Bizarre Cases of the missing and murdered

Aw man, what punk ass low-life. Any details on HOW EARONS subdued the husband?

Probably the same way people are subdued all the time. In through a window or whatever entry point, approach sleeping couple, club husband over the head, tie him up. That is the scary reality. The reality that every time you go to sleep at night feeling like you are safe, you may not be.

BTK killer installed home security systems. :icon_lol:

The most interesting I think is dis shit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taman_Shud_Case

This is just one of many Adelaide tales.

One should also look into the "family murders", a group of high class pedophiles who ran a rape and murder syndicate (google von einman), Beaumont children and more recently a little girls corpse who was found on a rural highway. Many of the disappearances can in one way or another be linked back to von einman.

My family has done business in Adelaide since the 1940s and it truly is an amazing place full of fucked up mysteries. Even it's non mysteries, like the bodies in a barrel murders are pretty messed up. Supposedly it had the highest per capita of serial murderers in the world.

Btw Sommerton beach is lovely.

You can file this under WTF.

Woo Bum-kon

Woo_Bum-kon.jpg

Prelude

Woo had an argument with his live-in girlfriend, Chun Mal-soon (전말순), on the afternoon of April 26, 1982, after she had woken him by swatting a fly on his chest. Enraged, he left the house and went to the police station, where he reported for duty at 4:00 p.m. According to early reports, he began drinking heavily, though eyewitnesses later stated that Woo did not appear drunk during his rampage, and according to local officials, he would have been unable to cover 4 km of difficult, rocky terrain while intoxicated.

At about 7:30 p.m., Woo returned home, punched and kicked his girlfriend and smashed the furniture, before making his way to the reservists' armory and gathered several weapons, consisting of two M2 carbines, 144 or 180 rounds of ammunition, and seven hand grenades. Some reports stated that the other officers were at a meeting, and he therefore managed to grab the weapons unnoticed,[5] though others mentioned that he had intimidated the guards to gain access.[citation needed]
Rampage begins

At approximately 9:30 p.m., Woo shot his first victim and entered the local post office, where he killed three phone operators and cut off the telephone lines. He next went to Torongni, where he threw a grenade and shot at passers-by in the marketplace, killing six people. He also wounded Chun Mal-soon, who had gone to investigate after hearing shots in the village. From that point on, he proceeded from village to village, taking advantage of his position as a police officer to gain entry to the houses and shoot their inhabitants.

At 10:30 p.m., Woo took 18-year-old Kim Ju-dong (김주동) hostage and moved to Ungye-Ri (운계리), where he ordered the boy to get him a soft drink from a grocery store owned by 52-year-old Shin We-do (신외도). After getting what he had asked for, Woo killed the boy and then attacked the store owner and his family. Shin We-do managed to escape after being shot in the leg, though his wife Son Won-jeom (손원점) and his daughters Chang-sun (창순) and Su-jeong (수정) were killed.[6] Woo continued his shooting at the market-place, killing a total of 18 people in that village, before making his way towards Pyongchon-Ni (평촌리).

At Pyongchon-Ni, he shot a family of four in their beds and then went to a house, where a wake was in progress. When the owner of the house saw the armed policeman and asked what had happened, Woo explained that there was an alert as North Korean agents had been spotted. The man invited Woo into the house for dinner, during which the latter complained about his small salary and his transfer from Pusan to the countryside. Woo eventually began shooting at the guests after one of them had remarked that his ammunition didn't look real. He killed twelve people in the house and a further eight in the streets, thus leaving a total of 24 people dead in Pyongchon.
Police response, suspect's death

Although police were alerted within minutes of the first shots being fired, it took them an hour to gather a team of 37 officers to search for the gunman, and the national police headquarters in Seoul were not informed until 1:40 a.m.[7] Around that time, just 2.5 miles from the police station in Kungryu, Woo found refuge in a farmhouse belonging to 68-year-old Suh In-Su (서인수), whom he told that he was chasing a Communist infiltrator, and that the family should gather in the main room of the house so he could protect them. When the family gathered at his request, he held them hostage.

Two hours later, police eventually caught up with him, and as forces closed in, Woo detonated two grenades, killing himself and three of his hostages. Mr. Suh himself survived gravely injured.[8] Four rounds of ammunition and one hand grenade were recovered by police from inside the farmhouse.[6]
Immediate aftermath

When the rampage finally ended, 55 people and Woo himself were dead, while 36 others were wounded, six of them seriously. One of the injured, a child who had been shot, died on May 8, bringing the number of people killed by the gunman to 56. At that time, 35 people were still being treated in hospitals in Jinju and Masan.[9]

Chun Mal-soon later said that her boyfriend "suffered from an inferiority complex and had been bothered by villagers' comments on their living together unmarried". Later on, the provincial chief of police was suspended, and four other officers were arrested for negligence of duty.[3][10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woo_Bum-kon#Prelude

The rapist is most likely a cop.

