Mcgregoat:"I feel like I can take down them three gold belts before the year ends"

Mcgregor is already being compared to anderson silva. Good fucking lord.

This hype is way worse than ronda. And his fans are worse too.

No. Mcgregor was taken down by siver.
Rory would throw him out of the cage. Lawler would break all his face bones.

Also mcgregor couldnt ko a running holloway. And was dominated on the first round by chad mendes.
He has a puncher chance against rda and has no chance whatsoever against any of the top 10 ww.

siver did not take conor down....duh'

Maia was only koed once in his career and has improved tremendously his wrestling.
If Siver can take down Connor so can Maia.

Maia vs connor last 30 seconds. Maia bullrushes connor, maia takes him down, maia submits him.
I've yet to see Maia bullrush someone and actually moves well. Are you thinking of Romero's explosive power double? We are talking about Demian Maia here who couldn't even take down Anderson Silva.

Saying this after him having beat Mendes and Aldo just shows you're a retard.
McGregor could very well lose against RDA but to state that he has virtually no chance of winning is pure hate.

Well lets see.
Can mcgregor submit rda?
No he cant
Can he beat rda in a decision?
Nope, if rda gets the worst in the stand up he will comfortably take connor down and hold him there.
Or better yet, hold him in the fence, since he is considerably physically stronger.
So how can connor beat rda? By ko. As i said, a puncher chance.

He's saying the things he's saying because he is reeking with confidence, and also because he thinks that Gunnar somewhat replicates the true elite WW, good luck.....

There is a reason as to why only like two fighters (BJ and Randy) managed to hold two belts and no one ever came close to getting three. There also a reason as to why he was killing himself to make FW. McGregor is a little too optimistic, but I'm very happy that he is not trying to fight soft competition.

Here's another fun fact, Hendricks does not cut from 200, you've mistaken that number for his big mac bulking diet weight.

Hendricks and Woodley on fight night after rehydration is around 185-190. Conor is reported walking around 175-180 now, so what makes you think he can't gain another 10 pounds? Is it because you are a scrawny ass yourself that weighs 120lbs?

Conor will never be a top 10 WW? Here's one more fun fact for you, Maia is in the top 10 and he stands no chance vs Conor.

Your math is sketchy. Conor does not rehydrate to 180 in the cage. Hes 165 tops.

Maia would prisonbitch Conor. This delusion Conor fans have that a guy, with no fights let alone wins at 170, is all of a sudden going to crush the WW top 10 is laughable. Reminds me of Brandon Vera, going to hold both LHW and HW belts simultaneously.

You should pray that Conor gets by a lightweight first, and that his power and speed translate to lightweight. Remember, Conor is cutting the most weight ever in the history of featherweight in order to have a massive size advantage over everyone he fights.

You are comparing Gunnar Nelson's movement to Conor? Just because they train together doesn't make them similar.

They have a lot of the same principles when moving laterally and Conor adds a few boxing principles that Gunni lacks. Conor loves to close the distance and take that inside angle which sets him up for the left straight. Demian then takes him down. Demian has taken down Fitch, Rory, Kim and Story. Everyone in MMA has to get close to strike. If Conor jabbed him away and circled maybe he avoids any exchanges or tie ups. However, that's not how Conor fights. He's a pressure fighter who walks people down. That's why he can get taken down.

Conor loses to...

Lawler
Condit
McDonald
Woodley
Hendricks
Maia
Brown
Thompson

Oh, who am I kidding... there's not one WW in the top 10 McGregor beats. He would get murked by Shields and Askren too.

I've yet to see Maia bullrush someone and actually moves well. Are you thinking of Romero's explosive power double? We are talking about Demian Maia here who couldn't even take down Anderson Silva.

You say like if it was easy to take down Silva.
And lately Demian maia is bullrushing everyone. Even macdonald.

Do you really think that a guy that took down rory cant take down connor? What kind of drug you are using?

