc. I'll be surprised if the ufc do nothing to address all the criticism around the whole thing. the fallout while small on scale could provide a catalyst that could lose the ufc $'s and even make reebok think twice about the deal in the long term. It's silly to make these statements like they are facts so soon after this has happened. all we can do is wait and see the consequences.

No

It is funny how libertarians make people mad though, I'm not even a libertarian but you guys rustle a lot of jimmies

For the record, I tend to be a libertarian when it comes to most things. I fully believe that we should be as free as possible... but imho... part of that entails dealing with the consequences of the decisions you make with said freedom. You are free to be a sh*t head... but others are free to treat you as such.

Reebok seem worried enough about it that they felt the need to issue a statement on the matter and effectively shift the blame onto the ufc. I'll be surprised if the ufc do nothing to address all the criticism around the whole thing. the fallout while small on scale could provide a catalyst that could lose the ufc $'s and even make reebok think twice about the deal in the long term. It's silly to make these statements like they are facts so soon after this has happened. all we can do is wait and see the consequences.

Let me tell you something, bro. UFC as a company is not a Redditesque house of cards that crumbles on its own stupidity once a few White Knights get angry over a non-issue, buddy. I said non-issue because that's exactly what this is, bro. Speaking of Reddit, what made the whole thing as tragically ridiculous is the fact that their interim CEO was the same woman who sued Kleiner Perkins for discriminating against HER. My God, guys, let's understand it. A man has all the right in the world to fire a man OR a woman who works for him for whatever reason he chooses to.

There's not gonna be a Redditesque fallout. Uncle Dana's not gonna break. There's not gonna be any White Knight wet dreams where UFC numbers sink. Guy, it's all a fantasy. Let's move on.

Back