WWE Superstar, John Cheena Doesn't Care about the UFC, Not a fan

Actualized174

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/wwe-star-john-cena-explains-why-he-doesn-t-care-for-ufc-041116

"It's done great to establish itself as a brand, but in comparison with us, it doesn't resonate with me just because I'm a storyteller," Cena explained during a recent appearance on "Larry King Now". "I enjoy the story that we can tell in the ring and like I said, I think we do it better than everyone."

"It truly has marketed itself extremely well. It has fantastic exposure. There's no denying the athletic ability that it takes to step into the Octagon. It's not something I could do," Cena said.

"I'm not taking anything away from anyone in the UFC, because their success speaks for themselves but as far as it resonating with me, it's just not something I'm a fan of."

You think he dislikes it because he wouldn't be able to surpass a random test if he went to the UFC?

He thinks a worked match can tell the story of a fight better than a real fight.

Which is absolute nonsense, and I'm a wrestling fan lol.

There's a forum here dedicated to WWE, it's called The Wasteland

Who is John Cheena ?

I think he dislikes it because its boring as shit half the time.

Doesn't really seem newsworthy. He didn't insult the sport, it is fine to not be a MMA fan if it doesn't interest him.

lmao.. WWE star striking back due to the insults the WWE recieves in the MMA community

I don't see why he needs to like the UFC or MMA in general.

It probably gets really annoying being a pro wrestler that gets constantly asked about the UFC. It's been happening to a lot of them lately. None of them can seem to do an interview without being asked about the UFC. It's weird reporters/tv personalities keep trying to make that connection over and over and over.

Damn you for posting that...

vma-crying-1.gif

lmao.. WWE star striking back due to the insults the WWE recieves in the MMA community

he's not striking back, people always try to compare fans of ufc to wwe. it's like a rugby player saying they aren't a fan of american football. I'm not a WWE fan, but who cares if a guy isn't a fan of any particular sport. Cena strikes me a guy who just does his WWE gig and spends the rest of his time doing make a wish or making movies with little time to follow sports and such

He thinks a worked match can tell the story of a fight better than a real fight.

Which is absolute nonsense, and I'm a wrestling fan lol.

Once upon a time, Jake Shields laid on top of someone.
The end.

Great story.

He seems very respectful from those quotes.

Why did you make this thread?

Is this the guy who dressed up as a wigger for ten years and whored himself to hoards of retarded "sports entertainment" fans for over 300 days a year while on massive amounts of steroids?

Back