PWD 248: The Roman Reigns Experience® Is Now Open

How come both Cole and KO said last night that no one has ever held the IC title and HW title at the same time?
[/img]

Old people have short memories and why god has been replaced with Google. (big G).

Yeah it is a little different situation and I can cut them some slack. It's just that image of Warrior holding both belts after beating Hogan is right up there at the top as far as Wrestlemania Moments go, at least for me.

Oh' it's a legendary moment. No question. I was a Warrior kid. I had WM6 on VHS, and must've watched that match 100 times.

Even though it didn't work out for Warrior, it's probably the best "passing the torch" match ever.

Reigns starts off the tournament by killing the Big Show

Ambrose starts off the tournament beating Breeze with a roll up

Nice way to separate the men from the boys WWE.

Might be interesting if Ambrose has an easy path to the title shot and Roman has long grinding match after match. Who turns first?

aight. neville is a really good athelte but honestly that whole parkor style annoys me for some reason idk.

I like him, but it does feel sometimes like he's doing a gymnast routine or something and his opponent is just catching him.

Oh' it's a legendary moment. No question. I was a Warrior kid. I had WM6 on VHS, and must've watched that match 100 times.

Even though it didn't work out for Warrior, it's probably the best "passing the torch" match ever.

Hogan kicked out after 3:(

plus his body is probably gonna be fucked when hes 50. should have taken a page from the book of hogan. less is more

Yep, ruined the whole match.:icon_lol:

I actually thought it was appropriate. Warrior beat him by a hair.

Question: Was that the first time ever that Hogan missed the leg drop?

Didn't you and Bubba agree on most stuff?

Not really. Think the only thing we kind of agree on is that the WWE does have a tendency to push people they like rather than the crowd. I do not think ADR or Randy Orton are over or will ever get over. Nor do I think RR is not over. I dont think hes good in the ring or particularly good at promos. But he has a x factor that most dont.

Do we have a V Bookie thread on the tournament? I'd drop 5 on Kalisto at like +450 or so.

How come both Cole and KO said last night that no one has ever held the IC title and HW title at the same time?

IMG_1882.JPG

Technically speaking, it's true. Warrior vacated the Intercontinental Title when he won the World Title.

So, when they're saying that, I think they mean that if Owens won, he wouldn't vacate the Intercontinental Title, and defend both.

Orton is hella over (though I'm not sure why at this point). Him and Ambrose always get the biggest pops

Might be interesting if Ambrose has an easy path to the title shot and Roman has long grinding match after match. Who turns first?

It could be but Reigns had a much easier time against Big Show well Ambrose was getting killed by Breeze and escaped with a roll up. I know that Ambrose's "job" was to put over Breeze in his debut match but honestly it made Ambrose look like a jobber who has no right getting far in this tournament.

Breeze should not have been in this tournament just so somebody else can make him look good well making themselves look like shit.

Only Reigns gets to look strong and that's a huge mustake. He doesn't deserve this godly push

They should have started this tournament with 32 guys if they were going to have this many matches before Survivor Series, and then lead up to the Elite 8 at the PPV.

Wyatt, Harper, New Day, Jericho, Dudleyz, Swagger, Golddust, Kane, Henry all should have been in, for starters. Could have included some NXT guys. Throw in the likes of Fandango, Slater, Ryder, etc. if you need to in order to round out the first round.

I left out Rusev, Orton and Sting, because it's my understanding that they're hurt, Taker because he's Taker, Brock because he's Brock, and he's Cena because he's on hiatus or whatever.

Ambrose injured himself on a high risk spot and was no longer physically a match for a young rookie like Breeze so he used his grit and savvy to beat him. Pretty simple story that made Breeze look good and didn't hurt Dean imo.

Brad Maddox was in the turkey costume.

[YT]XnDBofEGtW8[/YT]

Yep, ruined the whole match.:icon_lol:

I actually thought it was appropriate. Warrior beat him by a hair.

Question: Was that the first time ever that Hogan missed the leg drop?

Same here. I know Hogan improvised that on his own as a way to make him not look weak and for all the things I dislike about Hogan, I feel like you did, Heretic; made Hogan look strong yet made Warrior strong as well.

That was the first time Hogan missed the big leg drop since becoming champion in the WWF.

Sid would be the first one to kick out of the leg drop although that wasn't the initial plan.

Yeah I was disappointed that New Day didnt have a player in the game. Think they could have used a their Freebird rule to be co competitors / champions

IMG_1882.JPG

True. I guess they mean without vacating one asap. But I thought of this immediately.

Also Rollins once said no ones been "world champion" and US champ at the same time instead of WWE champ and I thought of Goldberg for the same reason as warrior... And he also vacated.

But that was just picking words apart, I know what Rollins meant

I always wondered if this was Hogan protecting himself or if it was legitimately making it look like warrior was just that little bit better that he was able to barely pin him when hogan couldn't do that to him

true, i guess i just feel that taking all of those flipping/spinning bumps has to be bad on your body

Yeah, I'm sure it does, I was just giving you a hard time.

Apparently jumping up in the air and landing on the side of your butt every night for like 25 years isn't good for you either.

Looks like my views were addressed above and on previous page as well. Good stuff

Apparently jumping up in the air and landing on the side of your butt every night for like 25 years isn't good for you either.

Macho Man reference ? Because I know towards the end of his career opponents were complaining about his Top top elbow.

thats why you have to take your vitamins and say your prayers!

Sid would be the first one to kick out of the leg drop although that wasn't the initial plan.

Dumbass, Papa Shango.:icon_lol:

I never thought much of it back then then, but watching it now I find the whole ending hilarious, as they all try to improvise the finish, while they're all probably thinking "Where the fuck is Shango?"

Macho Man reference ? Because I know towards the end of his career opponents were complaining about his Top top elbow.

[YT]Yt6Sh0k2TaA[/YT]

I think he had a full hip replacement in addition to other surgeries on his hips and back.

i know some people say that the leg drop is a weak finisher...but honestly, if a 300 pound dude dropped on your chest/throat you'd probably be hurting lol

That scream from Owens lol

i was just talking to me brother the other day about finishers and we were wondering why no one has adopted rick rudes finisher.?

that shit looked pretty legit

Back