UFC Boxing Edition

This has nothing to do with how punishment legally should be administered and it clearly influenced their decision. You can not bring in personal vendettas into legal proceedings, that's criminal. Where is your concrete proof needed to convict this man? I don't see it anywhere and neither does anyone else, lawyers included.

Three different tests that confirm he used marijuana?

I'm wondering if the confusion here is about the fact that Diaz tested positive AT ALL. The stories seems to indicate that all 3 tests came back with some level of metabolites, the fact that it falls in line with the rules of WADA or USADA doesn't mean its OK for the NSAC.

It was sort of the opposite situation with the Floyd IV thing. Not something that NSAC punishes but USADA didn't allow it.

Its NSAC who holds the cards in these things. Not WADA/USADA.

There is a thread in the heavies right now about Dolph Lundgren vs Rousey

Three different tests that confirm he used marijuana?

I'm wondering if the confusion here is about the fact that Diaz tested positive AT ALL. The stories seems to indicate that all 3 tests came back with some level of metabolites, the fact that it falls in line with the rules of WADA or USADA doesn't mean its OK for the NSAC.

It was sort of the opposite situation with the Floyd IV thing. Not something that NSAC punishes but USADA didn't allow it.

Its NSAC who holds the cards in these things. Not WADA/USADA.

I'm not sure how you're failing to grasp this whole thing that I have laid out. Yes, he passed the two WADA tests and his threshold was below the allowance for metabolites and failed one that wasn't WADA accredited. This isn't the issue though, the issue is that you can't prove through metabolites and a urinalysis WHEN he used, and marijuana is not banned out of competition. You're right though, the NSAC doesn't have the jurisdiction to even make this punishment but they do anyways. Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAm2lKF963o

Last edited:
I'm not sure how you're failing to grasp this whole thing that I have laid out. Yes, he passed the two WADA tests and his threshold was below the allowance for metabolites and failed one that wasn't WADA accredited. This isn't the issue though, the issue is that you can't prove through metabolites and a urinalysis WHEN he used, and marijuana is not banned out of competition. You're right though, the NSAC doesn't have the jurisdiction to even make this punishment but they do anyways. Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAm2lKF963o

I asked a pretty simple question.Do thresh holds matter to the NSAC? Pretty sure they prohibit any marijuana in a fighter's system. It seems that USADA/WADA have some allowable limits.

As we learned from the Floyd IV thing, its NSAC that has the power here and their rules that ultimately matter.

Their rules state that you can't use drugs before or during competition. It doesn't outline how long before. For example, if a fighter took anabolics and tested dirty, the "What? I haven't used steroids for a month!!?!?" argument probably isn't going to save him.

Stop trying to talk down to me about Nick Diaz and a drug test.The problem seems pretty clear here. Diaz pissed positive for marijuana.

Thanks for that video, Bobby Jenks. Luke brings up some interesting discussion points in it.

I asked a pretty simple question.Do thresh holds matter to the NSAC? Pretty sure they prohibit any marijuana in a fighter's system. It seems that USADA/WADA have some allowable limits.

As we learned from the Floyd IV thing, its NSAC that has the power here and their rules that ultimately matter.

Their rules state that you can't use drugs before or during competition. It doesn't outline how long before. For example, if a fighter took anabolics and tested dirty, the "What? I haven't used steroids for a month!!?!?" argument probably isn't going to save him.

Stop trying to talk down to me about Nick Diaz and a drug test.The problem seems pretty clear here. Diaz pissed positive for marijuana.

The NSAC allows use out of competition and doesn't allow in competition. There is zero proof that he used IN competition, metabolites and a urinalysis don't provide that. I'm not talking down to you, you're just arguing for the sake or arguing when I have told you repeatedly over and over the facts which you won't acknowledge.

Back