FALLOUT 4 Official Discussion: Super Stimpak Edition

It just said you were a vet. I doubt your unit is still around lol. That might be a bit too much of a stretch. Anyway, it's just a thought I had. They showed the power armor customization right away, mentioned you were a vet, showed the pre war scene with power armor guys. I just think it's possible it plays a role early on if you want it to. Just speculating. The garage the power armor is in was in the same area as your house.

I wonder if we'll get more info prior to release. I'm curious what they're calling our character this time. We've had vault dweller, chosen one, lone wanderer and courier. What's next?

A Bethesda game coming out early and not being a buggy piece of shit would be a sign of the end times.

Haha hopefully that's why it's taken so long. PS4 games have been much more stable than PS3 for me so that's a good sign.

Hmmm didn't they have little DLC's that expanded on the world size anyways? if i recall FO:NV did which that being said not much to worry about.

I know FO3 did, I don't recall any in FONV.

I wonder if we'll get more info prior to release. I'm curious what they're calling our character this time. We've had vault dweller, chosen one, lone wanderer and courier. What's next?

I've seen them use the name Sole Survivor in some articles.

That Skyrim map in the gif is inaccurate, it shows a lot of area that is outside the playable map.

You can also find a special type of power armor in Old Olnie.

I basically never use power armors in Fallout games as I feel it's a shortcut to easier fights. That said, mandatory training also felt like a glass roof. In Fallout 2, you can basically get one during the first hour of gameplay if you know where to look.

They also look stupid. Combat armors ftw!

Enclave armor 4 eva.

Enclave armor 4 eva.

latest

lol

Sherdog has it's own tribe of Bethestards.

The underwater exploration better be what we were promised in GTA otherwise it may as well be the size of 3.

Gotta say, my hypetrain is slowing down considerably.

Will the voice character be toggleable?

Fallout 4 isn't even released and your so threatened by it. What is going on? Are your favorite games that bad?

You are the biggest fangirl and do not understand constructive criticism. And technically it is..

Is the creating buildings features and all that other minecraft-type stuff turning anyone else off just a bit? I know they say it's optional, but it feels like just having it in the game takes away from it in some form or another.

I just wanted a pure story driven single player experience, and not have it bogged down by building and modding mechanics.

Last edited:
I feel that dungeon space and instances are being neglected. Mods that add 100+ dungeon areas that would double the size of the original game have taught me that you can go up and down to add space. The over lay map could be so thick with huge girth that we underestimate it. I also feel that this size thing has something to do with dicks and what not

The game will be "fixed" by mods.

Is the creating buildings features and all that other minecraft-type stuff turning anyone else off just a bit? I know they say it's optional, but it feels like just having it in the game takes away from it in some form or another.

Hell no why should it you dont have to do it if you dont want to for some people this will add ton more play time no it does not take away from the game in anyway

You are the biggest fangirl and do not understand constructive criticism. And technically it is..

What constructive criticism? That it doesn't look good enough?

Is there any gameplay element to comment on? Well the shooting got better. We have a jet pack, adding new elements to combat. The game seems to only have improved graphically and mechanically.

Instead of comparing the obviously superior games from Bethesda to it's competitors, I'll talk about the changes that can happen.

1. Characters could have a bit more depth. In Skyrim everyone felt one dimensional. Oblivion did a MUCH better job making interesting characters. Everyone felt like they were hiding something. They were devious, even when being nice. Skyrim took a huge step back. Everyone acted like Skyrim was on their mind. It's cold, I'm for the stormcloaks, I'm against, Ulfrich, it's all everyone talked about. Talk about your neighbor spending to much time in their basement or something. Oblivion dialogue made you feel like it was a real world with it's own culture. I hope in Fallout we see this improvement. I doubt we will.

2. More options to physically alter the world. Not in a way like, I chose this option so x happened. I want to be able to burn cities down. Burn a house down. Use a bomb next to a wooden shack, it should blow a hole in the wall or destroy the shack. The more options I have that are like real life, the more I can role play. Of course other games don't have this. It's all scripted. But it would be nice to see. Battlefront has this a little bit, I'd like to see more.