Well lets see.
Can mcgregor submit rda?
No he cant
Can he beat rda in a decision?
Nope, if rda gets the worst in the stand up he will comfortably take connor down and hold him there.
Or better yet, hold him in the fence, since he is considerably physically stronger.
So how can connor beat rda? By ko. As i said, a puncher chance.

You don't know if McGregor can submit RDA though I agree that it seems unlikely.
You don't know if McGregor can beat RDA in a decision.
You don't know if RDA can take Conor down and hold him there.
You don't know if RDA is physically stronger.

These are all things that can only be known after they, wait for it, actually fight!

For fuck's sake, McGregor haters are worse than his nuthuggers.

There is a reason as to why only like two fighters (BJ and Randy) managed to hold two belts and no one ever came close to getting three. There also a reason as to why he was killing himself to make FW. McGregor is a little too optimistic, but I'm very happy that he is not trying to fight soft competition.

Randy didn't have a division to move up to above HW and wouldn't have been able to make 185. The best shot of doing so would have been Dan Henderson at HW. He did TKO the former Pride HW champ in Fedor.

One of the more accurate post in this thread. I've seen too many delusional posts saying Condit and Lawler would maul Conor. In terms of striking Conor will embarrass both Condit and Lawler.

Condit and Lawler will be the easiest matchup for Conor, easier than RDA and Edgar.

You don't know if McGregor can submit RDA though I agree that it seems unlikely.

These are all things that can only be known after they, wait for it, actually fight!

I dont know but i can infer.
Connor got bullied by chad.
Rda bullied Ben henderson, who in turn bullied a big ww Brandon Thatch.
Rda is heavier and is a natural grappler.
Connor is lighter and is a striker.

Pretty easy deduction. Rda can win by stalling on the fence or taking Connor down.

Also rda had a pretty close fight with Khabib, who is probably the strongest lw in the roster.

Lawler/Condit/Hendricks/Rory/Woodley all smash Conor, I mean really annihilate him. The fact he mentions shit like this and his brain dead fans even think it's possible says all I need to know about that fan base.

I dont know but i can infer.
Connor got bullied by chad.
Rda bullied Ben henderson, who in turn bullied a big ww Brandon Thatch.
Rda is heavier and is a natural grappler.
Connor is lighter and is a striker.

Pretty easy deduction. Rda can win by stalling on the fence or taking Connor down.

Your previous deduction was not that RDA could win by stalling or taking Conor down but that Conor had only a puncher's chance meaning he either connects with a lucky punch or he has no chance.

Also, it's Conor, not connor. Kind of a strange misspelling.

Anyway I don't pretend to be certain of things I can't be certain about so I don't know if Conor will win but to dismiss him like you're doing is tottally ludicrous and you should recognize your bias.

Remember, they said the same things about Aldo and we all know how that turned out.

I agree with you (although I'm not a McGregor hater). However, I do think it's possible that RDA could beat him too. Which is why it's so fun. I think the problem is that Conor fans (which I am) tend to get defensive when people point out some potential weaknesses and seem to think he has no weaknesses. For instance my favorite fighters were Fedor and Shogun but I was aware their boxing was not high level. In Shogun's case he had a huge weakness in his take down defense. Fedor always got sloppy and too aggressive.

In Conor's case is actually his wrestling. As far as his striking he tends to end all his fights with the same set up, inside angle and straight left. Either the people he's fighting are insane or he's so good at it he gets it every time or a mixture of both. I'm just waiting for someone to say he would beat Mayweather in boxing... I know it will happen too.

Randy didn't have a division to move up to above HW and wouldn't have been able to make 185. The best shot of doing so would have been Dan Henderson at HW. He did TKO the former Pride HW champ in Fedor.
That's why there aren't any 3 division champs. A successful fighter in any weight class is typically too big to drop 2 weight classes and too small to move up two weight classes and remain successful. If randy was small enough to make 185, he probably wouldn't have been able to win HW gold. Hendo was good at jumping around weight classes, but I don't think he was ever #1 fighter in any division.

Back