What are your most emotionally devestating moments as a fan?

Only time I have ever been emotionally devastated was when my dog passed New Years day so I don't know I don't let something I can't control devastate me.

Rashad-Evans-vs-Chuck-Liddell-mma-2317898-550-367.jpg

Miguel torres getting KOed against Bowles :(
Aldo getting raped verbally for months and then getting fooked in 13 seconds
Daron Cruickshank getting choked by Felder
Cain losing to Werdum
Swanson vs Edgar was hard to watch also

The whole Ronda hype train. Being told time after time that she would be all these male fighters. That was the most emotionally trying and frustrating time of my mma fandom.

You felt the way a Tea Partier felt watching a black man become president.

Seeing Liddell lose 5 of his last 6, 4 by tko or ko.

Wasn't emotionally devastated but I was Pissed about Nick not getting the decision vs Condit i thought he clearly won it watching it live

seeing the fight numerous times afterwards i can see why some scored it for Condit

Well I was a big Evan Tanner fan back in the day sooo

GSP getting knocked out by Serra.
Shogun being full bum mode vs. beast Jones.
BJ losing to Edgar.
Anderson vs. Weidman, even tho Anderson losing was to be expected sooner or later.
Aldo getting KTFO'd in 13 seconds really took a part of my soul.
And becoming a Conor fan after that and then Conor loses in his next fight aswell, not gonna lie. But anyone in their right mind knew Diaz was not the fight for hi to win.

When Frank won the interim belt after the doctors saying he would never compete again. Granted, I wasn't "devastated" quote unquote, but it was a story that resonated with me.

I started watching MMA with Mirko's first MMA fight. Him getting KOd by Gonzaga.
After that, whenever he entered the octagon I could see stiffness and fear. Him getting KOd by Schaub and Mir, but especially by Nelson...
Gus losing decision by Jones. After just few days me and my friends made conversation about how there are not enough draws in MMA. So close fight, it could just be a draw.

Rashad KOing Chuck (I still feel that it was a very winnable fight for Chuck. I think he was too hungry for the KO and got sloppy)

Shogun / Rockhold / Romero's defeats of Machida, particularly Romero's

Josh Thompson TKOing Nate Diaz

Penn's various losses as of late. His last fight against Frankie was the most painful. The only thing that slightly took the sting out of it is that I'm a huge fan of Frankie.

Anderson Silva breaking his leg.

Was too emotionally invested in Conor's fight. A week before I was dumped by my girlfriend and it didn't hurt as much.

I didn't realize people were so emotionally invested.
You have 4,000 posts on an MMA forum. Unless you've just given up on the world, you must care about this shit at least somewhat.

nick diaz swarming on Bj penn

Brock Lesnar pounding in Cotoure's skull - it was like watching the villain kill the superhero.

Chuck KO'd by Shogun

Forrest Choking out Shogun

Forrest mercilessly clowned and cracked by Silva

Cain destroying Big nog he never returned the same

Chuck just chuck man poor guy, really thought he was unknockoutable but damn. The way he just walked through that guy metzger head kick, I just thought every fight in his prime he would just eventually knock everyone out at some point in the fight. Then he fell so hard so fast it was awful.

Anderson Silva breaking his leg v Weidman. Watching him scream like that was
Difficult and I didn't want him to go out that way.

Nog/Cain outcome - Me: "Fight of the Year right here boys. Let's do this thing!!!" Not so much.

Babalu/Lidell 2

Cowboy/RDA 2 - I didn't think he would win but I thought it'd be better.

No mma fighter has had that affect on me thus far, and only pacquiao has after he got KO'd by JMM.

The closest I ever came to that was Cain losing to JDS in their first fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back