Locked Official Women's Division Discussion #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
RoadFC announced ring girl Lim So-Hee is fighting Yan Xiao Nan at their 4/16 Beijing show. Live sacrifice.

cyborgsmith198eng.jpg

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/3/2...g-vs-leslie-smith-added-to-ufc-198-fight-card

RoadFC announced ring girl Lim So-Hee is fighting Yan Xiao Nan at their 4/16 Beijing show. Live sacrifice.

Sounds like it, unless Lim has been training hard.

Cyborg vs. Smith. Hard hitter vs volume puncher. This could be more interesting than it at first sounds.

Cyborg vs. Smith at 140? *sigh* If 198 weren't in Brazil, would that fight even be a consideration? Even if Cyborg struggles to make weight, I think she will beat on Smith. Additionally, Leslie is tough as nails. I hope that doesn't work against her if Cyborg is landing (as she could sustain some serious damage.) Smith doesn't seem to be terribly fast or have the footwork to avoid a raging Cyborg. Perhaps she can weather the early onslaught, and Cyborg will gas before the end of round one.

Cyborg vs. Smith at 140? *sigh* If 198 weren't in Brazil, would that fight even be a consideration? Even if Cyborg struggles to make weight, I think she will beat on Smith. Additionally, Leslie is tough as nails. I hope that doesn't work against her if Cyborg is landing (as she could sustain some serious damage.) Smith doesn't seem to be terribly fast or have the footwork to avoid a raging Cyborg. Perhaps she can weather the early onslaught, and Cyborg will gas before the end of round one.
when called out on it , dana said leslie was "the only fighter who wanted it" conveniently forgetting both holm and tate had said they would fight her.
this matchup is as bullshit as her invicta fights, smith will get destroyed in a round

when called out on it , dana said leslie was "the only fighter who wanted it" conveniently forgetting both holm and tate had said they would fight her.
this matchup is as bullshit as her invicta fights, smith will get destroyed in a round

Miesha he's trying to convince to wait until Ronda's return. Surprisingly, I think he also wants to protect Holm at this point, knowing the Rousey rematch is still big money.

so, in a way, Smith is probably the only fighter who would take it, that they don't have future plans for.

Miesha he's trying to convince to wait until Ronda's return. Surprisingly, I think he also wants to protect Holm at this point, knowing the Rousey rematch is still big money.

so, in a way, Smith is probably the only fighter who would take it, that they don't have future plans for.
all probably correct, but it doesnt make this fight any more credible.
she is having an invicta fight in a ufc octagon, still if it keeps her from stinkin up invicta cards...;)

I think they may be setting the Borg up for a fight with McMann, if they both win their next fights.

With Cyborg vs. Smith a week after Invicta 17, there's a probability that Cyborg is vacating the FW title or Invicta is going to have an interim title fight. With Latoya Walker at Invicta 16, Tweet vs. Walker for the (interim) FW title.

Anderson is probably in the mix for a #1 contender fight against Amanda Bell

Last edited:
Good hard hitting bigger striker vs significantly smaller less talented volume striker with little to no offensive wrestling? Gimmiest fight they could give Cyborg. Hoping Leslie pulls off a Serra v GSP level upset

she is having an invicta fight in a ufc octagon, still if it keeps her from stinkin up invicta cards...;)

That is a big plus.

Surprising that the UFC feels they need a Cyborg beatdown on a card to satisfy or excite Brazilian fans.

Last edited:
Is Moroz fighting next week. Anybody know who the girl she's fighting.

Most likely against Marloes in a tilte fight. It's either going to be the third fight from the top on the King Mo/Davis card in May or the co-main to Galvao/Dantas in June.

Anyone post about Carla finally fighting again, taking the short notice call to face Lima

Anna "Panda" Elmose vs Germaine de Randamie at UFC Rotterdam. Exciting to see the Panda and it will be a very fun brawl.

Last edited:
Anna "Panda" Elmose vs Germaine de Randamie at UFC Rotterdam. Exciting to see the Panda and it will be a very fun brawl.
nice to see the UFC recognise elmose potential, very tall order literally for her first fight, i think shes gonna have to get germaine on the ground to win or she will get murked on the feet , even though anna has knockout power, germaine must have a big reach advantage.
shame we couldnt see gdr against valentina :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back