2016 MLB Discussion v5: One Thug to Rule Them All.

Biggest thug of them all?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read that the Mets tried to offer d'arnaud for Lucroy straight up

<21>

Holy fuck what a trade

Some pocket change prospects and Brendan Ryan turned into Star, Torres, Warren, and even more prospects

We traded Warren and Ryan for Star before the season started

Jeeeeeeeeesus

NOTSportsCenter™ ‏@NOTSportsCenter
BREAKING: Yankees trade Aroldis Chapman to Cubs for Gleyber Torres, Adam Warren, Jimmy Butler, Alshon Jeffery, and a Chris Sale throwback

Lmao

wish the dodgers hadn't backed out of that Chapman trade before the season.

Sucks to see the Yankees getting a pretty decent return. Going to suck even more when in a couple years they have a ton of $$ to spend and Harper etc is on the free agent market.

I agree. We needed more strength in the pen, but not sure it was worth 4 players unless they manage to sign him to an extension.
Zero chance of an extension. He will become a free agent but they can sign him then if they outbid the Yanks.

Cubs can be pretty loose and stupid with money, but I agree, don't see him staying
I know they have the money but Yanks wanted to sign him and trade Miller for bigger package and his people said no thank you. He wants free agency and knows he will have big markets after him. Yanks/Cubs/ and Dodgers will be in the market as well.

If Dodgers sign a big money closer they will keep Jansen. I could see Chapman signing with them if they give him the extension he wants after he gets there and likes it. Even before he becomes a FA. Was not going to happen overnight for this trade though.

There's talk of Chapman feeling really comfortable in NY and the chances aren't too bad that he'll be back

Staying with the Cubs would be a good idea though, team will be good for a while and he'll like winning and playing deep in the yoffs

FML if the Yankees get Torres and then just resign Chapman in the offseason.

If he leaves Chicago, I'll be surprised if he goes anywhere else

Edit: unless somebody else gives him a ridiculous amount of money, of course

Sox will be in on him. TBH i wouldn't be mad if they traded Kimbrel, signed Champman and made a big offer for Sale or Fernandez since the SP's out there are a joke next year. JBJ, Shaw, E-Rod, Swiheart + prospects they get for Kimbrel (or Devers) would get the ball rolling on that.

Sox will be in on him. TBH i wouldn't be mad if they traded Kimbrel, signed Champman and made a big offer for Sale or Fernandez since the SP's out there are a joke next year. JBJ, Shaw, E-Rod, Swiheart + prospects they get for Kimbrel (or Devers) would get the ball rolling on that.

You would trade lil PED?!

Cangels pls trade Huston street and Joe smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back