I was just thinking this. The ability to transfer police departments/precincts like that has always been heavily used in California. He easily could have just moved from town to town, raping and killing. Also, being a cop and wanting power. All ties in.

Woo Bum-kon

Woo_Bum-kon.jpg

Prelude

Woo had an argument with his live-in girlfriend, Chun Mal-soon (전말순), on the afternoon of April 26, 1982, after she had woken him by swatting a fly on his chest. Enraged, he left the house and went to the police station, where he reported for duty at 4:00 p.m. According to early reports, he began drinking heavily, though eyewitnesses later stated that Woo did not appear drunk during his rampage, and according to local officials, he would have been unable to cover 4 km of difficult, rocky terrain while intoxicated.

At about 7:30 p.m., Woo returned home, punched and kicked his girlfriend and smashed the furniture, before making his way to the reservists' armory and gathered several weapons, consisting of two M2 carbines, 144 or 180 rounds of ammunition, and seven hand grenades. Some reports stated that the other officers were at a meeting, and he therefore managed to grab the weapons unnoticed,[5] though others mentioned that he had intimidated the guards to gain access.[citation needed]
Rampage begins

At approximately 9:30 p.m., Woo shot his first victim and entered the local post office, where he killed three phone operators and cut off the telephone lines. He next went to Torongni, where he threw a grenade and shot at passers-by in the marketplace, killing six people. He also wounded Chun Mal-soon, who had gone to investigate after hearing shots in the village. From that point on, he proceeded from village to village, taking advantage of his position as a police officer to gain entry to the houses and shoot their inhabitants.

At 10:30 p.m., Woo took 18-year-old Kim Ju-dong (김주동) hostage and moved to Ungye-Ri (운계리), where he ordered the boy to get him a soft drink from a grocery store owned by 52-year-old Shin We-do (신외도). After getting what he had asked for, Woo killed the boy and then attacked the store owner and his family. Shin We-do managed to escape after being shot in the leg, though his wife Son Won-jeom (손원점) and his daughters Chang-sun (창순) and Su-jeong (수정) were killed.[6] Woo continued his shooting at the market-place, killing a total of 18 people in that village, before making his way towards Pyongchon-Ni (평촌리).

At Pyongchon-Ni, he shot a family of four in their beds and then went to a house, where a wake was in progress. When the owner of the house saw the armed policeman and asked what had happened, Woo explained that there was an alert as North Korean agents had been spotted. The man invited Woo into the house for dinner, during which the latter complained about his small salary and his transfer from Pusan to the countryside. Woo eventually began shooting at the guests after one of them had remarked that his ammunition didn't look real. He killed twelve people in the house and a further eight in the streets, thus leaving a total of 24 people dead in Pyongchon.

Although police were alerted within minutes of the first shots being fired, it took them an hour to gather a team of 37 officers to search for the gunman, and the national police headquarters in Seoul were not informed until 1:40 a.m.[7] Around that time, just 2.5 miles from the police station in Kungryu, Woo found refuge in a farmhouse belonging to 68-year-old Suh In-Su (서인수), whom he told that he was chasing a Communist infiltrator, and that the family should gather in the main room of the house so he could protect them. When the family gathered at his request, he held them hostage.

Two hours later, police eventually caught up with him, and as forces closed in, Woo detonated two grenades, killing himself and three of his hostages. Mr. Suh himself survived gravely injured.[8] Four rounds of ammunition and one hand grenade were recovered by police from inside the farmhouse.[6]
Immediate aftermath

When the rampage finally ended, 55 people and Woo himself were dead, while 36 others were wounded, six of them seriously. One of the injured, a child who had been shot, died on May 8, bringing the number of people killed by the gunman to 56. At that time, 35 people were still being treated in hospitals in Jinju and Masan.[9]

Chun Mal-soon later said that her boyfriend "suffered from an inferiority complex and had been bothered by villagers' comments on their living together unmarried". Later on, the provincial chief of police was suspended, and four other officers were arrested for negligence of duty.[3][10]

Holy fuck.

Woo Bum-kon

Woo_Bum-kon.jpg

Prelude

Rampage begins

Immediate aftermath

This and the Junko Furuta torture are the worst things I think I've ever read. Jesus Christ.

