WWE Superstar, John Cheena Doesn't Care about the UFC, Not a fan

Maybe he genuinely isn't a fan, but I almost feel like this could be a positioning standpoint as well, i.e. Putting his brand (WWE) over the UFC. At least he admits his inferiority by admitting he could never cut it in the Octagon with the real men. If he even tried, there'd be people needing to "make a wish" for him lmao.

He and his boss HHH say the same thing. It's about re-watchability for them. Like how many times have you re-watched the Rocky movies? vs How many times did you re-watch Thrilla in Manilla?

I think most (not all) of us can admit watching the Rocky movies a hell of a lot more than real fights. The problem with actual fights is sometimes the results don't match the buildup and casuals are left dissatisfied. Whereas with wrestling people know it's scripted, but they just want to be entertained by this fake fight and all the drama leading up to it.

As for Cena, of course he likes wrestling. He gets to dress like fruity pebble cereal, play a wangster, get roided up in his down time, and make millions doing it.

He doesnt like it because he knows he aint a true alpha and has to take steroids and fake fight to get half the recognition of the alphas. He jelly.

Is this the guy who dressed up as a wigger for ten years and whored himself to hoards of retarded "sports entertainment" fans for over 300 days a year while on massive amounts of steroids?

For the last time, Steven, HE HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT A GENTLEMAN TO YOUR MOM, AND HE EVEN BOUGHT YOU THAT PONY, SO TRY HAVING SOME RESPECT.

Is this the guy who dressed up as a wigger for ten years and whored himself to hoards of retarded "sports entertainment" fans for over 300 days a year while on massive amounts of steroids?

ban IMO

LOL you know who was doing real drug testing long before the UFC? WWE was.

Cena is just a roider who would get smashed in the UFC. Cena had better stick to fake fighting.

He basically just said he respects MMA/UFC, but doesn't really watch it. Okay, that's fair...

There is really nothing wrong to what he said not everyone is a fan of cage fighting. Ask people like Jack Nicholson he positively hates the sport there are tons more who are not fans. It's not because they are not fans of combat sports in many ways but more loyal to boxing or kickboxing.

He seems very respectful from those quotes.

Why did you make this thread?
tumblr_m2wbwkc84x1ru37dno1_500.gif

Yet got paid more in 6 months (or less!) than 99.999999% of MMA fighters have in their entire careers!

Threads like this just show a sports inferiority complex. Do you get upset if you ask someone if they like the NBA, NFL, MLB, or NHL and they respond "its not for me, they are great athletes, but i'm more into storytelling aspects of entertainment than I am competition"? It seems like a ridiculous that such a comment would cause one the need to insult them.

There is plenty about WWE to be mocked, but to be seemingly actually angered by his comments just comes off as strange to me.

Why should he be? Same as someone like triple h being a fan, the closest they did to an actual sport pre-wwe was bodybuilding.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/wwe-star-john-cena-explains-why-he-doesn-t-care-for-ufc-041116

"It's done great to establish itself as a brand, but in comparison with us, it doesn't resonate with me just because I'm a storyteller," Cena explained during a recent appearance on "Larry King Now". "I enjoy the story that we can tell in the ring and like I said, I think we do it better than everyone."

"It truly has marketed itself extremely well. It has fantastic exposure. There's no denying the athletic ability that it takes to step into the Octagon. It's not something I could do," Cena said.

"I'm not taking anything away from anyone in the UFC, because their success speaks for themselves but as far as it resonating with me, it's just not something I'm a fan of."

You think he dislikes it because he wouldn't be able to surpass a random test if he went to the UFC?

He's nothing but a steroid addled little boy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back