Opinion: Connor will NOT fight at 145 again!

For Aldo, it will let him avenge a loss. If Conor beats Aldo again if it happens he just the best twice. As far as the loss, it hurts, but if he goes to 145 and is dominant He could become the best FW. Problem is Frankie will be in his way, and Aldo I see beating him in a second fight.Conor just won the belt so he still had it. I don't care for him, but He wasn't stripped of it. And even if he lost to Diaz, if he can still make 145, the UFC would most likely have him in a title fight. Wins and losses don't matter. I would like to see him fight Aldo again, because a second fight will be totally different.
I don't think he fights Nate again anytime soon.He has to defend his belt and if he wins I can see him moving up to 155 to fight Nate eventually.If he loses the defense I don't see an immediate rematch coming

Conor needs Nate.Nate beat his ass already. Conor has enough on his plate.Defending his belt should be his priority focus.Nates fight was and still is irrelevant
But it's not irrelevant. Maybe to you. Maybe to the FW title picture. But the motives are clear. The Diaz fight is a bigger money fight. It's also a means to get back to that champ vs. champ fight for the LW title, which is also a bigger money fight. A win over Diaz could also be a gateway to a GSP fight, which would be the biggest money fight of all.

So there are obvious reasons to make the Diaz fight as opposed to defending against Aldo or Edgar.

so what do you think happens if Aldo wins the rematch

If Aldo wins the rematch thats actually a good outcome for the UFC: Now they have a huge rubber match that sells gigatons of PPV's.

The nightmare scenario is if Edgar beats Aldo and then beats Conor decisively. Now Conor lost two in a row, doesnt deserve an instant rematch for the title (since he wouldn't even have defended it once and would be coming off two losses), and lost most of his nimbus, given that Edgar isnt a big name to casuals.

Best outcome for the UFC is if McG just defeats whoever they put in front of him and permanently moves up to LW. That way they can market him indefinitely as 'undefeated @FW' and shit.

So... let's go Frankie!!!!

But it's not irrelevant. Maybe to you. Maybe to the FW title picture. But the motives are clear. The Diaz fight is a bigger money fight. It's also a means to get back to that champ vs. champ fight for the LW title, which is also a bigger money fight. A win over Diaz could also be a gateway to a GSP fight, which would be the biggest money fight of all.

So there are obvious reasons to make the Diaz fight as opposed to defending against Aldo or Edgar.
The fight is irrelevant till he mans up and fights him at 155.He isn't beating Nate at 170 ever

Conor needs to defend his belt before any play can come in motion.Thats a fact

@Shapky86 I just noticed that the nightmare scenario isnt all that bad. Look:

Either Aldo or Edgar wins the interim belt and fights McGregor for the belt @FW next.

If it's Aldo vs. McGregor and McGregor wins he immediately moves to LW permanently, after all he just defeated the FW GOAT twice and Frankie doesnt deserve a shot, coming off a loss.

If it's Aldo vs. McGregor and Aldo wins, they immediately go for a rubber match with promotion the likes of which has not been seen before.

If it's Edgar vs. McGregor and McGregor wins he immediately moves to LW permanently, after all he just cleared out the division.

If it's Edgar vs. McGregor and Edgar wins, McGregor fights Aldo in a grudge macht next: Both coming off losses, both seeing a winnable fight, and both already established opponents, so the promotion writes itself. Massive fight even if it's not for a belt.

So really the UFC is fine with all outcomes. The problems start once McGregor loses the next two, but by then they'll have made shittons of money off his name already.

If Aldo wins the rematch thats actually a good outcome for the UFC: Now they have a huge rubber match that sells gigatons of PPV's.

The nightmare scenario is if Edgar beats Aldo and then beats Conor decisively. Now Conor lost two in a row, doesnt deserve an instant rematch for the title (since he wouldn't even have defended it once and would be coming off two losses), and lost most of his nimbus, given that Edgar isnt a big name to casuals.