Two women are murdered in Kyoto on May 3, 1979. Both women work at the local grocery store and decided to ride their bikes to the empty hill to find bracken ferns which they hade done before. Police conducted a missing persons search and found two bodies at the top of the hill. One woman (Akashi) had a knife stab wound to the heart, the other woman (Mizuno) strangled to death. To make it even creepier a note from the grocery store was discovered in Akashi's pant pocket by police authorities. The note indicated she was being followed that day with the pencil writing, "Being followed. Please Help. This is a bad guy." To my knowledge the killer(s) were never identified or found.

http://www.tofugu.com/2013/10/04/japans-unsolved-murder-case-itching-my-teeth/

BUmOYCzCMAE25wy.png

Last edited:
Does that sound right to you? Sometimes those calls are made with a gun to the head to make others not raise alarm bells. You are telling me he left his wallet, phone etc., went for a run, and ended up in Montana.

If that's the case somebody needs to get him some help before something bad happens.

This whole shit is weird because I had heard that shit wasn't cool with him and his father, then suddenly the father tells everyone "he called, he's in Montana." The Facebook page goes from Find Michael to Michael Is Safe, half the people celebrate his being safe, the other half bitch that he wasted so many people's time and money, and then no one hears anything else.

I'm figuring if the police were willing to bust out the dogs and the choppers, they'd at least go as far as to verify he's alright.

Another odd thing is that after he was announced as safe, his personal Facebook went from the goofy fake screenname he used to his real name, and he deleted about 2/3 of his friends, myself included.

Definitely fishy shit, one way or the other.

Last edited:
In regards to how messed up humans can be, there is so much horror that humans are capable of. It's just that most of us do not hear about it, so it's out of sight, out of mind.

In the vein of the Junko Furuta torture and murder...

Consider the case of a teenager in Florida who brutally raped and beat up an 8 year old and then left her under a large rock in a dumpster to die.

Or the case of a mother who was gangraped by a group of juveniles and forced to perform oral sex on her 12 year old son.

There are many cases like these. And even though the victims survived, one must wonder what the rest of their lives are going to be like. Can they ever live normal lives again?

This whole shit is weird because I had heard that shit wasn't cool with him and his father, then suddenly the father tells everyone "he called, he's in Montana." The Facebook page goes from Find Michael to Michael Is Safe, half the people celebrate his being safe, the other half bitch that he wasted so many people's time and money, and then no one hears anything else.

I'm figuring if the police were willing to bust out the dogs and the choppers, they'd at least go as far as to verify he's alright.

Another odd thing is that after he was announced as safe, his personal Facebook went from the goofy fake screenname he used to his real name, and he deleted about 2/3 of his friends, myself included.

Definitely fishy shit, one way or the other.

Yea man, now you are relaying a story that is even more strange. :icon_lol:

He goes for a run, no phone, wallet, etc., ends up in Montana. Nobody knows where he is, a search ensues, he calls and says, derp, I'm alright. The search is called off and then he changes his Facebook name and deletes his friends.

It sounds like he is involved in some seriously heavy shit, or he has had a break with reality. Or something bizarre, I don't know. The story is just really sketchy.

How did he get to Montana in running clothes with no wallet? Did he come back or is he still there?

I can never look away from these threads, even though they mess me up. I really regret reading that 44 days of torture link.

Elisa Lam is the most intriguing one for me. I'll take a look at the story about the two Dutch girls in Panama.

I can never look away from these threads, even though they mess me up. I really regret reading that 44 days of torture link.

Elisa Lam is the most intriguing one for me. I'll take a look at the story about the two Dutch girls in Panama.

Yea the link for the Dutch girls is a long read but well done, I guess by a crime writer, with tons of information. Its an extremely weird case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Gareth_Williams

Official investigation concluded it was 'probably and accident'. Wut?

I know. Fucking mental. I don't care how dark you are in your personal life, or how much S&M you're into, how the FUCK do you lock yourself inside a suitcase? How on earth can you even do that? You'd need to have one arm outside, pulling the zipper and locking the fucking thing, so you're no longer trapped, you have an arm outside! Biggest stinker of a cover-up of something I've seen.

The incident at Dyatlov Pass could have been an avalanche. It's just strange how the first ones to die had less clothes and most of them were barefoot. Apparently it was - 12 degrees Fahrenheit.

Need more!!

This threads makes the days go by faster at work.

One day I woke up missing and murdered. But then I put my wool hat on and sat on my bed while eating cereal and things just kind of worked themselves out.

Back