Serious Movie Discussion XLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I missed the JJ vs Gadelha fight. By the time the TUF finals rolled around it was already past 6 in the morning over here. I just had to sleep.

Honestly, best fight of the weekend.

JJ's conditioning/endurance is nuts. Her striking technique got better as the fight went on...which began with 2 rounds of hard grappling.

By the way, speaking of Aldo again, I don't know if Run This Town is a good song per se, but I think it's an awesome entrance song for Aldo and has been as long as he's been in the UFC. I remember when he made his UFC debut against Hominick when that music hit, I was really amped to see the featherweight champ.

Brutal finisher for sure. Dude is one of those guys who knows how to put every part of his body into a punch. He even rises to his toes as the punches connect

I think thats what BJ was trying to do in that one fight lull

Just realized McDonald vs. Linekar is coming up next week too.. didn't even know that had been scheduled lol. With the 202 card looking the way it does.. we are spoiled this summer.

Also thanks @europe1 for fucking up my viewing schedule with the Stalker recommendation. I obviously can't move on without figuring the thing out and that should only take a year or two.

My immediate impression is that I wasn't thrilled with the introspection - fuck it was slow, though undeniably gorgeous - but I'm going to go back and look for a more coherent way of putting it all together.

Curious to hear @HUNTERMANIA's thoughts as well.

Just realized McDonald vs. Linekar is coming up next week too.. didn't even know that had been scheduled lol. With the 202 card looking the way it does.. we are spoiled this summer.

Also thanks @europe1 for fucking up my viewing schedule with the Stalker recommendation. I obviously can't move on without figuring the thing out and that should only take a year or two.

My immediate impression is that I wasn't thrilled with the introspection - fuck it was slow, though undeniably gorgeous - but I'm going to go back and look for a more coherent way of putting it all together.

Curious to hear @HUNTERMANIA's thoughts as well.
are you talking about Tarkovsky's Stalker?

you said negative things about it

tumblr_inline_n5xlfrLdlO1sd9815.gif

this may sound a little weird but I'm hyped. I'm finally getting to watch Last of the Mohicans.

I saw the posters for the movie when it came out in 1992 when I was 8, every time I've tried to watch it over the years it fell through, time after time, for one reason or another.

this may sound a little weird but I'm hyped. I'm finally getting to watch Last of the Mohicans.

I saw the posters for the movie when it came out in 1992 when I was 8, every time I've tried to watch it over the years it fell through, time after time, for one reason or another.

I haven't seen it either, but i have the DVD.

Everyone is always lumping it in with similarly plotted movies (Avatar, Dances With Wolves, etc), which never helped get me to watch.

Let me know if it stands out in any interesting way from the rest and I'll fire up the DVD.

that one flew under the radar a bit in some weird way. good movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back