Best outcome for the UFC is if McG just defeats whoever they put in front of him and permanently moves up to LW. That way they can market him indefinitely as 'undefeated @FW' and shit.

So... let's go Frankie!!!!
but Dana said his next fight would be t 145lbs...And I am saying That even Dana knows Conor isn't defending that belt...Dana said Conor's next fight would be at 145 to stem the backlash of him getting the Diaz rematch...you know the one that is not happening now...Conor's next fight will be at 155 or 170 even if it's not Diaz

@Shapky86 I just noticed that the nightmare scenario isnt all that bad. Look:

Either Aldo or Edgar wins the interim belt and fights McGregor for the belt @FW next.

If it's Aldo vs. McGregor and McGregor wins he immediately moves to LW permanently, after all he just defeated the FW GOAT twice and Frankie doesnt deserve a shot, coming off a loss.

If it's Aldo vs. McGregor and Aldo wins, they immediately go for a rubber match with promotion the likes of which has not been seen before.

If it's Edgar vs. McGregor and McGregor wins he immediately moves to LW permanently, after all he just cleared out the division.

If it's Edgar vs. McGregor and Edgar wins, McGregor fights Aldo in a grudge macht next: Both coming off losses, both seeing a winnable fight, and both already established opponents, so the promotion writes itself. Massive fight even if it's not for a belt.

So really the UFC is fine with all outcomes. The problems start once McGregor loses the next two, but by then they'll have made shittons of money off his name already.
Been saying this from the start if he loses the title he will fight the loser of the interim

but Dana said his next fight would be t 145lbs...And I am saying That even Dana knows Conor isn't defending that belt...Dana said Conor's next fight would be at 145 to stem the backlash of him getting the Diaz rematch...you know the one that is not happening now...Conor's next fight will be at 155 or 170 even if it's not Diaz
I don't man or they will strip him or force him to vacate

If I had to guess Conor's next fight will be cowboy Cerrone @155 then Dos Anjos watch.....

He'll be irrelevant in 3 years, remember I said that.

He'll never fight at 145 again, he'll vacate the belt. Then he'll try 155 and get smoked.

Bellator is calling...

I agree. We will not see him at 145. The belt is vacant. He may move to 155 and be a top 5 guy or a popular fighter who doesn't wear UFC gold like nick, hunt, hendo, etc. IMO RDA is a bad match up. I could name few other that are a bad match up at 155. Connor oh humble thy self and start planning on defending your belt. If Dana does end up scratching 200 with Diaz it is a blessing in disguise and please get back to 145 to be relevant. 170 you get smoked. 155 you are top 5. 145 you are king right now. Go back to your throne and defend it.

I don't see a guy content with just being a champ. I see a guy who understands the business side of a promotion that has been criticized for it's fighters not making enough money. He is looking at the big picture, and was able to get himself into a situation to potentially make a lot more money than if he just stayed at 145. He knows the fights that will get him the most money. He is striking while the iron is hot. If it backfires, he knows he is good enough to be the champ at 145. Worst case scenario, he ends up back where he was when he beat Aldo.

You can't blame him for going after the big money fights. Like I said, people complain that these guys don't get enough. If he brings in more money and attention, and maybe even changes the game a little bit, it could benefit other fighters as well. These guys have just a small window to make a living doing this. If fighters aren't content, I think maybe more of them should be out there trying to maximize their worth. At the very least, we shouldn't blame them for doing it.

