2016 MLB Discussion v5: One Thug to Rule Them All.

Biggest thug of them all?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drew Storen DFA'd. lmao

'Bout fucking time. Shapiro move, wasn't it? What a waste of time.

"We've got a proven lights out closer, with playoff experience, who has shown no signs of being a flash in the pan. I know, let's get another closer!"

Idiots.

It didn't work out for either team but it seemed like a fair deal on paper. Jays needed bullpen help, had Saunders in LF and Nationals needed an outfielder. Unfournately Storen completely sucks ass and Revere has been one of the worst hitters in baseball.

Would have been great if the Jays could have dumped Dickey and used his salary to pay for Price. Dude is being paid a loooooot of money.

Rogers sucks in every other venture they're involved in though so they're keeping the wallets closed for the Jays, using the money they're making off them to keep everything else afloat, like their shitty cable and phone deals, and their statues of ted rogers, and their leafs management salaries which are astronomical

Would have been great if the Jays could have dumped Dickey and used his salary to pay for Price. Dude is being paid a loooooot of money.

Haven't you heard? Dickey's a bargain. Innings pitched, yo.

Haven't you heard? Dickey's a bargain. Innings pitched, yo.

I remember how hyped I was for him when he showed up in Toronto after winning the Cy Young. The news was all like "KNUCKLEBALLS IS IMPOSSIBRU TO HIT, IMPOSSIBRU"

Turns out hitting kunckleballs is very possibru

I remember how hyped I was for him when he showed up in Toronto after winning the Cy Young. The news was all like "KNUCKLEBALLS IS IMPOSSIBRU TO HIT, IMPOSSIBRU"

Turns out hitting kunckleballs is very possibru

Yeah, and when they aren't getting launched into the stratosphere, they're hitting batters or the backstop.

Seriously, fuck the knuckleball. I don't ever want to see it again.

I've already picked Bregman up in my league

I know. Check back like a month ago when we were shooting the shit about him (that may have been Metal Jimmies though)

I know. Check back like a month ago when we were shooting the shit about him (that may have been Metal Jimmies though)
I picked him up a week ago because I thought they were calling him earlier.

I already have Bogearts at SS, so I might have to put Bregman at util if he starts raking.

I picked him up a week ago because I thought they were calling him earlier.

I already have Bogearts at SS, so I might have to put Bregman at util if he starts raking.

He will have eligibility at 2B, SS, 3B and OF. You have a lot of options

Volquez is on the Rangers radar if they can't trade for Sale. He would be a solid #3

As far as the Chapman stuff, why didn't any of these teams get him from the Reds directly? Only the Yanks could find out the length of his suspension to make sure he would be back?

Cubs giving up alot for 2 month rental. Torres, Mckinney, Warren plus more. Just to make Rondon a setup guy and maybe ruin his confidence going forward after having a great season for a rental.

Reports it is done. Cubs can now choke in the 8th instead of the 9th.

As far as the Chapman stuff, why didn't any of these teams get him from the Reds directly? Only the Yanks could find out the length of his suspension to make sure he would be back?
No one knew how long it would be, if it would hurt his season, be a lingering problem etc. Remember the dodgers had a deal for him before the reports came out

No one knew how long it would be, if it would hurt his season, be a lingering problem etc. Remember the dodgers had a deal for him before the reports came out
Other teams need Yanks investigators. Just flipped their poor farm for Cubs talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back