• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chael's Suspension up in 2 Days

Nick Diaz vs Chael
ufc is a freakshow now so why not

USADA's 2-year instaban, mixed with their vague laundry list of questionable 'banned substances', the IV ban, this setup is too Nazi-ish and doesn't consider the fighters' or the fans' interests. It's ill-conceived, & over-punitive. MMA was better off without them imo.

Fair enough, from a fan persepective i certainly agree steroids are AWESOME.

USADA's 2-year instaban, mixed with their vague laundry list of questionable 'banned substances', the IV ban, this setup is too Nazi-ish and doesn't consider the fighters' or the fans' interests. It's ill-conceived, & over-punitive. MMA was better off without them imo.

As demonstrated a number of times, it isn't a two year 'instaban' if there are mitigating circumstances. Romero, Means and Penn all received 6 month suspensions which were completely sane. It is a thoughtful process.

There is absolutely no argument that the punishments are too punitive - you have to be caught dead-to-rights to land yourself in a two year ban.

Anti-doping isn't meant to consider the fans interests, its meant to implement clean sport.

Mark Hunt was a thrilling fighter before his UFC career, and he's a clean fighter. I'm glad cheaters like Frank Mir and Brock Lesnar are being shown the door by USADA - all the guys like Hunt who compete with dignity and honor deserve better, and now they will get it.

As long as you are retired, you don't have to do any USADA shit. So far, Chael maintains he is still retired.

If Chael decides to come back, he will go through a 4-month period where he gets tested first.

The UFC waived this rule for Brock, but Chael ain't Brock, and they've already caught a bunch of shit for doing it, so I think it's unlikely the new owners would go down that road again.

Unless the new owners decide to bail on the whole USADA deal altogether. Which would be awesome imo.

Even then though, Chael's suspension was with the NSAC so it might get tricky.

Beings Chael retired before the USADA deal wouldnt he be exempt of the 4 months like Brock?

So is it in our interest to allow PEDs? It's certainly in the fighters interest.

Yes. Fans watch sports to see new things acomplished, to see records broken, to see people dominate. Steroids plays a huge role in that.

Check out how popular baseball was getting when people were crushing homeruns left and right and breaking records. Weither we want to admit or not, a decent number of sports idols and great sports memories involved people using steroids to preform better.

So is it in our interest to allow PEDs? It's certainly in the fighters interest.
Fair enough, from a fan persepective i certainly agree steroids are AWESOME.

Kinda yeah, I mean again it would be better than it is now. I don't think the answer is to make everything legal, but they should look at it from a health perspective first, and work backwards from there. There is an argument for doctor-approved things that help a person in their life like TRT, should not be denied to athletes. It's a complicated subject. Simply being punitive about everything, with no regard for fighters who want to heal better and train healthier, writing it all off as 'cheating' is simplistic. Taking chunks out of their earning careers, often years, over almost every little infraction seems wrong. It's a Nazi approach to the issue.

I doubt it, he's very, very average without PEDs and he's making good enough money now not fighting. Maybe if he got offered a ton to fight Fedor.

As demonstrated a number of times, it isn't a two year 'instaban' if there are mitigating circumstances. Romero, Means and Penn all received 6 month suspensions which were completely sane. It is a thoughtful process.

There is absolutely no argument that the punishments are too punitive - you have to be caught dead-to-rights to land yourself in a two year ban.

Anti-doping isn't meant to consider the fans interests, its meant to implement clean sport.

Mark Hunt was a thrilling fighter before his UFC career, and he's a clean fighter. I'm glad cheaters like Frank Mir and Brock Lesnar are being shown the door by USADA - all the guys like Hunt who compete with dignity and honor deserve better, and now they will get it.

To be fair, it is somewhat stupid that we want atheletes to preform at the highest levels and put on a good show. You can take apples but you cant have oranges...you can take this pill that gives your body a boost but you cant take this other one.

It is somewhat dumb and stupid. Let consenting adults and atheletes do what they want to preform better.

Beings Chael retired before the USADA deal wouldnt he be exempt of the 4 months like Brock?

Not sure. The fact that he was retired when USADA went into effect might mean that is how he is considered.

