JESSICA JONES (Cancelled After Season 3)

In order for Kilgrave to get any darker, they'd have to show him raping people.

That would have done it. Or at least being sleazy when it was against their will. My wife didn't find him that creepy either (not sure what that says about us as a couple) and we spent more time laughing at him.

Finished watching Jessica Jones last night.

Pros:

- Strong performances from everyone. Not a single weak link. Ritter was perfect in the title role and Tennant killed it(pun intended). By orders of magnitude Kilgrave is Marvel's creepiest ever Big Bad. Colter's performance makes me look forward to his Luke Cage series.

- Damn, son, this show was dark.:eek: Hope killing both her parents then telling Jessica to "Smile" was a real WTF?! moment. Hope killing herself after all Jessica had done to try and save her was a gut punch that Game of Thrones would approve of.

Even more than Daredevil, this really pushed the Rating as far as it would go. Especially the deaths of Kilgrave's parents.

Cons:

- Series was too long at thirteen episodes. Too much of the run time was filler. I don't really care about the whiny bitch hooking up with the ex-junkie. And while Patsy is cool, I could have done without the scenes between her and her mother. Also, the whole, I-have-to-let-Kilgrave-escape-so-I-can-save-people scenario was played out too many times.

- Kilgrave's death was anti-climactic. The neck snap wasn't particularly well done; for how to really sell a broken neck, watch Arnold in True Lies. Given the gore already seen in the show, I was hoping Jessica would tear Kilgrave's jaw off, rip out his tongue - as she'd threatened to do during the hospital scene - and leave him to bleed out.

Final verdict: 8/10.

Last edited:
Update: January 17, 2016

Marvel's JESSICA JONES Renewed for Season 2 on Netflix

Jessica-Jones-Season-2-Logo-Dragonlord.jpg

Netflix has put Jessica Jones back on the case, announcing that it has given a second season of 13 episodes to the series starring Krysten Ritter as a private detective with superhuman abilities.

The long-awaited renewal is not much of a surprise. Jessica Jones premiered in November to strong reviews, with Variety’s Maureen Ryan heralding it as “not just a contender for the title of best Marvel-related TV property [but] one of the year’s most distinctive new dramas.”

Part of Marvel Television’s super-powered deal with Netflix that includes four original series based on the characters in the comic giant’s universe, Jessica Jones gained attention for being one of the few comic adaptations to feature a female lead. Like Daredevil, the first series to come out of this pact, its themes and situations are darker and more sinister than more network fare.

Jessica Jones also stars Mike Colter as Luke Cage, another character from the Marvel universe, who will have his own series starting in 2016. This year also welcomes season two of Daredevil, with Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez taking over as showrunners.

Marvel's ‘Jessica Jones’ Renewed for Season 2 on Netflix

First Teaser Image for JESSICA JONES Season 2

finished it up today. overall it wasn't too bad. I liked the DD tie-in. I wonder if there will be anymore cross-overs. It seems the have some of the same territory since the nurse works in the area it seems. Good to see Killgrave get his, although I'm surprised they killed him off.

While I hope the Killgrave arc isn't returned to, I really enjoyed season one and will miss David Tennant.

I don't understand why Killgrave didn't have control of this vast, underground mob. or just walk into the mayors office (or oval office for that matter) and just run shit from behind the scenes. massive potential just wasted.

Just finished it an hour ago, agree with knight templar about the pros and cons.

Enjoyed the show for sure.

Doctor Who playing Kilgrave was not a good fit.
Not believable as a bad guy.
Ruined the series for me.

I finished the series recently and lost interest as it went on but powered through. I enjoyed the first half of the season. I really like her character, a no nonsense hot chick with super strength. I found her fight scenes almost cringeworthy. Daredevil fight scenes were awesome and here's JJ just awkwardly throwing people across rooms. I guess that might be how a super strong chick with no martial arts training might fight but it still seemed awkward.

Spoilers below
I lost interest the more Killgrave became involved. She was living with him for fuck's sake. I lost count at how many times they had him and he escaped. After a while it becomes very anti climactic.

That would have done it. Or at least being sleazy when it was against their will. My wife didn't find him that creepy either (not sure what that says about us as a couple) and we spent more time laughing at him.

I don't understand this. Killgrave was creepy as all fuck. His charm and humour were part of that, because you found yourself laughing with him while full on knowing he was a raping and murderous psychopath.

Marvel's JESSICA JONES Renewed for Season 2 on Netflix

Jessica-Jones-Season-2-Logo-Dragonlord.jpg

Netflix has put Jessica Jones back on the case, announcing that it has given a second season of 13 episodes to the series starring Krysten Ritter as a private detective with superhuman abilities.

