Destiny, v9: The Taken King

You get a package from Lord Saladin when you hit Rank 5. He won't have an arrow over his head, but you need to go talk to him. If nothing pops up when you accept the package, go to orbit and you should get a guaranteed weapon or piece of armor.

As for drops, yeah, once you're rank 5 you've opened the entire IB loot table (it's different for each IB). So the drops will be better in the sense that all of the options are now available to drop. If you have other characters you can rank them up too for the packages. This far into IB you will rank up very quickly with them if you do all of the bounties. I took my Warlock from 0 to Rank 5 today in about 15 games.

My packages were pretty shitty though : 315 warlock bond and my hunter got a 310 shotgun. Oh well, that's the way RNG works sometimes.

Thanks. Apparently there is a sometimes glitch where after you talk to him you get a drop with nothing in it (what happened to me), so you have to log out and when you log back on, you'll get a drop while in orbit. Got a 318 helmet (meh, had a 317), but at least it's something.

for my Titan i got 310 gauntlets and for my hunter i got a 320 bretomart's. i used the gauntlets on my hunter. the bretomart's is a sweet gun, but kinda surplus to my needs tbh. i had my best game as a titan. running bubble is pretty fun. struggled a bit with my hunter, but still won the majority of games i played.

is it just this weeks map in ToO or is it every week where 90% of the players are running TLW and 1000 yard stare

If the difference between IB and trials is the new algorithm, they did a good job. Trials is a fucking joke it's so laggy.

is it just this weeks map in ToO or is it every week where 90% of the players are running TLW and 1000 yard stare

That's every week.

Last edited:
I've never been flawless, year one included, got to 8-0 tonight with mercy still intact and we got steamrolled twice. Going to bed now, extremely frustrated.

fuck this IB last game the other team was a complete fireteam where they either had a yellow bar or red bar my team won with just one complete carry I get 34 kills and the only loot I get is a blue chest piece. The next IB better be a solo player friendly one this teamwork BS in pvp is rubbish

The Monday before Iron Banner ends is glorious. 6 games to go from rank 0 to rank 5.

I have been taking a break. Since I heard about Rift I said fuck it.

The Monday before Iron Banner ends is glorious. 6 games to go from rank 0 to rank 5.

i had a couple of old bounties from the last IB lying around on my Titan, so it only took me 11 games to hit 5 on Sunday. 6 really is glorious.

i had a couple of old bounties from the last IB lying around on my Titan, so it only took me 11 games to hit 5 on Sunday. 6 really is glorious.

I had extra bounties too, but I foolishly used them on Tuesday so they gave me about 8 rep.

I had a surprising amount of fun playing Iron Banner this time. I hate playing Rift when it's the daily, or for the weekly crucible bounties, but it wasn't as bad as I expected. Maybe I just got good teams or maybe I played it like a bitch but running super Titan was probably some of the most fun I've had in this game for a long time.

actually was Sat. that it took me 11 games. i took sunday off i think.

The Bungie Weekly Update has now been re-christened as "This week at Bungie."

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=44307

Cliff notes:
-in all 3v3 modes you will no longer spawn with special ammo (spawn as in at the beginning of the match)
-they are creating "Freelance" crucible playlists where if you're a solo player you can go and face off against other solo players... no fireteams allowed. You'll be part of a team, but you can't go in with a fireteam.
-Crimson Doubles will be here on Feb 9 at 10amPST
-The new matchmaking settings are now making their way into Rumble and Control
-They talk about how they are working on back-end stuff to improve the lag / punish people for having really bad connections (ie, working on ensuring that latency favors the player with the better connection, less red-bar warriors leading the game)
-They fixed an issue during the KF Raid daughters engagement where the runner's camera would sometimes "auto-adjust" and screw up your jumping
-They have FINALLY addressed the teleporting ogres. Looks like this was caused by the bombs physically blocking the path of the ogre, so it would teleport just so it could spawn. Seems like this should have been fixed before Challenge Mode was introduced. Oh well, better late than never I guess.

So yeah, a slight fix to Kings Fall raid shit, and the rest is new crap in the crucible which the majority of the community wasn't even asking for. The no special at beginning of match is good... I wish it was across the board and not just 3v3. Already TONS of complaints on the Bungie forums about this concerning Trials... people saying that teams will just camp and wait for the special ammo spawns to occur before any real fighting will take place. I don't agree with this, but I guess we'll see.