I don't man or they will strip him or force him to vacate
which makes my point ...People can't wait for Conor to go back to 145lbs and I am saying it's not going to happen can't wait to bump this is a few months

When will people get it through their thick skulls....Connor needs to avenge that loss to Diaz and it has to be at 170lbs...Connor pitched a plan to the UFC and the UFC went along with it...The plan was If Connor had won vs. Diaz it would have been Connor and GSP @ UFC 200 and not this rematch, but he lost. All was not lost, all he had to do is win a rematch at the same weight and he could have still fought GSP @ UFC in Madison Square garden.
When Connor lost this put a lot of pressure on Connor to win to make the big paydays then retire. Connor knows he needs his full focus on this fight in order to win and thought the UFC would "understand" because that knew what the plan was and it will benefit "BOTH" parties.
As I said Dana and Connor knew of this plan and it would have made both Connor and the UFC insane amount of money. Both Dana and Connor know that he can't make 145lbs. This is why the UFC could "call his bluff" because they know Connor is screwed as a fighter because he will never make weight to defend 145lb belt.
Connor had no real leverage career wise and the UFC knew it and removing him accomplished two things: 1. you reign in and "out of control" superstar 2. you keep him relevant for future paydays
bottom line Connor NEVER had any leverage because the UFC knew that he couldn't make 145lbs. It is doubtful that Connor will win another REAL belt in the UFC again ( they throw those "interim" titles around like skittles)
Bottom line is this: CONNOR WILL NEVER ENTER THE UFC CAGE FOR A FIGHT AT 145LBS EVER AGAIN....*of course I will bump this in 6 to 8 month because that's how long it going to take for them to announce he is giving up the 145lb belt because of "weight issues"*
I stopped reading at Conor Gsp 200
I want Gsp back and don't care against who but Conor lol
Gsp would be charged after the fight with rape. It is the 1 single absolute worst match for Conor out of anybody in the UFC that is 170lbs or less.
Gsp has the best wrestling in UFC history and Conor has the worst. Gsp guard passing ability and ground game is second to none. This fight wouldn't even be fun..
It would be Gsp just showcasing his skills and Conor trying to survive.

which makes my point ...People can't wait for Conor to go back to 145lbs and I am saying it's not going to happen can't wait to bump this is a few months
Maybe your right but then he loses what little leverage he has.He loses at higher weight classes he has no insurance.

I suspect that Conor/Aldo 2 will look alot like Cain/JDS2. Cain got caught and finished quick is the first one (not as quick as aldo but quick anyway). but i still think aldo wins that matchup 8/10 times. He hits hard, he has a monster leg kicks and knees, and he's a high level BJJ blackbelt. I think he's the more complete fighter. Like JDS conor can always win, even if he's overmatched, by catching his opponent with a perfect shot like in the first fight. But i think aldo is the better fighter.
I think 100% conor comes back to FW, so he can keep his belt for one, and so that he can reassert his dominance at FW and move back up to LW with some momentum back. If i had to bet, i'd bet conor loses his FW belt by end of year and goes up to LW for good. Prob is LW is a tough division for him. I doubt he'll dominate there. His power is not as effective, and there's alot of beast wrestlers who will maul him on the ground like RDA, Alvarez and Khabib. Not that he cant beat them, but it'll be a tough tough road, and he'll have to be in some wars that after watching his fight with Nate, he is not currently prepared for.

I don't see a guy content with just being a champ. I see a guy who understands the business side of a promotion that has been criticized for it's fighters not making enough money. He is looking at the big picture, and was able to get himself into a situation to potentially make a lot more money than if he just stayed at 145. He knows the fights that will get him the most money. He is striking while the iron is hot. If it backfires, he knows he is good enough to be the champ at 145. Worst case scenario, he ends up back where he was when he beat Aldo.

You can't blame him for going after the big money fights. Like I said, people complain that these guys don't get enough. If he brings in more money and attention, and maybe even changes the game a little bit, it could benefit other fighters as well. These guys have just a small window to make a living doing this. If fighters aren't content, I think maybe more of them should be out there trying to maximize their worth. At the very least, we shouldn't blame them for doing it.
Let me be clear that....I understand why Conor is doing what he is doing.... but as a fan of the sport....it's disheartening to watch him do it knowing he doesn't truly deserve it from a pure fight stand point not from a business perspective....and that real

Back