The long-awaited renewal is not much of a surprise. Jessica Jones premiered in November to strong reviews, with Variety’s Maureen Ryan heralding it as “not just a contender for the title of best Marvel-related TV property [but] one of the year’s most distinctive new dramas.”

Part of Marvel Television’s super-powered deal with Netflix that includes four original series based on the characters in the comic giant’s universe, Jessica Jones gained attention for being one of the few comic adaptations to feature a female lead. Like Daredevil, the first series to come out of this pact, its themes and situations are darker and more sinister than more network fare.

Jessica Jones also stars Mike Colter as Luke Cage, another character from the Marvel universe, who will have his own series starting in 2016. This year also welcomes season two of Daredevil, with Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez taking over as showrunners.

Marvel's ‘Jessica Jones’ Renewed for Season 2 on Netflix

I saw a few episodes. Didn't realize it was Krysten Ritter getting banged out by that black dude. Shit was better than Cinemax.

:eek::eek::eek:

So I wonder what season two will show, with Luke getting his own series and Jessica's main villain dead. Maybe Trish becomes Hellcat? I am assuming they go down the path of finding the people behind the reds and blues, but I'm not sure it will be as interesting.

So I wonder what season two will show, with Luke getting his own series and Jessica's main villain dead. Maybe Trish becomes Hellcat? I am assuming they go down the path of finding the people behind the reds and blues, but I'm not sure it will be as interesting.
I'm thinking season 2 will be about IGH, the mysterious organization that might be responsible for her powers. We'll probably see Nuke, a.k.a. Will Simpson, again as a recurring villain.

I'm hoping for season 2 that they will finally properly utilize the fact that Jessica is a private detective and they will have a few episodes where she solves interesting cases that won't revolve around the main storyline. Making Kilgrave the focus on almost all of the episodes was one of the mistakes of season one. This was one of the reasons why the later seasons of Dexter weren't as good as their earlier seasons. Coincidentally, Jessica Jones' writers and showrunner also worked on Dexter.

I finished the series recently and lost interest as it went on but powered through. I enjoyed the first half of the season. I really like her character, a no nonsense hot chick with super strength. I found her fight scenes almost cringeworthy. Daredevil fight scenes were awesome and here's JJ just awkwardly throwing people across rooms. I guess that might be how a super strong chick with no martial arts training might fight but it still seemed awkward.

Spoilers below
I lost interest the more Killgrave became involved. She was living with him for fuck's sake. I lost count at how many times they had him and he escaped. After a while it becomes very anti climactic.
Those were some of my complaints also in my review.

I'm thinking season 2 will be about IGH, the mysterious organization that might be responsible for her powers. We'll probably see Nuke, a.k.a. Will Simpson, again as a recurring villain.

I'm hoping for season 2 that they will finally properly utilize the fact that Jessica is a private detective and they will have a few episodes where she solves interesting cases that won't revolve around the main storyline. Making Kilgrave the focus on almost all of the episodes was one of the mistakes of season one. This was one of the reasons why the later seasons of Dexter weren't as good as their earlier seasons. Coincidentally, Jessica Jones' writers and showrunner also worked on Dexter.

I was going to say the same about wanting to see at least several episodes related to different cases that are separate from the main storyline of the season.

I thought Jessica Jones was really good but almost every complaint I've seen on here has been pretty valid in my mind. I think the most notable issue is the way things felt dragged/stretched out. Too many, almost got Kilgrave but then he gets away situations.

Yeah we almost have to have Sampson back and have him become Nuke. If he gets his face tattooed like the American flag, I will die of laughter.

The investigation episodes were the best part of season one, her super hero friends lol.

Spoilers below

worst attempt at hiding spoilers evah

I don't understand why Killgrave didn't have control of this vast, underground mob. or just walk into the mayors office (or oval office for that matter) and just run shit from behind the scenes. massive potential just wasted.

Even with his powers boosted by his father, Kilgrave's control was limited to a few hundred people at any one time. And those people would regain control of themselves after 24 hours without being in Kilgrave's direct influence. He also cannot control mechanical devices such as CCTV. So while he might be able to get into the Oval Office, sooner or later someone would figure out that the creepy Brit shouldn't be telling POTUS what to do.

And in the end, Kilgrave didn't have any grand plan. He was simply a sadistic psychopath who wanted instant gratification, be it in the form of sex or material goods such as money, cars etc.

Back