3. More unique fun items. Especially in Elder Scrolls games. They do a a pretty great job making exploring fun, they've improved a lot game to game. But not because of items you find. Fallout adds fun guns, but more fun items can always be added. The Elder Scrolls lacks in variety. Morrowind allowed you too jump super high, across areas, bring that kind of thing back. More fun physics, more absurd shit. They should spend a lot of time thinking of fun items to add. The broken paint brushes in Oblvion actually added to the game. Even if it didn't make sense. It was fun to build a staircase and climb over walls or whatever.

4. More unique bosses. This is one thing I like about the Witcher actually. The enemies should be more legendary once in awhile. Build more backstories. Keep the battle fair, but once in awhile add a fun boss. The world of the elder scrolls has a lot of options for more fun boss fights. You don't even need that many. 3 or 4. Diablo was the best at this. You felt like shit was going down when diablo said "Not even death can save you from me." Every game should attempt to give this feeling to the player at some point.

The main story lines could use a little work. I don't need an epic quest, but Skyrims really fell flat. It was the worst of the major quest lines. Two blades members? It started off interesting, but was pretty lame. This is probably my weakest recommendation, it's basically just saying write better. An Epic story isn't needed. But it'd be nice to have a bit better of a plot. The thieves guild easily out shined the main story.

I just wanted a pure story driven single player experience, and not have it bogged down by building and modding mechanics.

Not at all. I'm even more excited about the game now. As with everything that is optional, if you don't want to do it than don't. I for one cant wait to mess around with modding and building little communities.

11 minutes to traverse the map?

Dude better have been playing as the flash, amirite?

Fallout 3 + bigger world + next gen graphics + improved combat = GOTY front runner for me. The only thing I could possibly more excited for is the next TES.

Ya it turns me off a bit. It takes some immersion out. I feel like I'm playing a game more. And I get what you mean, it probably will take away from the game. But the game looks so amazing anyway it doesn't bother me.

hey guys, without having to read this entire thread, can you tell me: Have they announced a release date yet?

11 minutes to traverse the map?

Dude better have been playing as the flash, amirite?

How long would it take to cross Skyrim? An hour? I don't remember. FO3 was probably at least 30 minutes. Eleven sounds ridiculous.

I don't have a problem with the 11 minutes crap, this is fallout, shit is also up and down.

How long would it take to cross Skyrim? An hour? I don't remember. FO3 was probably at least 30 minutes. Eleven sounds ridiculous.

No mountains in Fallout 4, like Skyrim and no sprint button in 3(without mods) unlike 4.

He just sprints straight towards the bottom of the map ignoring everything.

What constructive criticism? That it doesn't look good enough?

Is there any gameplay element to comment on? Well the shooting got better. We have a jet pack, adding new elements to combat. The game seems to only have improved graphically and mechanically.

Instead of comparing the obviously superior games from Bethesda to it's competitors, I'll talk about the changes that can happen.

1. Characters could have a bit more depth. In Skyrim everyone felt one dimensional. Oblivion did a MUCH better job making interesting characters. Everyone felt like they were hiding something. They were devious, even when being nice. Skyrim took a huge step back. Everyone acted like Skyrim was on their mind. It's cold, I'm for the stormcloaks, I'm against, Ulfrich, it's all everyone talked about. Talk about your neighbor spending to much time in their basement or something. Oblivion dialogue made you feel like it was a real world with it's own culture. I hope in Fallout we see this improvement. I doubt we will.

2. More options to physically alter the world. Not in a way like, I chose this option so x happened. I want to be able to burn cities down. Burn a house down. Use a bomb next to a wooden shack, it should blow a hole in the wall or destroy the shack. The more options I have that are like real life, the more I can role play. Of course other games don't have this. It's all scripted. But it would be nice to see. Battlefront has this a little bit, I'd like to see more.

