What is your all-time favorite music video?

• Thread starter Deleted member 468727
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 468727

Okay sherbros let's have everyone post their favorite music video and a sentence or two explaining why, mine is

Smashing Pumpkins - 1979

I first saw this video when I was in high school about 7 years ago and found it to be unremarkable, I then stumbled upon it around the time I was graduating college and it blew me away. The song and the video together do a perfect job of triggering that feeling of nostalgia for the days when you were young, had no adult responsibilities, and were experiencing many things for the first time. It always makes me feel a bit melancholic about that bittersweet loss of innocence that we have all experienced but at the same time it also puts me in a good mood and is the video I turn to when I'm looking for something to cheer me up.

Honorable Mentions:

Beck - Loser

David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes

Eminem - Stan

I'm looking forward to seeing your guys responses and watching some cool videos that I have yet to see

I like both Brute's artwork and classic KMFDM, so my favorite video is probably:

Honorable mentions:

Last edited:
I dunno but the k-pop videos they play at my sushi place are the shit

I dunno but the k-pop videos they play at my sushi place are the shit

Bro don't be the dbag that posts a vague response with no video...fire up one of those kpop vids and lets see it

That sexy Chica Bomb music vid, Christina Aguilera - Dirrty vid, all nysnc/backstreet boy vids, and a few others.

I like both Brute's artwork and classic KMFDM, so my favorite video is probably:

Man I've never even heard of KMFDM before but this is a sick video and song, thanks for the post

2010 was a fucking amazing year for music if you're not over 30 and wear Wrangler Jeans and complain about Kanye (who you don't even listen to anyway), so it was cool to see the guys who had a breakout song put together a video of them hanging out with pretty much anyone who dropped an album that year in NYC. It was an ode to an entire year and i think it was really special. Funny and interesting too.

3 minute video that will teach you everything you need to know bout being cool as fuck.

For whatever reason the scene on the bike always makes me laugh and brings me joy.

A true classic that takes me right back to my youth

3 minute video that will teach you everything you need to know bout being cool as fuck.

For whatever reason the scene on the bike always makes me laugh and brings me joy.

A true classic that takes me right back to my youth

I absolutely love the entire "Out Come the Wolves" album, every song is a must listen

1979 was a good choice. Mine would be Zero which is also a Smashing Pumpkins video. Unfortunately it seems like it was taken down from youtube but it can be found on vimeo.

I absolutely love the entire "Out Come the Wolves" album, every song is a must listen

Indeed. Lets go and Life wont wait are also both 100 percent good from front to back which is hard to do for even the best of em.

Have you seen the rancid tribute with just about everyone still around doing covers ?

Indeed. Lets go and Life wont wait are also both 100 percent good from front to back which is hard to do for even the best of em.

Have you seen the rancid tribute with just about everyone still around doing covers ?

I have heard it but tbh I really prefer the original versions of the songs...not to say that the tributes aren't well done but it just seemed slightly off to me, Tim Armstrong just has such a unique voice

I have heard it but tbh I really prefer the original versions of the songs...not to say that the tributes aren't well done but it just seemed slightly off to me, Tim Armstrong just has such a unique voice

Of course they arent better its just fun to see all those bands paying homage to a legend . It also makes me feel good knowing damn well several of the bands on that album got there start doing rancid and op ivy covers in a garage somewhere.

Tim is so cool that right now I can think of multiple bands that have frontmen that wish they were tim.

Back