Destiny, v9: The Taken King

Not to be a downer but I am so over this game now. I haven't put it in my console since before the last IB. My clan is bummed. Only a few members are interested in playing Destiny at all right now.

A lot of us feel this way right now and that's OK. To be perfectly honest, Bungie deserves to have this game die a blazing death right now. In a game which is supposed to be some kind of MMO and or RPG we either need fun shit to do, or new shit to do. There's only so much grinding people can do before they are just burned the hell out. I like the infusion system in that getting a high level drop that you don't like doesn't make it worthless. But trying to get the gear you need, and at a better light level, is adding yet another layer of RNG and it's stupid. Yeah, being 320 vs 318 makes no impact in the game at all, but who doesn't want to max out their character?

As I stated in a previous post, PlanetDestiny is moving away from Destiny content as well... they will be back for Crimson Doubles, but that won't last long. They are mostly moving towards TheDivision until at least we get some new PVE content. I'm actually playing games on my old XBox... the original Xbox (Jedi Academy for the fucking win Baby!) and I'm having a blast. My raid group is active Tuesday-Thursday nights, and that's about it. Hell, Bungie is even sending out survey's to various players asking why they aren't playing anymore. haha

Surveys? Shit, all they have to do is read reddit and the other forums. I have been playing Dying light, Blops3, Titanfall and now I am waiting for the Division as well. I can't get immersed into Fallout 4 like I thought I would.

Surveys? Shit, all they have to do is read reddit and the other forums. I have been playing Dying light, Blops3, Titanfall and now I am waiting for the Division as well. I can't get immersed into Fallout 4 like I thought I would.

Yeah, destinythegame on Reddit is a very good forum and everybody is saying the same stuff we are. The surveys started going out a few weeks ago, right about the time the old CEO "stepped down." Looks like the communication from Bungie via Twitter is much better, but so far we still have no idea what is going on in Year 2. We've been told nothing and after 5 months of being in the dark since Taken King, it's really hard to stay excited and interested in Destiny. I might try out Crimson Doubles, but if it's like IB and you have to rank up to a certain level to get rewards there's just no way I'm going to drop that kind of time into something I don't really enjoy.

I can't wait for March and the new Hitman game! I'm going to probably fire up some Bioshock and play through the trilogy again, as well as Crysis here over the next month while I'm waiting.

Dude, I would play some Crysis 3 with you on the 360.

Dude, I would play some Crysis 3 with you on the 360.

I've never done the multiplayer on that... how is it? I really loved the entire Crysis series though... the PvE was so much fun. Crysis 2 had some issues with the AI being a bit brain-dead, but it was still just fun as hell.

Crimson Days are upon us and Bungie took this chance to solve a few minor problems with the game. Here are the patch notes:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=44324

Basically, lots of very minor stuff. They fixed the ability to cheese the Totems section of the KF raid by using a sword blocking technique, and they say they have fixed the teleporting orges problem. The rest is just minimal stuff that is pretty much aesthetic-only.

I've never done the multiplayer on that... how is it? I really loved the entire Crysis series though... the PvE was so much fun. Crysis 2 had some issues with the AI being a bit brain-dead, but it was still just fun as hell.
Crysis 3 is a top-tier FPS PvP game man. It's awesome. The only problem is the population was quite low even a year and a half ago, so who knows what it's like now.

Bro. Go grab Titanfall for 15 bucks. All the DLC maps are free!! It is by far my favorite FPS PvP.

Watching Deej and Cozmo from Bunige play Crimson Doubles... it's painful. Deej is just terrible and so far they have had a 310 ghost shell drop, other than that its been usual Crucible garbage. They are even giving away free Taken King upgrade codes for people who haven't upgraded yet. I guess giving away the game is becoming the only way they can get some people to play it. haha

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to give the last living fire team member a shield so they take less damage? Fuck someone at bungie is a retard.

Actually never mind that, it's probably the same person who decided that level advantages aren't enabled. Nothing like people running firebolts and the fucking Thorn.

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to give the last living fire team member a shield so they take less damage? Fuck someone at bungie is a retard.

Actually never mind that, it's probably the same person who decided that level advantages aren't enabled. Nothing like people running firebolts and the fucking Thorn.

The shield/health regen on the buffed player is insanely fast. Watching the streams it seems like it's OK though. And yes, Thorn is back and dominating quite nicely from what I can see.

The shield/health regen on the buffed player is insanely fast. Watching the streams it seems like it's OK though. And yes, Thorn is back and dominating quite nicely from what I can see.

The health regeneration is whatever but the fact that everything does less damage than you've become accustomed to for the past two years is fucking stupid.

All you have to do is both run self rez with dual melee and you're more or less unstoppable. Nice planning bungie. I wasn't really looking forward to the Division but now I am.

Last edited:
Just grinded through about 25 games of Crimson Doubles, and not a single 310+ drop seen. And the bounties didn't do shit except guarantee a random legendary drop. Why the fuck make a special, once a week year game, with no worthwhile rewards. It is more fun that last weeks IB though. But hell, there aren't even perks for winning the match.

Funny enough, he says it only effects snipers and shotguns, though I'm sure fusion rifles are included as well. Just kind of goes to show how little even the developers think of fusion rifles. haha

And it glitches after the first round. Just start with a sidearm, and switch to sniper or shotgun after the round and you'll have ammo.

And it glitches after the first round. Just start with a sidearm, and switch to sniper or shotgun after the round and you'll have ammo.

Not really a glitch, just a work around. Icebreaker/Invective still work and are quite feasible at the start of the rounds.

Just grinded through about 25 games of Crimson Doubles, and not a single 310+ drop seen. And the bounties didn't do shit except guarantee a random legendary drop. Why the fuck make a special, once a week year game, with no worthwhile rewards. It is more fun that last weeks IB though. But hell, there aren't even perks for winning the match.
I remember last year when they first brought the awoken to the tower in a queens wrath event they had it where there was pve & pvp missions you could do this was before any DLC where you could get IB type gear. Now they are doing these holiday events which are completely worthless imo just for a couple extra shaders and a ghost shell .

Hard to believe I went from literally playing this game every day, to not playing it in weeks.

Back