• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Would US Sherdoggers Support A Mars Mission For 1.5 Trillion Dollars

I'd support it.

I think a moon base would have to come first though. Many decades before even thinking about colonizing Mars. To get humans to Mars, it'd be easier and cheaper to launch from the moon rather than from Earth.

I'd feel much better if that money was given to corporations or to invade another country in the Middle East.

Thats money well spent. Fuck science and discovery.

i think the US could do it alone with out help

And fuck china, we can do this all on our own. Maybe let the euros in, but not the Chinese.

I wrote that somewhere else before. I am not an American, but I would be willing to pay more taxes if it went into a manned Mars mission. Space is mankind's destiny, and the technological benefits of such large scale state-driven efforts always are huge.

So yes, by all means.
Why is space mankind's destiny?

I'd donate $1000 from Canada.

Why is space mankind's destiny?
because if we stay here we will all eventually die.
And I don't mean in a billion+ years when the sun engulfs us.
I mean in a thousand years when a comet the size of a moon crashes in to us.

I'm all for space exploration, but attempting to colonize Mars doesn't make a lot of sense to me. No matter how bad the Earth gets Mars will still be less habitable, no?
Yes can someone please explain this concept

It's one thing to get to Mars how will you feed people there

For what reasons?

1. Space exploration leads to advancements in technology and medicine for the rest of us on earth.

2. Like a previous poster mentioned, mankind's destiny lies in the stars. We were meant to explore and discover. If we're not doing that, we might as well be slinging shit with the monkeys.

because if we stay here we will all eventually die.
And I don't mean in a billion+ years when the sun engulfs us.
I mean in a thousand years when a comet the size of a moon crashes in to us.
Comet can crash into Mars as well

What's the difference?

1. Space exploration leads to advancements in technology and medicine for the rest of us on earth.

2. Like a previous poster mentioned, mankind's destiny lies in the stars. We were meant to explore and discover. If we're not doing that, we might as well be slinging shit with the monkeys.

There's so much to explore on earth like our oceans

I bet they would end up creating a black hole in the process.

Where money enters and is never to be seen again.

Any sherdoggers willing to fund this instead?

bioshock_rapture-wallpaper-1920x1080-e1366135050538.jpg

twice as much chance of having a place to live?

I'm curious about space and exploration. But I also believe I priorities like fixing and investing in earth. I.e. renewable energy fixing global warming deep sea ocean exploration.

So trillion dollars to go into space at this point would not be a higher priority for me.

Why can't we invest that money into comet detection and destruction before it crashes into earth

Back