This is the kind of silly good guys vs. bad guys mentality that comes along with this stuff. It's an oversimplified & unrealistic approach to a very broad bunch of issues.

I would pay good money to see silva fight sonned again.

If ufc is smart they activate him on the roster.

Chael vs bisping
Chael vs Asilva III
Chael vs Hendricks

To be fair, it is somewhat stupid that we want atheletes to preform at the highest levels and put on a good show. You can take apples but you cant have oranges...you can take this pill that gives your body a boost but you cant take this other one.

It is somewhat dumb and stupid. Let consenting adults and atheletes do what they want to preform better.

Forgive me but that is a immature argument.

I don't mean to sound brash and uncouth - but when this pops up it really irritates me. 'You can take this pill but not that one' implies that guys getting popped for steroids and EPO is commensurate with people taking when protein shakes. It is absurd to act nonchalant about the WADA banned list, they are on the list for a reason.

Regarding the athletes - clearly Mark Hunt doesn't want to risk his health taking steroids or blood doping to compete as an athlete, and we can all agree he's thrilling to watch. I'd say the same for Nick Diaz.

Clean fighters shouldn't be forced to fight cheaters. If you want to cheat - go fight in Japan where there is an agreement everyone can take PEDS.

You cas aspersions on all the clean fighters because some cannot or will not compete without cheating - they will change their ways or be cast off.

This is the kind of silly good guys vs. bad guys mentality that comes along with this stuff. It's an oversimplified & unrealistic approach to a very broad bunch of issues.

Absolutely not.

You are abstracting a fairly simple concept to make it sound more complex, because frankly, you have no argument.

We don't need metaphors for cheaters.

The good news is these guys are getting kicked out for substantial time, so it will rapidly change the paradigm.

In the 80's and early 90's, wrestlers were getting gravely injured from bad weight cutting practices. Several died. The NCAA instituted new policies, the high schools followed, and it completely eradicated the problem practically overnight.

Common sense will rule fairly quickly.

I like Chael a lot.

A lot of fighters cheat. PEDS, etc. Most don't admit it. Chael will.

In my honest opinion, he's not gonna perform very well without any substances. USADA would be all over him.

Unless he needs the cash, I wouldn't do it.

3rd fight with Anderson doesn't sound terrible at all though

Kinda yeah, I mean again it would be better than it is now. I don't think the answer is to make everything legal, but they should look at it from a health perspective first, and work backwards from there. There is an argument for doctor-approved things that help a person in their life like TRT, should not be denied to athletes. It's a complicated subject. Simply being punitive about everything, with no regard for fighters who want to heal better and train healthier, writing it all off as 'cheating' is simplistic. Taking chunks out of their earning careers, often years, over almost every little infraction seems wrong. It's a Nazi approach to the issue.

As far as TRT goes, if you have a legit medical reason for TRT than you shouldnt be competting in professional combat sports anymore. If your health is all fucked up now because you KNOWINGLY broke the rules for years, used things that you knew we
Forgive me but that is a immature argument.

I don't mean to sound brash and uncouth - but when this pops up it really irritates me. 'You can take this pill but not that one' implies that guys getting popped for steroids and EPO is commensurate with people taking when protein shakes. It is absurd to act nonchalant about the WADA banned list, they are on the list for a reason.

Regarding the athletes - clearly Mark Hunt doesn't want to risk his health taking steroids or blood doping to compete as an athlete, and we can all agree he's thrilling to watch. I'd say the same for Nick Diaz.

Clean fighters shouldn't be forced to fight cheaters. If you want to cheat - go fight in Japan where there is an agreement everyone can take PEDS.

You cas aspersions on all the clean fighters because some cannot or will not compete without cheating - they will change their ways or be cast off.

The point I'm making is maybe it SHOULDNT be illegal. You are going with the same arguement people used for Marijuana for so long..... "well you shouldnt be cheating and using marijuana!!!!" "you shouldnt be breaking the law and using marijuana!!!" "it wouldnt be fair that you use marijuana and someone else choses not to!!!"

Just because something is a rule or a law doesnt mean it always makes sense.

A lot of these rules and laws came into the picture back when very little was known about steroids and just like any other drug that people dont know much about it got demonized quite a bit. There have been a lot of improvements through science in medicine in regards to steroids.

Back