Edit: Vienna Singer, the ship you were supposed to get at the same time as you got your first Black Spindle, will now drop more often. So it's still not going to be guaranteed... WTF?

Not really, it can roll into a non-arc year 2 fatebringer but it's not worth the headache.

The Bungie Weekly Update has now been re-christened as "This week at Bungie."

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=44307

Cliff notes:
-in all 3v3 modes you will no longer spawn with special ammo (spawn as in at the beginning of the match)
-they are creating "Freelance" crucible playlists where if you're a solo player you can go and face off against other solo players... no fireteams allowed. You'll be part of a team, but you can't go in with a fireteam.
-Crimson Doubles will be here on Feb 9 at 10amPST
-The new matchmaking settings are now making their way into Rumble and Control
-They talk about how they are working on back-end stuff to improve the lag / punish people for having really bad connections (ie, working on ensuring that latency favors the player with the better connection, less red-bar warriors leading the game)
-They fixed an issue during the KF Raid daughters engagement where the runner's camera would sometimes "auto-adjust" and screw up your jumping
-They have FINALLY addressed the teleporting ogres. Looks like this was caused by the bombs physically blocking the path of the ogre, so it would teleport just so it could spawn. Seems like this should have been fixed before Challenge Mode was introduced. Oh well, better late than never I guess.

So yeah, a slight fix to Kings Fall raid shit, and the rest is new crap in the crucible which the majority of the community wasn't even asking for. The no special at beginning of match is good... I wish it was across the board and not just 3v3. Already TONS of complaints on the Bungie forums about this concerning Trials... people saying that teams will just camp and wait for the special ammo spawns to occur before any real fighting will take place. I don't agree with this, but I guess we'll see.

Edit: Vienna Singer, the ship you were supposed to get at the same time as you got your first Black Spindle, will now drop more often. So it's still not going to be guaranteed... WTF?

No new content in pve for almost 5 months and it would appear nothing on the horizon.

I think people are right in regards to Trials. Either that or people will start using Ice Breaker or Dregs Promise in the first round.

No new content in pve for almost 5 months and it would appear nothing on the horizon.

I think people are right in regards to Trials. Either that or people will start using Ice Breaker or Dregs Promise in the first round.

Every sidearm will start with ammo, so I think you'll see tons and tons of NoLandBeyond/Sidearm combos for at least the first few rounds.

I agree with your point about no PVE content.. it really has gotten stale. If it weren't for how much I enjoy chatting with my raid team I would have probably already left Destiny. With them still not even giving us a hint about what's coming in the near future that probably means we won't see anything for quite some time. Even PlanetDestiny is moving away from Destiny and beginning to focus on The Division until something new comes around for Destiny. Bungie should really be concerned when their best broadcasters are finally abandoning ship.

Every sidearm will start with ammo, so I think you'll see tons and tons of NoLandBeyond/Sidearm combos for at least the first few rounds.

I agree with your point about no PVE content.. it really has gotten stale. If it weren't for how much I enjoy chatting with my raid team I would have probably already left Destiny. With them still not even giving us a hint about what's coming in the near future that probably means we won't see anything for quite some time. Even PlanetDestiny is moving away from Destiny and beginning to focus on The Division until something new comes around for Destiny. Bungie should really be concerned when their best broadcasters are finally abandoning ship.
I may have missed it, but where did they say sidearms would start with ammo? To me it seemed that no special weapon would start with ammo.

Not really, it can roll into a non-arc year 2 fatebringer but it's not worth the headache.
I got it to drop in the third strike with my hunter about an hour after I read your post. I guit in the first srike because s.a.b.e.r with the taken is a pain. Second strike was the dust palace then went into the undying mind and thought it wasn't going to drop but it did with rangefinder, rifled barrel, and army of one was hoping the second perk would have been crowd control or firefly.

I may have missed it, but where did they say sidearms would start with ammo? To me it seemed that no special weapon would start with ammo.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2767919/de...pvp-special-ammo-adds-solo-playlist-and-more/

Quoted for relevance : "This only affects Sniper Rifles and Shotguns though. The developer confirmed from his Twitter account that Sidearms will not be affected by the change."

That quote is from Senior Designer Derek Carroll.

Funny enough, he says it only effects snipers and shotguns, though I'm sure fusion rifles are included as well. Just kind of goes to show how little even the developers think of fusion rifles. haha

Not to be a downer but I am so over this game now. I haven't put it in my console since before the last IB. My clan is bummed. Only a few members are interested in playing Destiny at all right now.

Back