3. More unique fun items. Especially in Elder Scrolls games. They do a a pretty great job making exploring fun, they've improved a lot game to game. But not because of items you find. Fallout adds fun guns, but more fun items can always be added. The Elder Scrolls lacks in variety. Morrowind allowed you too jump super high, across areas, bring that kind of thing back. More fun physics, more absurd shit. They should spend a lot of time thinking of fun items to add. The broken paint brushes in Oblvion actually added to the game. Even if it didn't make sense. It was fun to build a staircase and climb over walls or whatever.

4. More unique bosses. This is one thing I like about the Witcher actually. The enemies should be more legendary once in awhile. Build more backstories. Keep the battle fair, but once in awhile add a fun boss. The world of the elder scrolls has a lot of options for more fun boss fights. You don't even need that many. 3 or 4. Diablo was the best at this. You felt like shit was going down when diablo said "Not even death can save you from me." Every game should attempt to give this feeling to the player at some point.

The main story lines could use a little work. I don't need an epic quest, but Skyrims really fell flat. It was the worst of the major quest lines. Two blades members? It started off interesting, but was pretty lame. This is probably my weakest recommendation, it's basically just saying write better. An Epic story isn't needed. But it'd be nice to have a bit better of a plot. The thieves guild easily out shined the main story.

holy shit, little crying fangirl. Yes the graphic's are no where near as good next gen standards, the map is a little smaller then most other games. Yes i delivered some criticism towards the game that i am gonna be buying this weekend. whats next, am i gonna get a 20 page page paper on why you suck Bethesda's dick?

Fallout 4 23% off GreenManGaming

Via No Mutants allowed (damn, are they mad there):
IGN posted some new information from Quakecon 2015. There may also be leaked audio of the Fallout 4 demo according to Reddit.

LOOTING: Looting will be in real time with no pause whatsoever.

NAMES: The 1000 Names Todd Howard mentioned will be varied; some of them are ridiculous like Mr. Fuckface!

CITIES: A bit of Diamond City was shown (Concept Art). Some attendees say that it was covered in snow. The gameplay was located in Lexington!

DIALOGUE: Dialogue will be incredibly flexible sometimes having the option to have a conversation with 2 other people at the same time.

COMPANIONS: Companions confirmed are a female named Piper located in Diamond City, a robot similar to Codsworth, and Preston Garvey who is part of a group called the Minuteman. There will also be relationships like in several of the Bioware titles.

PIP-BOY: When you look at the Pip-Boy the game will pause as in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. The inventory is also easier to get to.

ANIMATIONS: There will now be animations when you are using meds such as Stimpak. There are a lot of different animations, and they're way more detailed than before; even Dogmeat has a ton of little detailed animations for everything he does. AI will now also have the feature of jumping and climbing through some obstacles.

KARMA/REPUTATION: There'll be procedural reactions to you based off your reputation and Karma.

WEAPONS: There was an Automatic Plasma Rifle, but not really anything else. You can also find modified weapons in the Wasteland. This may depend on your luck. You can also melee with your weapon even if there's not a bayonet attached to your weapon!

PERKS/PERKS UI: 7 Categories and 10 Rows. Intimidation and Attack Dog! Perks will also be depend on your SPECIAL.

GHOULS: Ghouls have changed a lot now from their previous two appearances.

LEGENDARY: Many other enemies will be legendary. Even human-like creatures such as Ghouls.

BEHEMOTHS: Some Behemoths were unquestionably bigger than the one in the trailer. Some even say as big as they were in Fallout 3.

HACKING: Nothing special to talk about.

BOOKS: Some books are now readable.

SKILLS: No such thing anymore. Will be replaced with Perks.

holy shit, little crying fangirl. Yes the graphic's are no where near as good next gen standards, the map is a little smaller then most other games. Yes i delivered some criticism towards the game that i am gonna be buying this weekend. whats next, am i gonna get a 20 page page paper on why you suck Bethesda's dick?

Wow, you're really breaking down. Even when I insult Bethesda games in detail and praise aspects of other games you have little melt downs. I guess if you can't handle a conversation I'll leave you alone to complain about how it's not big enough or pretty enough. Great critisism BTW, really thought out

Back